Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

takeyorpints

Quote from: Westside on May 12, 2012, 01:11:33 PM
So takeyorpints would you say that Tipperary should be beating Kerry? They have also had 2 years to plan for the game, if they don't beat Kerry would you slate the management?
.         Never mentioned Kerry, Tipperary. What I'm saying is Armagh will beat Tyrone simply because their season has been geared to that aim. We could beat Donegal if we step up to the Mark because I don't see Donegal as a major powerhouse even in ulster. They play to a gameplan. It hasn't won them any admirers but they happy with it. It will be interesting to see Hylands tactics regardless of the end result. Last years joint managers tactics for that particular game were way off the Mark.Hyland has to take some responsibly for those tactics last year. Let's see what he has learned within a year regarding how to play Donegal. Regardless of the end result let's see how he sets his stall out. That in itself will tell if he has the makings of an intercounty manager. The result is irrelevant in the short term . Bottom line he needs a better game plan than he was part of last year. Let's wait and see

Westside

I'm making a comparison, Cavan are massive underdogs against Donegal, Tipp are massive underdogs against Kerry. Whether you see Donegal as a powerhouse is irrelevant, no matter what your opinion of them they are defending Ulster Champions playing Div 1 football. So I'll ask again: You seem ready and willing to slate Cavan and Hyland if they lose to Donegal. Would you slate Tipp and their new manager for not beating Kerry? It's the same difference is it not?

So Hyland's tactics for this one game will tell whether he has the makings of an intercounty manager?? One game makes you a bad manager or a good manager now does it?
Wise up. We are miles behind Donegal. No managerial masterstroke will bridge the 2 Division gap all of a sudden. Hyland has already said how we will play, it will be the same tactics as the Donegal U21 game last year.

TheThirdManning

Can some people not just go support the team and hope for the best on the day? Nobody should be expecting Cavan to beat Donegal at this moment in time. Doesn't mean you cannot go and compete and asses where Cavan are at the minute.

Nearly every county in the country will be jealous of the breakthrough Cavan have made in recent years at underage level. Give it time.

Westside

Exactly TTM. We will go to Breffni tomorrow week hoping we can pull something off but with no expectation. All I want to see is an effort to go at Donegal, not go out to limit a hammering. If we don't let them waltz through us at the back, if we show some innovation in the forwards, show a bit of fighting spirit and make it hard for Donegal, stick with them for a while at least, I'll be happy enough.

takeyorpints

Westside I wouldn't slate Cavan for not beating Donegal but I expect them to put up one he'll of a better show than they did last year in both their championship games. Otherwise yes questions will be asked of certain players who have been ever present this past 2 years. With regard to tipp v Kerry tipp are working on the back of 1 minor success . So that's alot different to our underage success since 2010 ulster final defeat. Yes it's time some of these lads stepped up and proved and showed they have the makings of future intercounty footballers. Lads like McDermott, Fitzpatrick,Meehan,smith have shown no cut about them whatesoever since they became involved at senior level. McDermott for shuch a big man is very one dimensional as to what he can do. In short he is adair of his shite and is a big disappointment .

tommysmith

TheThirdManning

Quote from: takeyorpints on May 12, 2012, 04:41:08 PM
Westside I wouldn't slate Cavan for not beating Donegal but I expect them to put up one he'll of a better show than they did last year in both their championship games. Otherwise yes questions will be asked of certain players who have been ever present this past 2 years. With regard to tipp v Kerry tipp are working on the back of 1 minor success . So that's alot different to our underage success since 2010 ulster final defeat. Yes it's time some of these lads stepped up and proved and showed they have the makings of future intercounty footballers. Lads like McDermott, Fitzpatrick,Meehan,smith have shown no cut about them whatesoever since they became involved at senior level. McDermott for shuch a big man is very one dimensional as to what he can do. In short he is adair of his shite and is a big disappointment .

Good man that what a young lad needs to hear as he tries to find his feet at Senior level. The lad is 21 or 22. Give him a chance. Why do you even bother supporting a team with an attitude like that?

takeyorpints

Mcderrmott has Ben in the senior team for the last 2 years. He needs to step up and take that "afraid " look off himself. He has been ever present. Never dropped , rarely substituted. And no improvement whatsoever. His average return per game is 0-2 and half that is frees. We can't afford passengers like that. Mcbrearty of Donegal is 4/5 years younger than McDermott and there a bit of cutting about him. He not afraid . McDermott is afraid of his shite . That can be seen in every ball he half heartily goes for. Looking around him expecting the clatter on the back of the head. Just can't talk these players up if they not up to scratch. Change things. Use him as an impact sub til he gains confidence. Take Meehan. Been used as a forward, back, runner, first player taken off, always replaced by Murray. I'm sure he looks at the sideline sees Murray warming up and 9/10 tomes knows he is being replaced. These lads don't know if they are coming or going. As a player on the county panel said to me last night " it's chaos, I feel like packing it in only I've put so much into it since November, I may as well stick it another month. But that's it, ain't interested ever again getting involved with a bunch of players that half are so far up their own arseholes it's unreal." so things haven't changed much it seems

TheThirdManning

McDermott is still 21. How you can talk about one of the better young players in the county in recent years is beyond me. You are some boy and I hope you are never within ear shot of me at a game.

mylestheslasher

You come on here slating me and now you have shown what a brainless low life you are. Maybe you should f**k off and start supporting kildare.

Westside

Tipp are not just working off the back of 1 Minor success. They won Munster U21 in 2010. So since 2010 we have the same amount of trophies as Tipp at underage level. You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Myles is right. You are a terrible supporter, signed on to stand up for Johnston and then moved to abusing Niall McDermott. It's assholes like you that don't deserve to see any success.

takeyorpints

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 12, 2012, 05:53:07 PM
You come on here slating me and now you have shown what a brainless low life you are. Maybe you should f**k off and start supporting kildare.
.    There you go still obsessed by Seanie and Kildare.. You don't like it when anyone here goes against your sacred opinion. You been slated on the main board when you tried your 2 pence worth about Johnston. Do you even go to the games?how many senior games were you at in a year? Tipical Internet poster with nearly 5000 posts putting Cavan football to right! Proper sit on the fence clown. Your club probably never won f**k all. Your an arsehole who don't like anyone disagreeing with you or your "I agree with you myles" cronies. Surprised you haven't commented on Seanies latest position. Or do you know the latest? Anyway when you do hear it remember we knew it all long before you. Ya clown ya!!!

tommysmith

TheThirdManning

Quote from: takeyorpints on May 12, 2012, 06:55:39 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 12, 2012, 05:53:07 PM
.    There you go still obsessed by Seanie and Kildare.. You don't like it when anyone here goes against your sacred opinion. You been slated on the main board when you tried your 2 pence worth about Johnston. Do you even go to the games?how many senior games were you at in a year? Tipical Internet poster with nearly 5000 posts putting Cavan football to right! Proper sit on the fence clown. Your club probably never won f**k all. Your an arsehole who don't like anyone disagreeing with you or your "I agree with you myles" cronies. Surprised you haven't commented on Seanies latest position. Or do you know the latest? Anyway when you do hear it remember we knew it all long before you. Ya clown ya!!!

Your are live on Channel 4, please do not swear

takeyorpints

Myles I right! King myles! A true supporter ! If Kildare win the all Ireland myles will need a new 42 inch!!