foxcommander

Nothing in the world worse than slow internet

http://youtu.be/Q_XHkgScOSY
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Esmarelda

Quote from: foxcommander on October 15, 2015, 04:28:47 PM
Nothing in the world worse than slow internet

http://youtu.be/Q_XHkgScOSY
I don't know. A broken record must be a close second.

Kursk

Looks like there will be a lot more Refugees on the way if this keeps up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQpxNA-uku4

On the plus side it will at least lend some clarity to the situation.

The weak,confused,  impotent American response has caused this thing to drag on and on and on.
Now everybody knows the rules. Its Assad/Russia v all other parties in Syria. Everybody knows the US and Europe wont lift a finger so
the Russians are free to do what the want and will not be bound by any silly western style hand wringing. Good. That is what is needed.

I expect to see FSA start negotiating pronto. IS will then have a choice. They can focus their energies back toward Iraq/kurds  or else try and take
on the Russians and get bombed back to the 9th century which is where they belong anyway.

I really, really hope they choose the latter. ;)

Go Vlad !

muppet

Cool.

Russia decides to 'shock and awe' them.

That always works as planned and will definitely fix everything.
MWWSI 2017

Kursk

Just to be clear, I think it is a tragedy for Syria and ordinary Syrians on the ground but something had to give.In the short term, there will be pain but  I think it will help bring more clarity to the situation. FSA will see that they cant win. IS will understand that there is now somebody with a very big stick on the scene and the Americans will see that the age of American hegemony/imperialism is at an end.

There is no real downside for Russia either. Chechnya should serve as an example for any jihadis that might have any ideas. 

Kursk

Quote from: muppet on October 29, 2015, 07:19:44 PM
Cool.

Russia decides to 'shock and awe' them.

That always works as planned and will definitely fix everything.

It is different with Russia. They have no ideological motives in the sense that they will simply do what is in Russian interest. This freedom of action combined with modern military technology will prevent them getting bogged down ala Afganistan or like the Americans in Iraq (who made the mistake of boots on the ground/win hearts and mind bullshit  ...idiots ::)).

They don't have the moral baggage that Europeans and Americans have or, rather, they don't feel the need to lie about moral motives to justify their actions. Once  this clarity is in place then everybody will know which side to take. The cold war was a period of uncertainty but, if we are honest, it was better than what we have now.

I think, eventually, Russian, Chinese, European interests will align along a system loosely based on oligarchical capitalism which is light on human rights but strong on security. People will eventually go along with this as it their best choice among a limited pick.

Russia is not a threat to the west. Indeed, Russia (and China) are probably the best hope of preserving western ideals but the west must accept that these ideals must ONLY apply within western borders. 

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/insidestory/2015/02/russia-force-good-world-150211181821795.html

give her dixie

The human side to the escalation in Syria has been a massive influx of people crossing from Turkey into Greece,
especially the islands, with Lesbos the most popular.  Over the past week or 2 there has been a massive increase in
the number of people crossing, and last night was a pretty bad night. I came across this blog entry from someone who
was on the ground and describes what it was like on the shores as the coast guards rescued dozens from the sea

http://mariennapw.com/2015/10/29/entry-iii-the-sinking-of-the-nameless-recollections-of-a-volunteerjournalist/
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Rossfan

This "Kursk" seems a great bit of craic. Hang shoot flog blah blah.
He would have found a perfect home in Germany in the 1930s :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kursk

Quote from: give her dixie on October 29, 2015, 10:08:38 PM
The human side to the escalation in Syria has been a massive influx of people crossing from Turkey into Greece,
especially the islands, with Lesbos the most popular.  Over the past week or 2 there has been a massive increase in
the number of people crossing, and last night was a pretty bad night. I came across this blog entry from someone who
was on the ground and describes what it was like on the shores as the coast guards rescued dozens from the sea

http://mariennapw.com/2015/10/29/entry-iii-the-sinking-of-the-nameless-recollections-of-a-volunteerjournalist/

Yes. It is tragic. What gets me is the way European Nations pay lip service but don't do anything ! This paragraph is a case in point

"And as long as the EU refuses to grant these refugees safe legal passage, the smugglers will continue to exploit them. Ultimately, it is our governments with the power, resources and responsibility to act, who I hold responsible for what happened last night; and what is happening in so many nights in so many places across Europe now."

ffs, children are dying. Step up Europe. The total population of Europe is about 0.8 billion (??). For the sake of argument lets assume a billion. The total number of refugees (in turkey) is only 4 million so that is only one 1 refugee for every 250 people. It is a tiny percentage.

The way I see it, Europe is like a moral repository and has a duty to accept these people while those with less morals (US, Israel, Assad, IS etc) fight it out.

Kursk

Quote from: Rossfan on October 29, 2015, 10:29:33 PM
This "Kursk" seems a great bit of craic. Hang shoot flog blah blah.
He would have found a perfect home in Germany in the 1930s :D

On the contrary, I am sick of the usual narrative. I wish for peace for Sunni/Shia/Syrians/Palestinians etc and until somebody with a big stick
steps in and protects the rights of these people against the other major powers (e.g. US/Israeli imperialism) then nothing will be resolved in this region.

As for Europe, I make no apologies for wishing our secular, liberal societies continue to exist I simply acknowledge that we cannot impose our ideals on others. Is there something in particular that I have said that you disagree with ?

Kursk

I'll give you an example why I think you are very misguided about attributing "Nazi" motives to my advocating for Russian power

Imagine there are a group of fanatics who are throwing a man off a building for being gay. Imagine there are another group of
pragmatists trying to kill said fanatics who have no particular love for said gay man but are prepared to step in and stop this atrocity
from happening (in the course of achieving their selfish objectives).

Imagine there are another group of people, lets call them "idealists" who organize a protest march 2000 miles away to condemn the atrocity that is about to take place but wont condone their own military forces to stop it.

who is more morally correct in this situation ?

http://heavy.com/news/2015/08/new-isis-islamic-state-video-but-who-is-better-than-god-in-judgment-establishing-a-limit-upon-the-people-homs-syria-gay-homosexual-man-executed-executed-uncensored-full-youtube-video/

trileacman

Quote from: Kursk on October 29, 2015, 11:00:55 PM
I'll give you an example why I think you are very misguided about attributing "Nazi" motives to my advocating for Russian power

Imagine there are a group of fanatics who are throwing a man off a building for being gay. Imagine there are another group of
pragmatists trying to kill said fanatics who have no particular love for said gay man but are prepared to step in and stop this atrocity

Imagine there are another group of people, lets call them "idealists" who organize a protest march 2000 miles away to condemn the atrocity that is about to take place but wont condone their own military forces to stop it.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/08/new-isis-islamic-state-video-but-who-is-better-than-god-in-judgment-establishing-a-limit-upon-the-people-homs-syria-gay-homosexual-man-executed-executed-uncensored-full-youtube-video/

You're way too sensible and pragmatic for this forum, my advice is leave now with your hopes for rational debate intact.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Kursk

Quote from: trileacman on October 29, 2015, 11:03:42 PM
Quote from: Kursk on October 29, 2015, 11:00:55 PM

You're way too sensible and pragmatic for this forum, my advice is leave now with your hopes for rational debate intact.

The problem is twofold. On the one hand everybody is constrained by western political correctness (i.e. can't challenge the  US/Zionist narrative) along with hand wringing European don't-want-to-offend attitudes . On the other hand people have sisters, brothers who are gay, friends that are minorities and they see these absolute scumbags (IS) killing everybody that does not fit into their narrative and they long for someone to step in and annihilate the bastards.

Russia steps into this void. That is why the Russia/China axis will eventually win. Military/Political certainty aligned with economic power is an irresistible combination. The US is finished. Brute force will win hearts and minds in the face of an existential threat.

stew

Quote from: Kursk on October 29, 2015, 10:32:37 PM

Yes. It is tragic. What gets me is the way European Nations pay lip service but don't do anything ! This paragraph is a case in point

"And as long as the EU refuses to grant these refugees safe legal passage, the smugglers will continue to exploit them. Ultimately, it is our governments with the power, resources and responsibility to act, who I hold responsible for what happened last night; and what is happening in so many nights in so many places across Europe now."

ffs, children are dying. Step up Europe. The total population of Europe is about 0.8 billion (??). For the sake of argument lets assume a billion. The total number of refugees (in turkey) is only 4 million so that is only one 1 refugee for every 250 people. It is a tiny percentage.

The way I see it, Europe is like a moral repository and has a duty to accept these people while those with less morals (US, Israel, Assad, IS etc) fight it out.

Europe has stepped up, which is more than some Muslim countries did, Russia was very loathe to help these people and are helping prop up an animal, their puppet!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: Kursk on October 29, 2015, 10:32:37 PM

So you think the Russians and Europeans have superior morals than the yanks?

Germany has stepped up tremendously whilst some Muslim states wanted nothing to do with these people.

Morality is dead when politics encompasses a situation like this, Americans have given more aid over the past hundred than any other nation, the Russians do little in comparison and Putin is a despicable  KGB war criminal.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.