Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: handballer09 on August 24, 2010, 10:10:43 PM
Quoteand hopefully Pat Flanagan as trainer(if Dessile Dolan snr as we expect will get the Westmeath job)

You're thinking of a different Pat Flanagan entirely.

Just checked it and you're right,different Pat Flanagan,the one with westmeath is an offaly man.
The Pat Flanagan im talking about was involved with Val,during his first spell with Cavan, and alongside Andrews with Tralee IT,and was involved with the Kerry team from 2004-2006,overseeing their fitness,and once again when Jack O Connor returned in 2008.
Hes a highly rated trainer.

Breffni_Yank

Will the clubs accept that nomination do you's think?? I know club members in my area aren't overly impressed.

Will they work with mainly the same bunch of players or will  they look the start afresh?

Lawrence of Knockbride

I agree with Boojangles. The use of the word "joint" makes me uneasy for a start. Somebody needs to be the boss and so I also agree roughly with what Denn Forever says about wanting Hyland but not being confident enough given some negative whispers around the county.

I also find it odd that the the distance between the proposal and the meeting to vote him in is so close together.

Louth Exile, you might state your reasons for your deepest sympathies. I didn't follow his progress in your county.

PhilsJemmysField

Val Andrews and T Hyland were the "Joint" Managers in Louth as well I believe even though it was not widely known as Andrews did all the Media work. So Louth opinion here is important. Just to go back to the infamous County Meeting where Andrews took the hump. I believe it was the question why could he not get "Larry To pass the ball" that done the trick. 

Terry Coyle

I'm with you on the joint managers lads. Don't care who it is but there really needs to be one man in charge and thats it. Andrews is a likeable character though. Doesnt appear to be a me man (unlike Carr) and maybe might get more out of the players. I dont know if many of the players will even listen to Hyland though.

Dougal

lawrence,from what ive heard,he only managed to win 3 league games in 2 years.infact,before tommy came here,tommys record was about as good as his (better,depening on how highly you rate the sigersons he won).
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

full moon

At the bottom of the barrel aren't we?

What a depressing situation.

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: full moon on August 25, 2010, 12:45:34 PM
At the bottom of the barrel aren't we?

What a depressing situation.

Calm down full moon, I would have rathered Stevie Wonder manager the team instead of Carr again...

I think it lacks imagination but then again, who genuinely wanted the job and who could we afford to pay at present?

I would rather have Val and Terry doing it together than either by themselves.

full moon

Two wrongs don't make a right. The reaction of the Louth fans says it all for me.

Breffni_Yank

They deserve a chance is all I am saying.

Obviously interest was not huge in the  job and in fairness, why would it?

At least we know we have a managemment team that want to be there and not just for the money

Celt_Man

So tonight is the night... Will the pair of boys get in with the club's ratification?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

full moon

Only if the sky is blue....

There could be a full moon tonight...

Celt_Man

Quote from: full moon on August 26, 2010, 04:42:27 PM
Only if the sky is blue....

There could be a full moon tonight...
ya reckon??
Well for what it's worth - I reckon they will be the Cavan Senior Managers come the end of the meeting
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Louth Exile

Val Andrews was without any shadow of a doubt the worst Louth manager in the last 25 years and I can remember them all!!! Some of the highlights:

* Winning only three league games in the lowest division in 2004 & 2005
* Bring the attendance at a competitive Louth intercounty game down to 15! (Bantys statement yesterday reminded me of this)
* Finishing the league in 2005 with only London and Killkenny lower than us.
* Qualifier game against Antrim in Drogheda. A blind man could see that Nicky Mc Donnell was our best player on the day and he takes him off! The hill goes mad and he looks around like a rabbit in the headlights. Game went to extra time and guess who started and went on to be our best player in this period also!
* Qualifier game against Monaghan in Brefni. Louth team meet outside Ardee in the afternoon, normally there would be food laid on such days. Andrews hasn't thought of even these basics. Players have to ask him on the bus what is the story about grub. He hasn't thought of this!! They ring ahead to the pub on the Dublin road (you lads all know the one, past the Crystal Hotel on your left as you come in). They have to trapse through the pub and all the supporters to have soup and sandwiches an hour before the game!! Its no wonder that we didn't play until the second half, sure the food was only digested at this stage....
* By the end of his tenure he had driven away players like Martin Farrelly, John Neary, David Brennan, Peter Mc Ginnty and others who all returned on his departure. He retired Ollie Mc Donnell
* He had absolutely no professionalism whatsoever in his entire set up by modern standards and should never, ever be let speak to the media as he is a complete embarrassment.

I seriously don't think that I can find a positive thing to say about the two years of a shambles that was his time in charge of Louth. I have a liking for Cavan and I am sorry to see it come to this for ye!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

full moon

Quote from: Louth Exile on August 26, 2010, 05:13:26 PM
Val Andrews was without any shadow of a doubt the worst Louth manager in the last 25 years and I can remember them all!!! Some of the highlights:

* Winning only three league games in the lowest division in 2004 & 2005
* Bring the attendance at a competitive Louth intercounty game down to 15! (Bantys statement yesterday reminded me of this)
* Finishing the league in 2005 with only London and Killkenny lower than us.
* Qualifier game against Antrim in Drogheda. A blind man could see that Nicky Mc Donnell was our best player on the day and he takes him off! The hill goes mad and he looks around like a rabbit in the headlights. Game went to extra time and guess who started and went on to be our best player in this period also!
* Qualifier game against Monaghan in Brefni. Louth team meet outside Ardee in the afternoon, normally there would be food laid on such days. Andrews hasn't thought of even these basics. Players have to ask him on the bus what is the story about grub. He hasn't thought of this!! They ring ahead to the pub on the Dublin road (you lads all know the one, past the Crystal Hotel on your left as you come in). They have to trapse through the pub and all the supporters to have soup and sandwiches an hour before the game!! Its no wonder that we didn't play until the second half, sure the food was only digested at this stage....
* By the end of his tenure he had driven away players like Martin Farrelly, John Neary, David Brennan, Peter Mc Ginnty and others who all returned on his departure. He retired Ollie Mc Donnell
* He had absolutely no professionalism whatsoever in his entire set up by modern standards and should never, ever be let speak to the media as he is a complete embarrassment.

I seriously don't think that I can find a positive thing to say about the two years of a shambles that was his time in charge of Louth. I have a liking for Cavan and I am sorry to see it come to this for ye!

Says it all for me. And yet you will have buffons at this meeting that will vote them in.

The only positive point I have seen anyone mention is they they want to be there and not for the money. (Which we don't know)

This is a IC side, wanting to be manager can't be good enough can it?!