Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitzelsperger

Great result against a battling Blackburn team who gave it a go, which was eventually their undoing! Arsenal on the break looked awesome and TH14's goal was what we've come to expect of the king, absolute brilliance! Hope im not wrong but I can see us getting a big result against the scum next weekend with Cesc showing scholes and carrick how its done!

ONeill

This was an important result - breaking down the 'northern' myth that I was starting to believe, and following up two impressive cup results with an away victory in the league. Blackburn were in the best run of form they'd experienced in years so I expected a run-around. As it panned out, it was relatively comfortable and if Gilberto hadn't reacted to Savage it could've been 3 or 4-0. Pity he's out of the Manure tie this weekend. Hopefully Fabregas's injury isn't too severe. Great goals too.

Onto Manure at the Emirates. Normally dread these games but looking forward to this one. If Utd win, I'll accept them as the Real Deal (I still think they'll falter). However, i think Fergie will take a leaf out of the likes of Sheff Utd or Villa and sit back at the Emirates, taking a 0-0 or 1-1 or sneaking a breakaway goal. This is not the time for Man Utd to make a statement of footballing prowess - they'll gladly allow Arsenal 99% possession, 54 shots on goal, but still take something from the game. Fergie knows not to play swashbuckling football at Arsenal. If Utd go 1-0 up I fear the worst. They'll sit back and hit Ronaldo on the break.

Arsenal will play the way they always play, and if they score first, forcing Utd out, it could be lights out for Utd.

Should be a clinker. Bring back Keown.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ildanach

gilberto missing is big blow. He has been very good this year. Flamini will come in for him. I would be confident if gallas was back for the game
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

Rather harsh article on Eboue, some of which rings true.

Eboue and the man in the mirror

QuoteThere are players, or better put - a player, currently at the club - who are a disgrace to the shirt

Emmanuel Eboue. A fantastic talent going forward no doubt, and a key man in the defence during the Champions League run last year. But an absolute disgrace to the shirt - what is with this guy?

I read an interview with a few months ago and he came across really well, so it gives me no pleasure to say this but he is a cheat and I do not want to see him in an Arsenal shirt again. I was embarrassed to watch him once again react to an imminent booking by collapsing on the floor like a child being told off by his mother.

It isn't the first time this has happened, it happened during the north London derby in December. It happened at Bolton and it's really unnecessary, he doesn't need to do it. If you've fouled someone you should be man enough to take the booking.

This is forgetting the goal he cost us by staying on the floor expecting a free kick at home to Spurs last season, and the dive in the Champions League final that ultimately brought us a goal.

It seems to me the old adage, "Remember who you are and who you represent" needs drumming into this young lad because he's making an arse of himself right now. It was great to see Justin Hoyte replace him immediately as he went down again in the Kop end penalty area.

Seems to me Hoyte's attitude is the complete opposite of Eboue's and while the consensus maybe that Hoyte has no future here, for me, it's really refreshing to see a young lad who just wants to play for the Arsenal.

At least I can't imagine Hoyte going down with imaginary injuries! I think Eboue really needs to take a look in the mirror because the speed with which he was replaced on Saturday does not bode well for his Arsenal career.

Of course, Eboue may well be injured, but for me, he's now the boy who cried wolf and we all know what happened to him, right?

http://arsenal-mania.com/articles/3103491/Eboue-and-the-man-in-the-mirror.html

Dinny Breen

Harsh but fair O'Neill, he really annoys me and like the writer above I don't think Hoyte has a future at the club but at least he's an honest committed player
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Fair play to the fans that identify the cheats in their own club. Well done to the writer, and to other Gunners fans who have no time for this sort of thing.

The same shite rankles me with Luis Garcia at Anfield, and Chelsea fans have voiced their disapproval with Drogba in the past.

It seems as if the fans are the only ones with a real interest in driving diving out of soccer.

ONeill

muppet

Let us all give thanks and praise:

Praise them
MWWSI 2017

Norf Tyrone

Van Persie is out for the season gents.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

Nice to do the double over the Yanks. Utd started well and it was easy to see why they were top of the league - confident passing and secure at the back. Gradually Rosicky, Hleb and Fabregas started to hold onto the ball and show why they are best at that. I thought both sides had their spells on top and a draw wouldn't have been unfair to either team. Utd lost the game around the 70th minute when they attempted to play down the clock. Instead of maintaining what they were doing they started time wasting and completely lost focus, forgetting what got them ahead in the first place. Two great finishes and a major blow in Van Persie's injury. Hopefully this is an excuse for a quick dip in the transfer market. Forget about Aliadiere.

A good day.

ONeill

Dinny Breen

Fabregas was my man of the match as the game progress he was outstanding, the front pair worked their socks off. Still questions marks over Man Ure's title creditials as this was a big test they failed. Is Ronaldo the new big game bottler  :P
#newbridgeornowhere

Billys Boots

I think it was a deserved win for the Arse (as a neutral observer), Utd seemed to think they were safe after scoring and handed the Gooners the initiative (never a good move).  I thought Arsenal were very impressive going forward, and if they can get Rosicky a bit more focussed, he looks like a matchwinner.  Was impressed by the Utd. left full Evra, very attack minded and quick, though both Arsenal goals came from down his channel.  Opens the premiership up a bit, which can't be too bad.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ONeill