Beer....

Started by 5 Sams, November 21, 2008, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Diet Coke on August 21, 2009, 03:53:48 PM
Guinness for me is unbeatable and would be my favourite beer, I live 5 minutes drive from the best pint of guinness you could ever get in the states however in Armagh for me the best pint is in the Harps club, sensational pint there, honourable mention for the golf club.

As Pat Molloy would say CIO....correct in one. Harps is best stout I've drank anywhere for a long time.

It's even better when poured by several of this boards finest. :P

Pat Malloy. :D

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: na cleirigh on August 21, 2009, 02:13:11 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on August 21, 2009, 02:10:19 PM
Quote from: na cleirigh on August 21, 2009, 02:04:15 PM
I have tried beers in the past but I just cannot get a taste for any of them have tried:
Bud
Carlsberg
Coors
Harp

Have also tried ciders in magners etc but still nothing I like. Any other beers that anyone would reccommend.

You cannot get a taste for them because they dont taste of anything.

try any of the following and you'll understand....

Warsteiner
Erdinger
Peroni
Hooegarden
Budvar

in fact MOST German or Eastern European imports....

...and last but not least....have a go at this ye boy ye....

Looks far too thick for me... i'd wanta eat it with a spoon. Doesn't everyone on here hate pintsofguinness?

Better watch out you don't get reported for that!  ;)

Have took a real notion of Corona and Peroni this past while. Great beers. Dying for one now too!

Puckoon

Beer, yes please!!!!

I love how this thread comes up on Fridays.

The Iceman

Stew don't knock the buckfast until you have given it a chance.

I could drink most beers but the only beer i really really enjoy and would miss if i wasn't drinking is Bud.  Never draught - always bottle, ice cold from the fridge - hard to beat.

We used to have the creamiest pint of Tennents you ever tasted in the Plough the summer Sainsburys was being built in Armagh.  All day on the building site and then up for a swift pint after work.  Some summer.

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Armamike

In no particular order:

Tiger
Budvar
Tsingtao (or whatever the correct spelling is for this Chinese beauty)
Peroni
San Miguel
Starapromen.

Some of the English ales like Champion are tasty.   
That's just, like your opinion man.

Over the Bar

Pilsner Urquell or Staropramen

Wouldnt take anything else even if it was free.

Eastern_Pride

Had to say only started drinking Corona's a few months ba ck but, apart from Bulmers, thats all I drink at the moment.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Agnes Dipesto

I love Guinness and would drink it especially if I am in the South. I would normally drink Coors and am having myself a nice chilled one as we speak. I have never really liked the taste of spirits, always the beer for me.

Minder

Quote from: Agnes Dipesto on August 21, 2009, 11:15:52 PM
I love Guinness and would drink it especially if I am in the South. I would normally drink Coors and am having myself a nice chilled one as we speak. I have never really liked the taste of spirits, always the beer for me.

Same as me, I like the way it gets you rubbered though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

High Wide and Handsome

No particular order,

Guinness
Smithwicks
Tennents
Cobra
Becks
Carling

Def a no no,
Stelaa,
Bud
Miller
coors,
= PISH WATER!
"Swing er over!"

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Watcher Pat

There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

stiffler

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

muppet

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 21, 2009, 10:01:39 PM
Pilsner Urquell or Staropramen

Wouldnt take anything else even if it was free.

Did you ever try this stuff?

MWWSI 2017

rootthemout

Quote from: The Iceman on August 21, 2009, 08:39:50 PM
Stew don't knock the buckfast until you have given it a chance.

I could drink most beers but the only beer i really really enjoy and would miss if i wasn't drinking is Bud.  Never draught - always bottle, ice cold from the fridge - hard to beat.

We used to have the creamiest pint of Tennents you ever tasted in the Plough the summer Sainsburys was being built in Armagh.  All day on the building site and then up for a swift pint after work.  Some summer.
the plough now theres ablast from the past,always reckoned pints were better when kegs were under the taps,as in the plough,before the cold rooms came in,always found were the kegs were a distance away from bar beer hadnt a good head,had a few in the plough myself,only pub in armagh were bo was on at least three optics ;D