Will Paddy be back???

Started by Midlands Man, July 05, 2010, 12:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midlands Man

Any word on Paddy Bradley returning to the Derry team? They will need him against Westmeath imo...

GrandMasterFlash

His attitude's not much use to the Derry setup so they're better off without him IMHO.

longrunsthefox

No-one should be above sitting on the bench if that is how the manager calls it. Best let Paddy go ...

Logan

The management pulled a fast one here ... drop Paddy to show him who's boss against a team you know you can beat.
It was a calculated gamble - apologies Carlow.

They knew this would happen.

There was no reason that I've heard to drop him - apart from show him who's boss.
Shocking man management on the backroom teams part.

Who in their right mind would drop him? Even if he was injured you'd have him on the pitch as a distraction to the other defenders. While he has rubbed the odd person up the wrong way, he's a hell of a talent to be able to drop.

I honestly think Cassidy has signed his own resignation speak with that team selection.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Logan on July 05, 2010, 04:01:49 PM
The management pulled a fast one here ... drop Paddy to show him who's boss against a team you know you can beat.
It was a calculated gamble - apologies Carlow.

They knew this would happen.

There was no reason that I've heard to drop him - apart from show him who's boss.
Shocking man management on the backroom teams part.

Who in their right mind would drop him? Even if he was injured you'd have him on the pitch as a distraction to the other defenders. While he has rubbed the odd person up the wrong way, he's a hell of a talent to be able to drop.

I honestly think Cassidy has signed his own resignation speak with that team selection.

Maybe he needed reminding of who's boss.. In any case, he should have read the situation/took his punishment and sat it out..

Logan

ha ha ... wudn't expect a Monaghan man to have much sympathy for him.

I agree he should have taken the decision on the chin, but if the motivation is as I think it was ... then it's just childish games by Cassidy.

Either way ... Derry are in a bad state.

Midlands Man

Id agree with what your sayin logan , if Derry had of been playin a bigger team other than Carlow Bradley would of been a definite starter.. It a case of the manager shown whos boss.. Bradley should of took it on the chin though

The Konica

Agreed, he should have taken it on the chin.

I suspect the backroom team expected that reaction from him too.

Bogball XV

The word on the street is that he'll definitely be lining out, it obviously won't be confirmed until Saturday evening, but himself and Cassidy have seemingly come to an arrangement whereby they'll put up with each other for the greater good of Derry football.

By the way, whilst this was a power play, it was definitely a power play gone wrong.  Cassidy did not want him gone from the panel as some have alluded to, as to alienate the county's best player over the last decade and then lose would hardly make a lot of sense. 

Midlands Man

What sources have you this for this bogball , are you a derry man urself?

Maguire01

Quote from: Logan on July 05, 2010, 04:01:49 PM
Who in their right mind would drop him? Even if he was injured you'd have him on the pitch as a distraction to the other defenders.
That's ridiculous. No player is bigger than the team.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Midlands Man on July 05, 2010, 07:26:57 PM
What sources have you this for this bogball , are you a derry man urself?
he might not be starting, so i'd not change my fantasy team or anything ;), take eoin bradley if that's what you're looking for (he'll bag a goal and 2 anyway).

Midlands Man

Haha fair play bogball exactly why im wondering was he comin back.. Yeah he'l probably be on the bench if his back, and start the next day if they get over westmeath.. Great that his back anyway cos i cant take him out of my team...

Midlands Man

Looks as if hes gone for good...

longrunsthefox