Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Good point, well made, would read again....

Over the Bar

Quote from: Boycey on May 08, 2019, 06:43:13 PM
The price is 3billion, business men ain't buying at that price? They simply couldn't make money, even another leveraged buyout wouldn't be sustainable. The only alternatives are a vanity buyer or the current owners.

The six million dollar question is had United got Klopp or Guardiola would they be sitting pretty now or would they be exactly where they are? The easy answer is they'd be sitting pretty, I'm not sure..

United would have a different squad so impossible to know for sure. 

AZOffaly

Quote from: Over the Bar on May 09, 2019, 08:26:07 AM
The price is 3billion, business men ain't buying at that price? They simply couldn't make money, even another leveraged buyout wouldn't be sustainable. The only alternatives are a vanity buyer or the current owners.

The six million dollar question is had United got Klopp or Guardiola would they be sitting pretty now or would they be exactly where they are? The easy answer is they'd be sitting pretty, I'm not sure..

Of course it would be a different squad. I think 9 of the 14 players Liverpool used on Tuesday were signed by Klopp, and obviously the likes of Oxade chamberlain, Salah and Firmino are others. He could field a team entirely made of his signings and acadamy grad(s). Really only Henderson, TAA and Gomez are semi regulars who were not brought in by Klopp.

Alisson
TAA
Matip
Van Dijk
Robertson
Wijnaldum
Robinho
Shaquiri
Mane
Salah
Firmino

LooseCannon

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 09, 2019, 08:57:43 AM

Of course it would be a different squad. I think 9 of the 14 players Liverpool used on Tuesday were signed by Klopp, and obviously the likes of Oxade chamberlain, Salah and Firmino are others. He could field a team entirely made of his signings and acadamy grad(s). Really only Henderson, TAA and Gomez are semi regulars who were not brought in by Klopp.

Alisson
TAA
Matip
Van Dijk
Robertson
Wijnaldum
Robinho
Shaquiri
Mane
Salah
Firmino

Robinho, jaysus. The last I heard of him he was in trouble with the law in Brazil.

magpie seanie

You'll tell me this is pie in the sky but how many United supporters are there in the world? Surely you'd be able to get a million of them to throw in a few grand so that the club is forever run for only the game? Or a supporters fund supported by a few wealthy backers of like mind? I know the numbers are eye watering but it's the solution that is optimal. No one believed Ferguson would win 13 league titles and 2 European Cups and the rest in 1990 - we've seen impossible dreams come true with this club and in this sport all the time. Often what's "impossible" is only a limitation of the mind. I've said it years ago and still believe it - it's what every United supporter should be aiming for.

Not advocating for them because they're clearly not the nicest people either but I don't think Saudis would actually be worse owners than the Glazer scum because they'd want the club to win for prestige reasons. Same as the crowd who own city. They wouldn't be in it to milk cash out of it like the Glazer scumbags who couldn't care less if United never won another trophy.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Boycey on May 08, 2019, 05:37:02 PM
I'm not even talking about getting rid of the Glazer's, the only ones that can afford United at this stage are the Saudis?? And they'd be worse owners in my opinion. I'd settle for football people running the football club. We can say what we like about City but at least their owners have the right people in the background

Hope Man U never end up winning the way City does. For all the tribal banter ( from us Liverpool fans ) Man U are club with too much rich history and character to be turned into some efficient but mechanical winning machine fuelled by better budgets than its rivals. Would you ever get a night like Tuesday at Anfield in the Etihad but I could see it happening in Old Trafford all right. If nothing else the last two nights has taught us is money might buy you a league title but it can't buy passion. Something tells me PeP would rather be in Klopps or Pochettino shoes right now.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 09, 2019, 09:21:41 AM

You'll tell me this is pie in the sky but how many United supporters are there in the world? Surely you'd be able to get a million of them to throw in a few grand so that the club is forever run for only the game? Or a supporters fund supported by a few wealthy backers of like mind? I know the numbers are eye watering but it's the solution that is optimal. No one believed Ferguson would win 13 league titles and 2 European Cups and the rest in 1990 - we've seen impossible dreams come true with this club and in this sport all the time. Often what's "impossible" is only a limitation of the mind. I've said it years ago and still believe it - it's what every United supporter should be aiming for.

Not advocating for them because they're clearly not the nicest people either but I don't think Saudis would actually be worse owners than the Glazer scum because they'd want the club to win for prestige reasons. Same as the crowd who own city. They wouldn't be in it to milk cash out of it like the Glazer scumbags who couldn't care less if United never won another trophy.

It won't happen, too many so called fans groups mainly the new found social media dickheads looking out for their interests and would have no issue in ricking the boat. Too many of the younger generation look up to clowns like Howson who's only out for himself.

I'd imagine the Saudi's will be sniffing around and the Galzers must be getting frustrated with missing out on CL yet again, I'd like to think their time is coming to and. Their a big part of why United are in this hole but United budget wise are well able to compete with Europe's top clubs which wasn't the case 10 years ago. I'd imagine between interest payments, dividends & director salaries to the Glazers there's probably circa £40m a year leaving the club which wouldn't happen under an owner like the Saudi's.

AZOffaly

Quote from: LooseCannon on May 09, 2019, 09:11:43 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 09, 2019, 08:57:43 AM

Alisson
TAA
Matip
Van Dijk
Robertson
Wijnaldum
Robinho
Shaquiri
Mane
Salah
Firmino

Robinho, jaysus. The last I heard of him he was in trouble with the law in Brazil.

:) Fabinho of course :)

Farrandeelin

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 09, 2019, 09:30:20 AM
Quote from: Boycey on May 08, 2019, 05:37:02 PM
I'm not even talking about getting rid of the Glazer's, the only ones that can afford United at this stage are the Saudis?? And they'd be worse owners in my opinion. I'd settle for football people running the football club. We can say what we like about City but at least their owners have the right people in the background

Hope Man U never end up winning the way City does. For all the tribal banter ( from us Liverpool fans ) Man U are club with too much rich history and character to be turned into some efficient but mechanical winning machine fuelled by better budgets than its rivals. Would you ever get a night like Tuesday at Anfield in the Etihad but I could see it happening in Old Trafford all right. If nothing else the last two nights has taught us is money might buy you a league title but it can't buy passion. Something tells me PeP would rather be in Klopps or Pochettino shoes right now.

Amen to that.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 09, 2019, 10:24:10 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on May 09, 2019, 09:21:41 AM

It won't happen, too many so called fans groups mainly the new found social media d**kheads looking out for their interests and would have no issue in ricking the boat. Too many of the younger generation look up to clowns like Howson who's only out for himself.

I'd imagine the Saudi's will be sniffing around and the Galzers must be getting frustrated with missing out on CL yet again, I'd like to think their time is coming to and. Their a big part of why United are in this hole but United budget wise are well able to compete with Europe's top clubs which wasn't the case 10 years ago. I'd imagine between interest payments, dividends & director salaries to the Glazers there's probably circa £40m a year leaving the club which wouldn't happen under an owner like the Saudi's.

Goldbridge is another fella,  they are making big money off the United name with their youtube fan channels with betting companies sponsoring them. This current online campaign #unfollowmanunited will be total waste of time in my view.

Wildweasel74

You been buying titles for years. You were nearly always in the top 3 buying players the years you won the league going bck to the start of the 90's. So don't kid yourself you's are any better than city.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 09, 2019, 08:12:03 PM
You been buying titles for years. You were nearly always in the top 3 buying players the years you won the league going bck to the start of the 90's. So don't kid yourself you's are any better than city.

In fairness Manchester United earned the money they spent on players and recently they have paid over the odds on players and wages because clubs and player agents fooled a clueless chief Executive. Manchester City won the lotto with the prize money of a trillion.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 09, 2019, 08:59:05 PM

In fairness Manchester United earned the money they spent on players and recently they have paid over the odds on players and wages because clubs and player agents fooled a clueless chief Executive. Manchester City won the lotto with the prize money of a trillion.

It's a fair point to be honest - what odds how you got the money? Professional Sport or Football isn't a game of morals - United had it relatively easy in the 90s too with their financial power.

screenexile

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 10, 2019, 09:45:10 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 09, 2019, 08:59:05 PM

It's a fair point to be honest - what odds how you got the money? Professional Sport or Football isn't a game of morals - United had it relatively easy in the 90s too with their financial power.

Totally agree having a shit ton of money means nothing if you don't have the right people in place to make it translate on the pitch. United can crow all they want about earning the money themselves but they have just as much money as City as evidenced by the Sanchez deal and they are where they are and City are where they are.

"Oh but City have no history" Yeah they were founded 2 years after Man United 140 years ago so that's bullshit as well. They're creating history now!!

toby47

United on the verge of completing their first transfer of the summer. Daniel James from Swansea - 15Mill