Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Trying to keep positive, you can see the job Klopp has done at Liverpool in a relatively short space of time and within a budget too.

Huge summer ahead just like everyone since Fergie left, about time we got it right. A few weeks ago I was unsure what I'd do with Pogba but having watched him since then I'd gladly get rid of him, his attitude stinks but from what I've heard so does Martial's and Sanchez's. He's not going to be able to get rid of all of them.

Boycey

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 08, 2019, 10:52:01 AM
Trying to keep positive, you can see the job Klopp has done at Liverpool in a relatively short space of time and within a budget too.

Huge summer ahead just like everyone since Fergie left, about time we got it right. A few weeks ago I was unsure what I'd do with Pogba but having watched him since then I'd gladly get rid of him, his attitude stinks but from what I've heard so does Martial's and Sanchez's. He's not going to be able to get rid of all of them.

Rashford too if all is to be believed, realistically they can't all go though. Until they fix what's wrong higher up I don't think they will fix the playing side of things.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on May 08, 2019, 11:07:23 AM

Rashford too if all is to be believed, realistically they can't all go though. Until they fix what's wrong higher up I don't think they will fix the playing side of things.

Never heard anyone questioning Rashford's attitude. Are you sure Boycey? I think he'll be fine but I'd like to see him get more goals (of the easier variety)....I think that will come.

I've gone from leaning towards keeping Pogba to definitely wanting him out. He'll prosper in a really good side that can accomodate his immaturity and lack of professionalism (remember when I got killed on here for criticising him being made captain!!!) but United are a long way from that so better cash in and get two or more really good players with the proceeds. Sanchez has to be shipped out, he's a joke and an absolute disaster to have around the place reminding everyone of the ridiculous wages he's on. I'd persist with Martial for one more season but he'll need to buck up his ideas. He has been poor since he signed his new contract but perhaps with the removal of Pogba he might knuckle down and fulfil his potential.

trailer

Lukaku
Lingard
Pogba
Sanchez
Young

Start with that as a summer red out.

Keyser soze

Utd's Achilles heel this season has been the concession of too many goals, any rebuilding job needs to start from the back out if Utd are going to challenge for titles any time in the near future. For far too long MU have been patching up their defence with converted wingers such as Valencia and Young or injury prone players such as Jones and Smalling,  who are gaff prone also, which is not a good combination. i know the new signings have also spent long periods out with injury, a settled back four is the cornerstone of any team so that is definitely the first thing that needs addressed.

Lindeloff, Bailly, Dalot and Shaw [though he still looks overweight] should probably be retained but the acquisition of a top class CH with leadership abilities is an absolute must. Someone who not only frightens the opposition but his own players.

De Gea needs to make a commitment about what he is going to do, if that is not 100% to MU he should be let go [with the added bonus of shutting Benny cake the f**k up  ;D] and a solid replacement signed.

GJL

Quote from: Keyser soze on May 08, 2019, 11:53:28 AM
Utd's Achilles heel this season has been the concession of too many goals, any rebuilding job needs to start from the back out if Utd are going to challenge for titles any time in the near future. For far too long MU have been patching up their defence with converted wingers such as Valencia and Young or injury prone players such as Jones and Smalling,  who are gaff prone also, which is not a good combination. i know the new signings have also spent long periods out with injury, a settled back four is the cornerstone of any team so that is definitely the first thing that needs addressed.

Lindeloff, Bailly, Dalot and Shaw [though he still looks overweight] should probably be retained but the acquisition of a top class CH with leadership abilities is an absolute must. Someone who not only frightens the opposition but his own players.

De Gea needs to make a commitment about what he is going to do, if that is not 100% to MU he should be let go [with the added bonus of shutting Benny cake the f**k up  ;D] and a solid replacement signed.

Good post. A leader in CH is essential. Look at the great Utd teams of the past and they all had at least one physically and mentally strong CH who was an out and out leader on the pitch. Today's successful teams have it with Kompany, VVD and the likes.

I think the only decent CH Utd have at present is Lindeloff and I'm not sure he is a leader. If he had a top class man beside him it would be a great start.

Boycey

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 08, 2019, 11:21:51 AM

Never heard anyone questioning Rashford's attitude. Are you sure Boycey? I think he'll be fine but I'd like to see him get more goals (of the easier variety)....I think that will come.

I've gone from leaning towards keeping Pogba to definitely wanting him out. He'll prosper in a really good side that can accomodate his immaturity and lack of professionalism (remember when I got killed on here for criticising him being made captain!!!) but United are a long way from that so better cash in and get two or more really good players with the proceeds. Sanchez has to be shipped out, he's a joke and an absolute disaster to have around the place reminding everyone of the ridiculous wages he's on. I'd persist with Martial for one more season but he'll need to buck up his ideas. He has been poor since he signed his new contract but perhaps with the removal of Pogba he might knuckle down and fulfil his potential.

Im sure you go through the United forums like myself, his name comes up often enough in posts. The last line of your post says all, we're hoping that a guy who just signed a new contract on 200k a week 'might' knuckle down...

I'm possibly becoming a broken record on this but until things change fundamentally in the club it won't get better. People keep posting lists of players and saying if we get rid of these/sign these things will be better, no they wont. 

BennyCake

Rashford is a young lad, finding his way with nobody to mentor him.

Giggs had leaders, mature, seasoned pros who eased him in and showed him the way, like Robson, Bruce, Pallister, Hughes etc. The class of 92 had Cantona, Keane, Schmeichel, Hughes etc. Rooney and Ronaldo had Scholes, Rio, Keane, VDS etc.

There's no leaders in this United team to bring Rashford on, he's having to step in at 18 or 19 and become a leader himself. I think that's why he's lost his way this last year or two.

BennyCake

Quote from: Keyser soze on May 08, 2019, 11:53:28 AM

I hope he goes too so I can shut the f**k up! :D

I do think he'll go. He doesn't look interested, his recent form is atrocious, and I'd tell him go and f**k himself with those wage demands.

Armamike

Rashford strikes me as a good lad and someone to keep hold of at all costs.
That's just, like your opinion man.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on May 08, 2019, 01:40:32 PM

Im sure you go through the United forums like myself, his name comes up often enough in posts. The last line of your post says all, we're hoping that a guy who just signed a new contract on 200k a week 'might' knuckle down...

I'm possibly becoming a broken record on this but until things change fundamentally in the club it won't get better. People keep posting lists of players and saying if we get rid of these/sign these things will be better, no they wont.

To be fair you're 100% right about the structures in the club and the ownership. I've kind of given up saying it and am hoping against all hope that the club can be successful despite it. Probably a tall order. It's madness what has been allowed to happen to the club. I just don't see things changing for the better any time soon sadly in terms of the club but OGS could make some good signings and improve the team in the short to medium term perhaps.

Boycey

I'm not even talking about getting rid of the Glazer's, the only ones that can afford United at this stage are the Saudis?? And they'd be worse owners in my opinion. I'd settle for football people running the football club. We can say what we like about City but at least their owners have the right people in the background

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Boycey on May 08, 2019, 05:37:02 PM
I'm not even talking about getting rid of the Glazer's, the only ones that can afford United at this stage are the Saudis?? And they'd be worse owners in my opinion. I'd settle for football people running the football club. We can say what we like about City but at least their owners have the right people in the background

There is a few wealthy business men that might buy if the price is right but i don't see the Glazers leaving anytime soon. Ed Woodward isn't a football man and would be start to stop him running the football side of things.

Liverpool turned things around from the mess they were in back in 2010. Their owners you could say are lucky to have such a good manager in Klopp but the best wasn't got out of him until the dead wood was cleared out and Michael Edwards was appointed sport director to work along side him and they have barely made a poor signing since.

United's recruitment has been a joke the last 6 years. Too many of the wrong type of players brought to the club and not a leader among them. I wouldn't be surprised if another disastrous Sanchez like signing is done this summer by bringing in Gareth Bale who is 30 in a few weeks,past his best,injury prone and would only be coming because of the high wages.

Boycey

The price is 3billion, business men ain't buying at that price? They simply couldn't make money, even another leveraged buyout wouldn't be sustainable. The only alternatives are a vanity buyer or the current owners.

The six million dollar question is had United got Klopp or Guardiola would they be sitting pretty now or would they be exactly where they are? The easy answer is they'd be sitting pretty, I'm not sure..

Insane Bolt

Not with that shower of dung that tog out week on week