Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calm Down

Hi Roger good to see you back:

SFC- Cargin again hard to look past, however this could the year PG1 steps up perhaps? On a side not is/was Tony Scullion injured last season was suprised not to see him out for more games with Cargin?

IFC- This is the real tough one to call and I will go with an outsider in Glenravel

JFC- Rasharkin 

antrimman667

Quote from: Rodger Mona on April 26, 2021, 11:02:55 AM
Guys honest opinions based on what we seen last year... want to hear your fancies for SFC,IFC and JFC. IMO this Covid malarky leaves all championships open and will come down to on the day and strength in depth of the panels. Looking forward to an exciting Antrim Championship this year and i think that our new Senior County set up will cause an upset when they meet Armangh. Hope all you gaels are well. Havnt been on as while and missed the gossip

I think
Cargin SFC
Dunloy/Glenravel IFC
Rasharkin JFC

BigBallWeeBall

My choices:
SNR Cargin/Creggan
INT   A/Grove or Tir na nOg
Jun   Pearses/Rasharkin

bannside

Senior has to be a toss of the coin between Cargin, Creggan and Lamh Dhearg with their 23 county panellists between them.

How can anyone else compete with that?

33/1 Bar.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: bannside on April 26, 2021, 07:04:05 PM
Senior has to be a toss of the coin between Cargin, Creggan and Lamh Dhearg with their 23 county panellists between them.

How can anyone else compete with that?

33/1 Bar.
wat size is the panel?

bannside

Initial panel was around 40 though expect that to be trimmed down to regulation size. Think that might be 32 but open to correction.

It's the start of a new era, good luck to all involved. No easy league games - yet all winnable at the same time. Two outa three ain't bad would be the tune.

Calm Down

Lad's does anyone know when Antrim CCC are publishing the fixtures for the upcoming season?

Rodger Mona

23 between 3 clubs?? il take your word for it bannside but my god where is the players at from the other clubs around the county. is our intermediate or junior footballers nowhere near the standard of county level. im not up to date with the county panel but even in years gone by i can only think of one or two lads whos clubs wernt in div1 that held down their place in a county jersey. Kevin Brady and Big Sean McVeigh in more recent years. If there are more id like to hear about them. Goes back to a debate we had on here regarding Harbinson bringing lads onto the panel who were from clubs outside the big 3/4 and that turned out not a good thing  for him. i think bannside, yourself and milltown along with a few others were advocates for that approach but would need to scroll back and see. Though with the new management doing the complete opposite it will be interesting to see how it pans out for them thats for sure.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rodger Mona on April 27, 2021, 02:59:43 PM
23 between 3 clubs?? il take your word for it bannside but my god where is the players at from the other clubs around the county. is our intermediate or junior footballers nowhere near the standard of county level. im not up to date with the county panel but even in years gone by i can only think of one or two lads whos clubs wernt in div1 that held down their place in a county jersey. Kevin Brady and Big Sean McVeigh in more recent years. If there are more id like to hear about them. Goes back to a debate we had on here regarding Harbinson bringing lads onto the panel who were from clubs outside the big 3/4 and that turned out not a good thing  for him. i think bannside, yourself and milltown along with a few others were advocates for that approach but would need to scroll back and see. Though with the new management doing the complete opposite it will be interesting to see how it pans out for them thats for sure.

I ref'd an in house game with the new panel before lockdown, seemed a good spread of players, obviously a lot for Lamhs, Cargin, Creggan and Ports, but we didnt have that many from Creggan last year (I think) there are Moneyglass and St Brid and Glenavy players on also, We'd maybe one (Galls) and the St Endas lads were there also.

That's just off the top of my head
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

it ebbs and flows.  some years the lower leagues produce some good ones, others not.  if im right there have been plenty looked at and assuming a few tight calls have been made. going by form and experience its easy to see why those 4 clubs have big representation

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2021, 03:45:56 PM

I ref'd an in house game with the new panel before lockdown, seemed a good spread of players, obviously a lot for Lamhs, Cargin, Creggan and Ports, but we didnt have that many from Creggan last year (I think) there are Moneyglass and St Brid and Glenavy players on also, We'd maybe one (Galls) and the St Endas lads were there also.

there are no Glenavy players on it, they all got cut

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on April 27, 2021, 07:08:57 PM

Ah, was that lately?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2021, 07:12:58 PM
Quote from: Tyrdub on April 27, 2021, 07:08:57 PM

Ah, was that lately?

I know Paddy Gallagher has been training with the club since the return after lockdown, so I presume he was cut off the panel during it.

Milltown Row2

He was defo there the day I did the match, be surprised at him being cut

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2021, 07:21:16 PM
He was defo there the day I did the match, be surprised at him being cut

so was I