Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

All seeing I

Friends, there are a lot of opinions and heresay about this whole debacle. It's all very unsavoury. To date only one party has come out and gave "their version of events". Any of us with any wit will know that there are always two sides to every story and they are not often the same. Whilst its easy to take a side swipe at those in power whether it be in our clubs/counties wherever, those doing all the shouting are usually never prepared to take office or responsibility. With that in mind i'd be keen to hear the Executives version of events in order that I can make an informed decision of my own as to what the real problem is here. And until I make that decision - i will keep an open mind. The only slight concern i have to date is - why has our Executive not come out with their version of events?
I am not saying they have to. They may be absolutely right in what they are doing and therefore do not need to broadcast it or defend themselves but i always think a bit of transparency is good.

btdtgtt

Quote from: All seeing I on April 16, 2014, 11:25:11 AM
Friends, there are a lot of opinions and heresay about this whole debacle. It's all very unsavoury. To date only one party has come out and gave "their version of events". Any of us with any wit will know that there are always two sides to every story and they are not often the same. Whilst its easy to take a side swipe at those in power whether it be in our clubs/counties wherever, those doing all the shouting are usually never prepared to take office or responsibility. With that in mind i'd be keen to hear the Executives version of events in order that I can make an informed decision of my own as to what the real problem is here. And until I make that decision - i will keep an open mind. The only slight concern i have to date is - why has our Executive not come out with their version of events?
I am not saying they have to. They may be absolutely right in what they are doing and therefore do not need to broadcast it or defend themselves but i always think a bit of transparency is good.

I think there is a very good reason why we haven't heard much from the Executive on this.
If they had any notion of justification for their actions rest assured we 'd have heard.
And so again - how will this whole thing be dealt with come Convention and accountability?
You've guessed it.

btdtgtt

I will opt for st galls v St. John's. Think it's a toss of coin.
Keep any eye on fixtures as clubs will change times this weekend.
What's up at Rossa?
Anyone heard anything from hannahstown?

jeremiah

Rossa game is at 2 on Saturday

btdtgtt

Well that proves my point quicker than ever!
MR2 post definite time & day for your fixture please.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 16, 2014, 09:02:05 PM
Well that proves my point quicker than ever!
MR2 post definite time & day for your fixture please.

It's at 6, I'll be in Tenerife tucking into me dinner and having a few beers at the all inclusive hotel!! Johnnies should be too strong for us  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Expect a classy crowd
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on April 16, 2014, 09:38:46 PM
Expect a classy crowd

I'll be on best behaviour. Saving it for Stag in Spain the following weekend!! Boom
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: theskull1 on April 16, 2014, 09:38:46 PM
Expect a classy crowd

;D !!!
I will be bringing my ear muffs for sure!

Bonamargy

Good win for St Galls over St Johns today 1-14 to 0-14.

btdtgtt

I only saw the 2nd half which st galls seemed to be physically stronger (on the ball) and St. John's hurling was majorly disappointing I would have assumed they'd have been better prepared.
Well done milltown a big boost. Hard work pays off?

btdtgtt

Decent exciting game if not exactly championship quality there at sarsfields.
Incredible result against the cushendall reserves!
The team cushendall fielded is not sarsfields problem and fair play to them on a great win!
Some terrible stuff shouted from "supporters" should not tarnish some great effort on the pitch.

Bonamargy

We beat Portaferry by 4 without Neal and Clarkey who are not allowed to play because they start next week for Antrim (ridiculous)

I see on the county results that Sarsfields beat Cushendall, Ballycran beat Loughgiel by 7, Dunloy beat Ballygalget by 4. Great results for St Galls and Sarsfields, even if Cushendall and St Johns had to field weakened teams at the request of Kevin Ryan.

Important to get points on the board early. A couple of weeks off now until the next round of fixtures on 11th May.

May head up to watch Carey V Glenariff on Wednesday night to see a bit of hurling in the good weather. Should be worth watching.

btdtgtt

Don't start me on club players not being allowed to play - f**king insanity.
And more fool them also.
For what?
A routine round robin series then beat by a strong team and a routine play-off.
Big deal.
And our whole club scene suffers as a result. And the vast majority of club hurlers and supporters suffer as a result.
But it's all worthwhile - sure it's worked for ages - we're so successful at inter county level aren't we?