Derry Minor Hurlers

Started by Antrim Coaster, February 25, 2008, 01:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: scalder on May 21, 2008, 01:58:27 PM
More bad news from Derry!

McGrellis fumes at Derry fixture pile-up
21 May 2008

Derry minor hurling manager Danny McGrellis is fuming with the Ulster GAA Council as he looks likely to be without three key players if his side defeat Donegal this weekend in the Ulster MHC, for a meeting with Antrim on June 1.

Darryl McDermott, Mark McCormick and Benny Herron will all line-out for the Derry minor football team in Ballybofey on June 1, which has forced McGrellis to call for his side's game to be rescheduled.

The former county star seethed about the issue, stating: "It wouldn't happen to any other county.

"In what other county in Ireland are the senior hurlers and footballers and minor hurlers and footballers asked to play on the same say at a different venue?" he asked.

The Banagher clubman insists that if his side get past Donegal at the weekend, they will need the entire contingent to put it up to provincial championship Antrim.

"It would be hard enough for us to beat Antrim, but it will be even harder without those three players. It's like asking the county footballers to do without Barry Gillis, Fergal Doherty and Paddy Bradley."

However it looks unlikely as the Ulster Council refuses to budge on the issue and chairman Danny Murphy says the date, fixed late last year, must stand.

"The game was originally scheduled last November, and Antrim could not concede to the request to change the date, so the original date has to stand," said Murphy.

Let's  not start this sh**t* again. 99.9% of GAA people in Derry couldn't care less.

the green man

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on May 21, 2008, 02:43:46 PM
Let's  not start this sh**t* again. 99.9% of GAA people in Derry couldn't care less.

Were did you pull those figures from. Your hole?

Two Hands FFS

If Derry get through to play Antrim the match should be changed. Thats ridiculous of the Ulster council...a disgrace actually. How can they claim to want to help hurling in Ulster if they dont move this match.

wherefromreferee?

[/quote]

Drones, you annoy my happiness.

I appreciate that its an opinion, but sometimes they're better kept to yourself.

99.9% of people on this board think you're a tool.
In your Endo!

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on May 21, 2008, 03:30:36 PM

I appreciate that its an opinion, but sometimes they're better kept to yourself.

[/quote]

If that's the case, therre are a lot of tools around Bellaghy for I haven't heard one yet who supports Hurling in derry!

the green man

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on May 21, 2008, 04:51:49 PM

If that's the case, therre are a lot of tools around Bellaghy for I haven't heard one yet who supports Hurling in derry!

Maybe you should go out a bit more. Theres at least 2 young fella's from the town who hurl for screen, and two diamonds play/played for swatragh.

Franko

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on May 21, 2008, 04:51:49 PM

[/quote]

Maybe your right... ;)

tonesfirstandlast

First of all, very funny Franko but when you win 21 championships, you can come on here and call us TOOLS! As for greenman , them boys who play hurling for screen, we don't want them as they cause to much trouble and there never was a Diamond played hurling for Swatagh as they would never be allowed in a Bellaghy pitch again if they did. ;D ;D ;D ;D

the green man

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on May 22, 2008, 03:49:46 PM
First of all, very funny Franko but when you win 21 championships, you can come on here and call us TOOLS! As for greenman , them boys who play hurling for screen, we don't want them as they cause to much trouble and there never was a Diamond played hurling for Swatagh as they would never be allowed in a Bellaghy pitch again if they did. ;D ;D ;D ;D

A christ man, engage the brain before you go spouting off. Naill and Aidie Diamond still play, or have played for Swatragh recently.

On side note, 21 championship medals! Well done that must be some sort of record. Cant think of anyone else having that many.

Maximus Marillius

tonesfirstandlast woud ye go away and stuff your head in the toilet.

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on May 22, 2008, 03:49:46 PM

the yougest one is called Sean, and he is a clas footballer...and more importantly a forward with scarey speed. He will play senior footie with the tones. You are a headcase :D