Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavanmaniac

I didn't see a venue C4ever, just got the info on the Cadbury's website. The winners play Antrim or Down in the semi on the 26th, provincial final down for April 5th, but that's all the info there at the moment.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: cavanmaniac on March 11, 2008, 03:02:40 PM
I see the U21s are down to play Tyrone in the Ulster Championship on March 19th. I haven't heard a dickie-bird about our U21s for a few weeks, anyone have any information over and above what appeared a few pages back?

I'm refusing to be in any way hopeful this year. Trying to trick the Karma I am...

They played Donegal in a friendly at the weekend.
beat them i believe.

shotstopper1

BHM what's the story on McCormack was he taken off injured or was he sent off? Seeing as HM hasn't commented I'd presume its the former .

cavanmaniac

I believe the Tyrone game is in Omagh on the 19th although I wouldn't regard the person who told me as trustworthy on that.

Who's managing the U21s, please someone tell me it's not Keogan?

shotstopper1

From Ulster Council website

Ulster U21 Football Championship
Team 1 Team 2 Venue Date Time Referee Comment
Down  Antrim  Pairc Esler Newry Down 19/03/2008 20:00 Darren McQuillan   
Tyrone  Cavan  Healy Park Omagh Tyrone 19/03/2008 20:00 Aiden McAlynn

Cavanfan

Quote from: shotstopper1 on March 12, 2008, 10:27:03 AM
BHM what's the story on McCormack was he taken off injured or was he sent off? Seeing as HM hasn't commented I'd presume its the former .

I heard that he came off injured (his groin). Not 100% sure.

mylestheslasher

Well lads. Meath this weekend in a must win game. I think we have a chance as they are no great shakes. All the usual problems will still be there but hopefully McCabe will be a bit fitter as will McKeever and Flanagan. What I am worried about is that it will probably be a close match and Meath are famous for coming out on the right side of those types of games. Never the less, breaking with my recent depressed outlook on Cavan football I predict a Cavan win by 2 points.

It is worth noting we have played Meath in the league for the past 3 years and on each occassion it has been in Navan. What is the story with that?

I hear Larry was playing great stuff for Knockbride at the w'end. It wouldn't suprise me if he got a call back into the panel. I'd say he would be a good man to bring on for the last 20 minutes of a match.

cavanmaniac

I think they just pluck league venues out of the air to be honest...and Larry is definitely good for the last 15 minutes of any game, we're way too dependent on Johnston and anyone that can chip in with a point or two would be welcome.

cavan4sam

Hi guys, new to the board, Nicholas Walsh was called back into the county panel and was present at training last night.
Ronan Flanagan is injured, seems to be having a lot of trouble with his hamstring. Didn't play for Castlerahan at the weekend. Sean Brady didn't play either ??? Think Cavan may still do ok in Navan on Saturday night as Meath are without a number of their star forwards; Bray, Farrell, O'Rourke and Sheridan, Peader Byrne was sent off the last day against Westmeath so not too sure on his availability.

Im hopeful of a Cavan win.

cavanmaniac

Welcome...we'll soon school that optimism out of ya, don't worry! 8)

mylestheslasher

I am glad to hear Walsh is back in the panel. He may not be the greatest footballer in the world but he is still capable of doing a job for us I think and we sure aren't blessed with many good midfielders. Its a shame that Flanagan is struggling as he had a good game against the dubs. Can't make the game myself this w'end as I have to go to a wedding so I'm hoping for a decent report from our budding journalists on the board!

cavan4sam

Don't think Flanagan will be risked on Saturday considering the u21s are playing in Omagh on Wednesday night. I would hope that he will be back for that, as he is probably their most important player.

cavanmaniac

Yep I'd rather have him for the U21s as well to be honest.

Can anyone tell me if Keogan is in charge of the U21s, or someone else? Please say it's not Keogan...

Hollow Man

I'll drop dead of shock if we get a result in Navan.

Keogan is an absolute disgrace, on and off the line. The man shouldn't be let over an Under 12 club team (incidentally, he never was), let alone a county senior side.

The set up is a shambles, with Keogan and McCabe calling the shots - one who the players don't respect, and the other who is a great, great player but who is too domineering by half and undermines morale.

While I appreciate that we need options at midfield, what will brining Walsh back do for morale? It means that the likes of Gaffney and Galligan, busting themselves in training, are back down the pecking order automatically because, well, Walsh is Walsh.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Cavan 11/4 to beat the Royals lads-get on it before I put one of my houses on it and slash the odds. With all the forwards missing as mentioned above and especially Peadar Byrne. The work that boy puts in is ridiculous. It may be unfound optimism but Lawrence just has a feeling in his gut about this one.