Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Which specific rules? We already established that the boy you have called out wasn't taking any money.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 25, 2020, 10:29:00 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2020, 10:03:52 AM
Players in Belfast and other cities, have moved around, it happens and the GAA is still going.

What are you doing about it?
I take a juvenile team and On club committee so that's my role. It's up to Croke to enforce the rules . That's their role

On club committee? has your club brought forward a motion to tackle this any further? Has your club refused kids from other clubs that wanted to move on due to various reasons?

Has your club in the past had outside managers?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2020, 08:46:46 AM
Destroying the GAA?

Jesus, seeing as you have put it like that .....

Players and managers are making lucrative moves, a lot of managers getting paid 'expenses' but players now making lucrative moves?

What's made the GAA special is that 99% of people grow up and play for their parish and never move or manage other clubs, that will continue to happen as clubs are made up of families and local schools and communities, hyperbole'ing stuff won't be making it anymore than what it is
Rules are rules MR2 and I'm glad I'm in the 99% majority. Why have rules, ethics etc amd not apply them. If you referee do you apply the rules 99% and turn a blind eye to 1%. Surely we applied 100% of Covid regulations
Wise up

Dunsilly King

Just a thought, has it ever occurred to you that perhaps the reason why so many of our clubs coaching standards are so poor is because its inside men have the lack of coaching expertise, repeating year after year, that has resulted in many many poor teams. Antrim has not one school playing Mac Rory and that is a direct result of clubs poor coaching. Cargin and Creggan have been bringing outside coaches for quite a while, mean while  have had their youth teams improve, their youth players playing in Mac Rory as a result, both Sean O Neill and Paudie Mc Laughlin from Cargin were on the St Pats Maghera team that were to play in last Marchs Mac Rory final that was cancelled. That has resulted in coaches from within those clubs learning from skilled outsiders and have introduced those methods to their youth teams. One of the main reasons Dublin improved was that they brought in paid GPO's to the clubs to improve coaching standards within clubs, ten years later look what they have become.

As I said just a thought.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on September 25, 2020, 11:03:01 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2020, 08:46:46 AM
Destroying the GAA?

Jesus, seeing as you have put it like that .....

Players and managers are making lucrative moves, a lot of managers getting paid 'expenses' but players now making lucrative moves?

What's made the GAA special is that 99% of people grow up and play for their parish and never move or manage other clubs, that will continue to happen as clubs are made up of families and local schools and communities, hyperbole'ing stuff won't be making it anymore than what it is
Rules are rules MR2 and I'm glad I'm in the 99% majority. Why have rules, ethics etc amd not apply them. If you referee do you apply the rules 99% and turn a blind eye to 1%. Surely we applied 100% of Covid regulations
Wise up

Ok Bronco, have I mentioned that its not in the rules? Its down to Croke park to enforce them, if they believe that its breaking the rules then so be it, that's the chance a club takes, if its actually the club paying and not a generous clubman, or the players for that matter..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Footballfan473

Heard about this board through a friend. Some great discussion on here.. One myth I want to clear up though. Cargin & Moneyglass make up the parish  of Duneane and Creggan & Tir na Nog are both part of Randalstown parish.  There's a myriad of town lands that run through all country areas but Kickhams Creggan Gac are not based in the Duneane parish.

Spike

Quote from: Footballfan473 on September 25, 2020, 01:48:58 PM
Heard about this board through a friend. Some great discussion on here.. One myth I want to clear up though. Cargin & Moneyglass make up the parish  of Duneane and Creggan & Tir na Nog are both part of Randalstown parish.  There's a myriad of town lands that run through all country areas but Kickhams Creggan Gac are not based in the Duneane parish.

A significant number of members and lands surrounding the pitch are part of Duneane Parish which is why it confuses some.

Bronco

The St Galls man has no trouble with the rules because his own club are notorious for recruiting players from other clubs.

What a surprise

123Bigball

Id say most clubs have a player from another club whether it be a blow in to the area or a player moving for their own reasons

123Bigball

Quote from: Spike on September 25, 2020, 03:57:23 PM
Quote from: Footballfan473 on September 25, 2020, 01:48:58 PM

A significant number of members and lands surrounding the pitch are part of Duneane Parish which is why it confuses some.

Im sure alot of the moneyglass team would be from ballyscullion parish too. Part of a different diocese all together I think.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bronco on September 25, 2020, 04:37:57 PM
The St Galls man has no trouble with the rules because his own club are notorious for recruiting players from other clubs.

What a surprise

We don't recruit, players come to us, if they work or have moved to the area should we just say no?

By recruiting your implying we pay them  ;D

You crack me up

Bronco

I'm not implying you pay them. But the policy of taking players from smaller clubs in the area goes against what I believe the GAA should be all about.

Dunsilly King

I recall our club secretary telling me two years ago, that 9, yes, let me repeat that, 9 players from Eire Og club transferred to St Galls.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 25, 2020, 06:26:33 PM
I recall our club secretary telling me two years ago, that 9, yes, let me repeat that, 9 players from Eire Og club transferred to St Galls.

9? At senior level or juvenile or was it sanctioned players ?

Dunsilly King

I have no idea, he just showed me the list of transfers at the start of the season. My jaw dropped at 9 transfers to St Galls