Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: Snapchap on March 27, 2020, 12:17:46 PM
Quote from: Taylor on March 27, 2020, 08:48:07 AM
The Platform  :o :o

Any good?

Its worth a watch - you need to suspend reality while watching it.

Ending pissed me off a bit

screenexile

Quote from: tbrick18 on March 27, 2020, 12:29:48 PM
Personally, I'm struggling to watch much as the whole situation is stressing me.
I've 6 kids in the house and am working from home. Trying to keep them entertained (and fed) at least in some part means loads of kids movies.

Any recommendations for kids movies? We've been through a lot of them. we watched the Sonic movie and Onward over the last week.
Both are good shows.

As mentioned tbrick the Lemony Snicket series is a good job. Each episode between 45mins-1hr but the kids enjoy it even if it is quite dark for a kids show!!

Main Street

There's a film documentary online for free viewing , Homeland: Iraq Year Zero  by the Iraq film maker Abbas Fahdel,
part 1   https://vimeo.com/123389912
part 2   https://vimeo.com/123265527
He's resident in France but made it home in the days before the 2003 invasion. it was a last chance to film life and living in Iraq before it was destroyed forever, through the eyes of his family preparing for a bleak unknown. The 2nd part documents the  destruction/ looting of a thousands of years old culture and the context for the subsequent descent to chaos.
It's long,  longer than Gone With the Wind. It's GWTW plus Ben Hur long.

There's more than just Netflix.
https://sabzian.be/note/in-times-of-social-distancing-watching-films-online

theticklemister

Personally, I'm struggling to watch much as the whole situation is stressing me.
I've 6 kids in the house and am working from home. Trying to keep them entertained (and fed) at least in some part means loads of kids movies.

Any recommendations for kids movies? We've been through a lot of them. we watched the Sonic movie and Onward over the last week.
Both are good shows.

Lad google eighties/nineties kids films. Thing s like Problem Child, Goonies....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theticklemister on March 30, 2020, 10:39:23 AM

Both are good shows.

Lad google eighties/nineties kids films. Thing s like Problem Child, Goonies....

Been trying that with my kids years ago, unless its new they ain't interested!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: Taylor on March 27, 2020, 01:22:51 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on March 27, 2020, 12:17:46 PM
Quote from: Taylor on March 27, 2020, 08:48:07 AM
The Platform  :o :o

Any good?

Its worth a watch - you need to suspend reality while watching it.

Ending pissed me off a bit

Same... it's very very grim as well so don't be watching it if you're in a bad place!

trueblue1234

Quote from: theticklemister on January 15, 2020, 02:59:01 PM
Seen 'The Gentlemen'.

Took a wile to get going, but was class in the end.  Hugh Grant was superb as the sleazy photographer and the fella , he he was interviewing, was as cool as hell.

I had a Matthew McConnaghy hard on this week, so I watched a Time to Kill. Great show. Some amount of great actors and actresses in it.

Watched the gentlemen last night as well. Good show. Hugh Grant was brilliant I though. And I wouldn't be his biggest fan.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 30, 2020, 12:08:10 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on January 15, 2020, 02:59:01 PM
Seen 'The Gentlemen'.

Took a wile to get going, but was class in the end.  Hugh Grant was superb as the sleazy photographer and the fella , he he was interviewing, was as cool as hell.

I had a Matthew McConnaghy hard on this week, so I watched a Time to Kill. Great show. Some amount of great actors and actresses in it.

Watched the gentlemen last night as well. Good show. Hugh Grant was brilliant I though. And I wouldn't be his biggest fan.

Hugh Grant has definitely based his creepy character on a real life journo. I thought he was excellent myself in it.

An Watcher

Thought this was on netflix but couldn't find it

An Watcher

Watched the siege of jadotville, very good

JoG2

Race : film about Jesse Owens. Really enjoyed it. Watched it on Rte. No sign on Netflix and £3.99 on Prime

PS: very little on Prime tbh

An Watcher

Meant to watch that jesse owens show the other night but missed it. Any good?

JoG2

Quote from: An Watcher on March 30, 2020, 07:17:33 PM
Meant to watch that jesse owens show the other night but missed it. Any good?

Really enjoyed it. With the clock going forward, it was a 2am finish.. Locked during lockdown  ;D

imtommygunn

Not a movie but anyone any thoughts on mandalorian? Looks ok thus far though more building up than anything.

Taylor

Quote from: An Watcher on March 30, 2020, 06:31:34 PM
Watched the siege of jadotville, very good

Great show Watcher.
Well put together