2018 Joe McDonagh Cup

Started by Mossy Bruce, March 20, 2018, 11:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

Any word from the camp regarding injuries etc.

Who will go full back on Saturday? I think Matthew Whelan played in there after the sending off. An absolute must win game but will count for little if Antrim beat Westmeath.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

blueandwhite1

Quote from: redsetanta on May 30, 2018, 04:15:12 PM
Any word from the camp regarding injuries etc.

Who will go full back on Saturday? I think Matthew Whelan played in there after the sending off. An absolute must win game but will count for little if Antrim beat Westmeath.

I think there is a policy of deliberate silence from the camp. Not a word from anyone. They clearly plan to do their talking on the pitch on Saturday.

blueandwhite1

No Cha in first 15?? Anyone any insight?

redsetanta

AOIS: Enda Rowland (Abbeyleix); Joe Phelan (Camross), Leigh Bergin (Shanahoe), Colm Stapleton (Borris-Kilcotton); Podge Lawlor (Ballinakill), Matthew Whelan (Borris-Kilcotton), Ryan Mullaney (Castletown); James Ryan (Rathdowney-Errill), Paddy Purcell (Rathdowney-Errill); Ben Conroy (Slieve Bloom), Neil Foyle (Borris-Kilcotton), Ciaran Comerford (The Harps); Willie Dunphy (Clough-Ballacolla), Ross King (Rathdowney-Errill), Stephen Maher (Clough-Ballacolla)

No Cha alright. Has he picked up an injury? His form hasn't be brilliant this year but he's still a big player for the team.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Keyser Söze

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on June 01, 2018, 04:27:01 PM
No Cha in first 15?? Anyone any insight?

I'm hearing that he is out and King is very doubtful!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

finbar o tool

An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Laois Rising

Shambolic second half. Men versus boys. Similar to Westmeath and Kerry game where we outfought and out muscled. Lack of 3/4 men leaders down the spine of team very telling.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: finbar o tool on June 02, 2018, 04:14:39 PM
Kelly Out!

It was Cheddar's fault a few years ago remember!!

Kelly was a ridiculous appointment that should never have been made.
Some of the carryon this year with both the Senior & U21 set up has been a joke.

I'd go further than get him out.
Get him out NOW.

Let some combination of those involved over last few years- Owen Coss, John Taylor, Seamus Dwyer, Paul Cuddy, Damien Culleton - in to take over for the Meath game and relegation play-off.

The last thing we should allow happen is for him stay on to beat Meath and whoever in the playoff, walk away, get an article off Damien Lawlor on why Laois players didn't put the effort in, and reappear somewhere else as an Intercounty Manager within a year or two.

Get rid, now.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Dave like the tv channel

Grand. Get rid. Another journeyman manager making the rounds of the lesser counties, making hay while the sun shines for him.

Where to now though? The setanta programme needs a reboot if we're pulling through players to be hammered by f**king Carlow. No excuses now. Smaller population, does both codes. smaller funding.....

F**king Carlow!

Unison

Why not ask Cheddar to come back?

Laoiseabu

That's an embarrassing result . Surely the manager is a dead man walking at this stage

Laois Rising

Laois job after Cheddar was always going to be an impossible task with so many retirements and withdrawals from Laois panel. We were basically left with an Under 23 panel that had achieved little at under age and lacked physicality. I worry for the next 4:5 years whoever comes in. Things look to have got progressively worse as the year progressed. Our team looks like a group of Young lads who have lost confidence and belief. Once things started to go wrong on the field of play they folded like a house of cards

Mossy Bruce

What's next? :-[

Do I have this right?
If Laois loses next week (godforbid), it's straight down to the Christy Ring, next year.
If Laois wins next week, we then play the winner of this year's Christy Ring--with the loser of that match down in the Christy Ring, next year.

Ugh.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Keyser Söze on June 02, 2018, 04:27:53 PM
Let some combination of those involved over last few years- Owen Coss, John Taylor, Seamus Dwyer, Paul Cuddy, Damien Culleton - in to take over for the Meath game and relegation play-off.

Hear, hear!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

drici

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on June 02, 2018, 06:31:01 PM
What's next? :-[

Do I have this right?
If Laois loses next week (godforbid), it's straight down to the Christy Ring, next year.
If Laois wins next week, we then play the winner of this year's Christy Ring--with the loser of that match down in the Christy Ring, next year.

Ugh.

A Kerry win over Antrim and a Laois win over Meath would change things.