Laois v Westmeath Tullamore 26th of May

Started by Unlaoised, April 16, 2019, 12:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Really looking forward to this already its only 40 days away ..

There is nothing between the two teams yes they have got the better of us twice in recent times but I still think we can put on a show like we did last year in Tullamore which was the same date the 26th of May on a Saturday.

We have a few options now after John blooded new players in the league and if Piggott's injury clears up we should have a full bill of health going into this one.

Training has stopped for a few weeks and the players are back with their clubs.

It will be interesting to see how things progress from here to the championship!

LAOIS ABÚ

The Boy Wonder

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Butch Cassidy

The Boy Wonder

Quote from: Unlaoised on April 16, 2019, 12:06:02 PM
Really looking forward to this already its only 31 days away ..

That's a wide on both sides now Unlaoised - hopefully the lads will be more accurate on the day....only slagging   :D

Unlaoised

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on April 16, 2019, 04:22:58 PM
Quote from: Unlaoised on April 16, 2019, 12:06:02 PM
Really looking forward to this already its only 31 days away ..

That's a wide on both sides now Unlaoised - hopefully the lads will be more accurate on the day....only slagging   :D

Got lads to reply ...was just checking to see if this forum was working at all.....

Anyway has anyone got anything to add to the topic apart from how good you all are at pointing out mistakes!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o
LAOIS ABÚ

The Boy Wonder

At this time of year we all harbour hopes no matter how many times they have been dashed in the past.
The gap between end of league and LSFC is longer than usual for Laois this year so at best one could only predict 10-12 of starting lineout.
I think we're all confident that John Sugrue will have our lads well primed and we know Westmeath will be brimming with confidence.

PS
Clue for Unlaoised - the number of days JC spent in the desert.

Unlaoised

League player profile

okay so today we are going to look at

Graham Brody

Had a fine league campaign until his bad pass in Croke park that may or may not have cost us the game.

Its easy to look at the score at the end and say it did,however would we have been in this position without the performances of the Portlaoise stopper this year so far.

DOWN (away)
Played very well up in Newry starting countless attacks including the one which Murphy got his goal from his kick outs were cute and gave Laois a real advantage in the game.

LOUTH (in Croker)
Not much he could do about the goals in front of what was a poor full back line.Tried in vain to get things going in the second half running out the field past some of his teammates who seemed routed to the spot the same day but somethimes it looked a tad silly

SLIGO(Home)
Didn't have much to do until the last ten mins when two goals flew past himcan't be blamed for either did kick a few 45s wide the same day but his kickouts were excellent and he made two very good saves!

WESTMEATH(away)
Laois were bullied in many ares in this game and the kickouts were no different .Brody was forced to go short and he did that to the best of his ability his general play was good and he again made a few crucial saves probably Laois's man of the match

LONGFORD(home)
Again Brody would have close for my man of the match .Excellent kickouts one outstanding saves and a few great bursts to start attacks two of which we got points directly from.

OFFALY(away)
Brody again stood out in this match as one of Laois's best players his handling under the ball was good and he made one great save in the first half.Another clean sheet and his kickouts against the breeze were particularly good

CARLOW(home)
Once again the Laois stopper was one of Laois's best players on a great day for the O'Moores getting promoted.three decent stops one from Brodrick late on especially .Kickouts were excellent made easier by the fact Quigley was going up in the clouds for them.

WESTMEATH(FINAL CROKER)
Was having a good day up until his high profile error but these things happen maybe he might choose his moments better but I hope he doesn't stop because he adds great pace to a lot of Laois's attacks!

OVERALL BRODY gets a 8 from me in the league certainly in Laois's top five players in the whole campaign!

LAOIS ABÚ

Giovanni

Fair play to you! Impressive memory!

Brody has been hugely impressive since he came into the team. I know a lot of people hate it, but I think he has changed the way goalkeepers are thought about now. Even Beggan is following Brody's lead in this regard (although Beggan gets the plaudits). Super player imo.

on the hop

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Lads, there's already a Leinster football 2019 thread here.  Might be better to keep all the comments in the one thread..
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=28930.0
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

Quote from: on the hop on April 17, 2019, 11:23:47 PM
Have we lost a player to the states??
Depression and anxiety? Sadness and melancholy?

on the hop

Quote from: Don Draper on April 18, 2019, 06:42:03 AM
Quote from: on the hop on April 17, 2019, 11:23:47 PM
Have we lost a player to the states??
Depression and anxiety? Sadness and melancholy?

only when I see you commenting