All-Ireland Final, September 18th, 2016 - Dublin v Mayo

Started by IolarCoisCuain, August 28, 2016, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

RTÉ has confirmed coverage details for the All-Ireland SFC final replay between Dublin and Mayo on Saturday week, throw-in 5pm.

Michael Lyster will be joined by Colm O'Rourke, Joe Brolly and Pat Spillane for The Saturday Game Live on RTÉ Two for coverage from Croke Park from 4pm.

Ger Canning will be joined in the commentary booth by Martin Carney.

Jinxy

It must be in his contract or something.
Was hoping it would be Darragh Maloney.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

square_ball

Quote from: Jinxy on September 21, 2016, 01:08:23 PM
God, I remember playing a few underage games in a downpour wearing those heavy cotton jerseys.
They'd weigh half a stone by the end of it.

And god love the poor fella having to carry the bag of jerseys home for the wash and them weighing ten tonne.

ZeitChrist

Not sure I believe in the idea that Dublin just had a bad day at the office nor do I believe they suffered because of the rain. They won an All-Ireland in far worse conditions last year. Two of their starting forwards have been off form all year and I see no reason why they would suddenly rediscover that form before the final. Additionally Mayo are more than a match for Dublin physically and I actually thought they out muscled Dublin throughout the match last Sunday. What should be concerning from a Dublin point of view is that their players looked out on their feet towards the end. Mayo looked the fresher team both mentally and physically.

From the Bunker

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 21, 2016, 07:39:05 PM
RTÉ has confirmed coverage details for the All-Ireland SFC final replay between Dublin and Mayo on Saturday week, throw-in 5pm.

Michael Lyster will be joined by Colm O'Rourke, Joe Brolly and Pat Spillane for The Saturday Game Live on RTÉ Two for coverage from Croke Park from 4pm.

Why Martin Carney again? He played (and managed underage) for Mayo! Should it not be someone from Ulster/Munster?

5 Sams

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 21, 2016, 08:23:22 PM

Why Martin Carney again? He played (and managed underage) for Mayo! Should it not be someone from Ulster/Munster?

Sky have the two best Ulster pundits and I think the next best one is on the Radio..... Óisín??
The Aristocrat Years

Jinxy

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 21, 2016, 08:23:22 PM

'Why always Martin?'
If you were any use you'd be playing.

straightred

Quote from: ZeitChrist on September 21, 2016, 08:06:53 PM
Not sure I believe in the idea that Dublin just had a bad day at the office nor do I believe they suffered because of the rain. They won an All-Ireland in far worse conditions last year. Two of their starting forwards have been off form all year and I see no reason why they would suddenly rediscover that form before the final. Additionally Mayo are more than a match for Dublin physically and I actually thought they out muscled Dublin throughout the match last Sunday. What should be concerning from a Dublin point of view is that their players looked out on their feet towards the end. Mayo looked the fresher team both mentally and physically.

or............ for all mayo's apparent dominance it was still the team in blue that created 4 goals chances,kicked 3 easy points into the goalies hands and watch a sub totally miscue a simple point along the ground in the dying minutes. They did all that on a bad day - you' wonder what they'll do if they actually do play well.

Asal Mor

That's an excellent piece seafoid, and it's so true about the BS media narratives after the game. If the roles were reversed Mayo would be a laughing stock (wrongly of course).

macdanger2

Quote from: Jinxy on September 21, 2016, 07:47:11 PM
It must be in his contract or something.
Was hoping it would be Darragh Maloney.

Yeah, Darragh is immeasurably better.

Carney is biased but still better than Tom by a country mile

spoofer

Quote from: cuconnacht on September 21, 2016, 05:28:26 PM
Quote from: spoofer on September 21, 2016, 12:43:08 AM
Hi folks, heading to Lanzarote with the family tomorrow for a couple of weeks and will miss replay. Anyone know whats best way to watch it online? Is rte player a goer? Pub might be an issue with 2 little ones!!  :o
RTE.Mainstreet i think said that the rte player was open with geo block removed for the game,I tried it just now and the geo is back up but you,ll be nearer hq even in lanzarote and like he said on the day so worth a peak.

GAAGO.Ive Derry,Kerry,and Donny mates both sides of the big pond who swear by this but invariably at some point have all ended up swearing at it!

Sky Sports 5 Live Streaming - Live Cricket and Watch Online ...
hd.crichd.in/sky-sports-5-live-stream-hd-uk
Sky Sports 5 Live Streaming and watch live cricket streaming and soccer online for free on CricHD.

This one ya can take to the bank.Ive used this under shadow of aztec pyramids,cantinas where landlords stuck it up on a big screen yet you wouldnt get phone reception!Every game perfect.
The match is on skysports 2 but i stuck the address(dont know how to do links)for 5,GAA Championship review at 11pm tonight as you should do a dry run to work it out and check quality before ya leave,nothing worse than shittn a brick about seeing the big game,have it in your pocket.

Good luck on your travels
Thon "los futbolistas de Mayo.......y Dublin" ;D

Thanks for all the info people. I'll be more than sorted now. Miffed i'm missing being there but i'll plough on
Tough over here in Puerto del Carmen. 26 degrees, went for a swim earlier and when I came back to the clan found I had a bit of sand in me 'corona'! Rough  8)

ZeitChrist

Quote from: straightred on September 21, 2016, 08:45:19 PM

or............ for all mayo's apparent dominance it was still the team in blue that created 4 goals chances,kicked 3 easy points into the goalies hands and watch a sub totally miscue a simple point along the ground in the dying minutes. They did all that on a bad day - you' wonder what they'll do if they actually do play well.

You've missed my point. I'm questioning the very narrative that Dublin simply had one off day and that it could never happen again. That's such an unsatisfactory explanation for their performance on Sunday, completely void of any real thought or analysis, and it shows blatant disrespect to the opposition. My point was that from a Dubs point of view, I would be concerned about whether Dublin are as fresh as Mayo and whether they could be physically and mentally out-muscled. Mayo look steelier than ever and they seem to have timed things very well to be hitting peak physical fitness for later in the year. The trek through the qualifiers can do wonders for the body and mind. They looked like they could have kept going the last day, while the dubs looked liek they couldn't get out of there quick enough.
and as much as people keeping harping on about Dublin's scope for improvement, so too do Mayo have room for improvement. They can get better performances out of their key individuals and I'm sure they'll do something about Fenton as he seems to make Dublin tick and was highly influential on sunday. Put someone with a good engine on him and keep him quiet and it would go a long way to helping their cause.

muppet

Mayo created 3 goal chances, 1 blocked, 1 blasted over the bar and 1 harshly blown for a free out.

As for kicking the ball into the keeper's hands, isn't that Joe Brolly's proof that Lee Keegan is a loser and capitulates under pressure?
MWWSI 2017

straightred

Quote from: muppet on September 21, 2016, 10:27:51 PM

Mayo created 3 goal chances, 1 blocked, 1 blasted over the bar and 1 harshly blown for a free out.

As for kicking the ball into the keeper's hands, isn't that Joe Brolly's proof that Lee Keegan is a loser and capitulates under pressure?

I'm not with you on the brolly reference as I honestly don't listen to him anymore.All i know is that it's criminal wastage - Rock's one in the 2nd half in particular was just poor full stop. As for the goal chances - there was nothing harsh about the free out. That was a clear push and he blew for it immediately. However, that's all detail.My point is that for all the talk about how poor Dublin were they left close to 10 points out there due to poor finishing and I don't expect them to do that again.

muppet

Quote from: straightred on September 21, 2016, 11:28:46 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 21, 2016, 10:27:51 PM

I'm not with you on the brolly reference as I honestly don't listen to him anymore.All i know is that it's criminal wastage - Rock's one in the 2nd half in particular was just poor full stop. As for the goal chances - there was nothing harsh about the free out. That was a clear push and he blew for it immediately. However, that's all detail.My point is that for all the talk about how poor Dublin were they left close to 10 points out there due to poor finishing and I don't expect them to do that again.

The point that Malachy Clerking made so well is that you, and most others, only bother analysing one half of the puzzle.
MWWSI 2017