Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebar

Quote from: OgraAnDun on April 01, 2016, 04:52:41 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on April 01, 2016, 04:49:51 PM
Paul D you talk a lot of sense but I don't agree with all that you say.
So Burren are the only team at underage doing the work ?
What all did they win last year bend your back?
Anyword on team news for Sunday???
Clarke back yet?

He said he agreed with some of the points, not them all.

x2

Farrandeelin

Seen as there's no sign of any Down man on the Mayo v Down thread, I'm wondering if there will be many Down people at the game on Sunday?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

cut the crap

Don't be under any illusions about our secretary, if you think he has no influence in selecting team managers , why is he on every selection panel, if you think he wasn't involved in Burrenbridge why was he and the then chairman involved in all the negotiations that ultimately put us in such a dire financial state.
He may be a very hard working secretary and good at administration,but he has a bad track record when it comes to dealing with football matters and clubs in general.
Again I state we need an independent review with the findings made public and the recommendations carried out.We need to ensure no county executive member be on any future selection committee when county team managers are sought.
Contrary to the wishes of the executive the clubs have to have the last say when it comes to getting quality people in , and the implementation of a coherent strategy in respect of coaching in schools and clubs.People in paid positions have to be accountable and a record taken if what they have achieved and whether they are giving value for money and deserve to be in the positions they presently occupy.

Line Ball

Lads, not a peep about the Mayo game on here, I just think we have given up.  The County Board can't even be bothered naming a team so why exactly would anyone travel to Mayo, is this how the Down Way plays out?  You look at the teams named in various media outlets but no, thats not the way we do things in Down.  If there is a wrong way of doing anything, you can be assured that we will find it.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 01, 2016, 11:47:46 PM
Seen as there's no sign of any Down man on the Mayo v Down thread, I'm wondering if there will be many Down people at the game on Sunday?

I think the lack of talk in here about it will be your answer.

rosskarr

Smurfy123

Are we the only team in Ireland that do not name a team before national league games?
We named one pre Donegal but after that no team has been released.I think everyone even our PRO has given up on this season.So depressing

NP 76

Team was named last night on official Twitter and Facebook pages no big changes from the last day

NP 76

Cunningham
Collins
Mc Govern
O Hagan
Flynn
Carr
O Hanlon
Turley
Mc Kay
Maginn
Mc Kernan
Murphy
Mc Govern
O Hare 
O Hagan

Mourne Rover

Mid West Radio report five late changes to the named Down side, which sounds a little unusual. McKibben, Brown, Poland, Mallon and Dornan were brought in, but we were not told who dropped out.

OgraAnDun

The Down GAA Twitter feed can't even be bothered giving score updates from the game, they just seem satisfied to retweet Mayo GAA's team announcement on the Mayo panel and that's all. Sums it up.

1-07 to 0-04 after COC scores a penalty for anyone unfortunate enough to be relying on Down GAA to update you.

Aristo 60

OgraAnDun

1-09 to 0-10 at half time. We'll see.

rosskarr

Pleasantly surprised here, 1-09 to 0-10 at halfT

Mourne Rover

We have managed four or fives scores from play in the first half, which has certainly not been the pattern in our previous league games. We also seem to have responded well to their penalty goal, so we will take any progress on offer at this stage.