Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Cavan minor team v Down – A. O'Meara; R. Farrelly, R. Dunne, O. Minagh; D. Graham, T. Reilly, J. McEvoy; Barry Watters capt., J. McEnroe; Niall Smith, D. McKiernan, A. Cole; M. Cunningham, C. Smith, Martin Dunne

BallyhaiseMan

Lethal Full Forward Line,

Enough ball and they will destroy any Full back line at this level.
Midfield id have my worries though.
Barry Waters is a brilliant footballer, but a midfielder? im not sure hes big enough.
J McEnroe better be an absolute Giant.
Rory Dunne at Full back, Brick i always thought he was a mf or a forward.
good half back line aswell.

cavanmaniac

Great, we should lead by 4 going into last 5  mins and lose by a point in injury time.

Me of little faith. :(

anglocelt39

Lethal Full Forward Line,

Enough ball and they will destroy any Full back line at this level.

Oh christ no, I knew it was too good to last...........................................................

In fairness to Ballyhaise Man he has managed to express reservations about midfield so we have not yet progressed to the annual idiocy of the best ever Minor Team with the Captain practicing his as Gaeilge for September assuming that Ulster is a piece of piss as usual. Again, here's hoping
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

BallyhaiseMan

Anglo

The Full Forward line is outstanding,
But there are aspects of that team id be seriously worried about.
Midfield for one,
Watters is a half forward or half back not a midfielder. im suprised Michael O Reily of Shercock isnt playing at midfield,the guy is a class act in my opinion.
i Dont expect this team to beat Down.

Some players on there i know little about.
i know Graham and Reily in Half Back line are good.
No Doubt in keeping with Cavans legacy,the team will be dwarfed by their Down counterparts throughout the field.

cavan4ever

Watters played midfield and Centre half forward on the county vocationals team.  He is at his best when he runs at players and it will be interesting to see how he gets on under kickouts.

BallyhaiseMan

C4ever

id be a traditionalist in that id always prefer at least one and normaly two 6'2 6'3 ballwinner/s at centrefield at minor level.
we have that in Michael Reily and hes not just a statue either,the guy can play.
I rate Watters very very highly.

a Daniel Graham,Tomas Reily and Barry Watters half back line would be awesome with Watters skills of carrying the ball in evident.
who is the manager anyway Jody Clarke?

cavan4ever

yeah i think it is i wonder will he make a fool of himself again this year by crying on tv.    I see the messge board on the Senior game has turned into a slagging match between armagh and down posters  :-X

mylestheslasher

All that remains to be said is good luck to the Cavan Senior and Minor Squads. It would be a great boost to the county to get 2 wins on Sunday. See ye there lads.

The Bottom Brick

Hear hear the slasher...

Anyone hear anything about Pierson and Forde???
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

The Real Laoislad

Sorry to hijack yer thread lads but i need to ask a question

I have got a offer of some work in Kingscourt(im a electrical contractor) Im working out of Lucan in Dublin,is it a good spin to get to Kingscourt would it be worth driving up that far for a day or twos work?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

CC1

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 11, 2007, 09:49:48 AM
CC1 seeing as you're a shercock man
Is Michael O Reily starting at Midfield for the minors?
Seen him play Under 21 last year and was very impressed.
Sorry, bit late replying to your post Ballyhaise man. Michael is a very very good player, he's very dedicated and has it all (speed, height, strength, skill, passing ability) apart from shooting alot of the time. If you were to ask me what the best part to his game is, then you would have to say his spring and catch. He has an absolutely phenominal leap on him, he's 6'2 or 3 and I would say he could nearly add an extra foot onto that with his leap.

I'm very surprised that Jody left him out of the 15, but I don't know enough about the other players to make a judgement on them. If they are better players than Reilly, then we're in for a treat I'm sure! He impressed alot of people last year senior and u21 and was arguably one of our best players along with Sean Magee and Paddy McPhillips. He scored three points from midfield against Knockbride this year, which isn't bad at all. Either way, I reckon we'll see him at some stage tomorrow afternoon.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

CC1

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 12, 2007, 08:32:59 PM
Sorry to hijack yer thread lads but i need to ask a question

I have got a offer of some work in Kingscourt(im a electrical contractor) Im working out of Lucan in Dublin,is it a good spin to get to Kingscourt would it be worth driving up that far for a day or twos work?
It would take you 50 minutes to get to Kingscourt from the N3/M50 roundabout on a good day. Normally doesn't take much longer than that...
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

gortnaleck

Is Michael Reilly a son of Packy's

BallyhaiseMan

Well i dont know what to make of that performance,had some good aspects and some bad ones.
anyway my ratings

1.James Reily,saved us yet again,the man is a saint,kickouts very good as usual. 8

2.Martin Cahill, had a hard time marking Danny Hughes,but stuck to his task well and eventually came out on top. 7

3.Eamon Reily,done ok,but Packie Downey did get on alot of ball. 6

4.Paul Brady,Roasted by Gunner early on,improved when moved out to the half back line,Not vintage gunner by any means,but done ok. 6

5.Michael Hannon,switched into mark Coulter early on,in my opinion done a good job on him,Isolated too much on the MayoBridge man,(bad tactics by Cavan) but done aswell on him one on one as anyone could. 7

6.Anthony Forde,Very underpar performance,wasnt at the races today. 6

7.Ronan Flanagan,Very good,got on the ball well,picked up breaks,foot passing accurate,very good in possession 8.

8.Dermot McCabe,A Collosus at Centre Field,everything went through him.Fielded good ball,kick passing was mostly exquisite and some great long range frees. 8

9.Lorcan Mulvey,Looked overweight,Completely defeated at Centre Field by Dan Gordon,didnt have the legs to stay with him.Wont be playing the next day. 5

10.Ray Cullivan,very disappointed in Culli,nothing went right for him today at all. 6

11.Mark McKeever,Unusually sloppy,hasnt been the attacking presence we've come to expect this year yet,needs to contribute more scores like he done other years,but worked hard. 6

12.Larry Reily,started brilliantly,but fizzled out,then reappeared when the game was on the line,and ran at the heart of the Down Defence,this game will bring his fitness on alot aswell. 7

13.Seanie Johnson,scored one out of 4 shots,movement was good,but didnt always get the ball when open,unlucky to be taken off as he got the better of his marker. 7

14.Gerard Pierson,scored 3 points but missed 5 or 6 shots aswell,Movement very good,Gave Rooney? his opposition player a torrid time with his movement.If he can get more accurate,he will be a match winner next week,again i questioned him being taken off. 7

15.Jason Reily, uncharacteristically Missed two goal chances,Movement was good though.missed a few scorable chances as well. 7

subs,
Michael Lyng ,done very well when came on,should start the next day. 7

Sean Brady,kicked a super point and showed well for ball,should start the next day. 7

Nicholas Walsh,won a few important balls in the last few minutes to set up attacks,should start the next day at centrefield in place of Mulvey.7

Jonathon Crowe,done well for the goal,i think his physical presence would be very helpful in the half back line the next day.7

Cian Mackey,done ok,looked lively but done some stupid things like kicking the ball straight up in the air. 6

In my opinion the first 4 subs named should be starting the next day,
we need to adopt serious defensive tactics to stop the leaking of goals.
the naming of Forde as a forward then dropping him back in front of Coulter is one that should be looked into.
i questioned some of the substitutions aswell.
What was with Mulveys Physique? christ has the man trained in the last month?i was expecting big things from him today,but he was just too heavy and immobile.

As for the minors
Desperate performance by a woeful team

Oisin Minagh outstanding,
Rory Dunne done well,but hes not a full back,he got skinned a couple of times because hes not a natural defender,But other than that i thought he was good.

the small number 2 from Lurgan was roasted.

Thomas Reily done well i thought,Daniel Graham was ok

Very disappointed in Barry Watters.
James McEnroe was non existant

Adrian Cole tried hard and was probably our best player
disappointed in Martin Dunne and McKiernan

Conor Smith done well
Mark Cunningham scored some great points and is a lovely footballer,
But hes no sharpshooter im afraid
Eugene Keating looks a class act.
Michael O Reily of shercock should have been on much earlier
David Givney the number 20 wasted a glorious goal chance near the end.
Worst Minor team in 5 years.
Diabolical stuff.