Beer....

Started by 5 Sams, November 21, 2008, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inisceithleann

My top three would be as follows;

1. Pints of Carling
2. Pints of Fosters (super chilled if available)
3. Pints of Caffreys

As regards bottles, usually take Corona or Peroni if i'm in a club.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

Tony Baloney

Pints
1. Guinness
2. If we're not including pints of Magners then I'm stuck on guinness.
3. As above

I can't stomach pints of yella beer apart from the good stuff in Prague or somewhere so...
Bottles
1. Bud (var or weiser)
2. Tiger
3. Erdinger

bredaghgael86

heres mine for what its worth;-
Draught
1.Harp (when i get home)
2.Guiness
3.Magners

Bottle
1. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (Anybody who knows anything about beer, you must try this, also beautiful on draught but ive onl seen it in england)
2. Red Stripe (also good in tins)
3.Budvar

In saying that i could put staropramen in either of these sections as it is a lovely beer.  Im beginning to go off harp, but its good in the parador. :D As is the guiness. But lads honestly, sierra nevada is good, you may be able to get it in tesco, has a green label.  If you dont like it ill pay for it, and no i dont work for them.  I could only dream.

milltown row

i'm not picky

i'll drink whatever's set up ;)  very rude to refuse

but if i were to plum for a pint

1st   pints of Harp
2nd  bottle of Becks
3rd   Carslberg (pints or bottles)

Hardy

1. Pint of Beamish
2. Pint of Guinness
3. Theakston's Old Peculiar (draft).

I don't drink lagers or pils, etc. I know I'm probably missing out on good Belgian, German, Czech etc. beers, but I'm also eliminating the chance of ever accidentally tasting Heineken or Bud or the like again, so it's worth it. Draft is the only really acceptable form of beer for me. If I can't get anything else I'll drink bottled stout or dark ales. Beer in a tin is an abomination. I don't understand the chemistry of it, but one can of any beer will give me a raging headache (or would when I was 20, the last time I ever did such an awful thing).

Maguire01

For pints:
Heineken
Guinness
Carlsberg

Have also started to get a taste for Kronenberg (bottles) and some of the Asian beers - Tiger / Tsingtao...
Was out for dinner last night and had Asahi - a Japanese beer - for the first time. Very nice and crisp.

ardal

1. pint of Guinness, not cold flow, and only in the 26.
2. leffe (is that spelt correctly)
3. Paulaner (only recently discovered, but only 2 a night)

Whiskey

1.Tullamore
2. Jameson

fitzroyalty

1. Buckfast
2. Buckfast
3. Buckfast

Tony Baloney

5 Sams forgot to mention that Armagh people were banned from voting as they only drink Buckfast from Geezer's discarded jock strap.

Puckoon

I'd like to blame 5sams for my raging hangover.

To the poster on the sierra nevada pale ale, I've a case in the garage if you want it.

cornerback

1. Guinness
2. Coors Light
3. Will try anything once & may even go through a phase for a month or two of drinking nothing but this choice but will always revert back to options 1 or 2

thewobbler

I'm not a beer snob, for I'd drink piss from a horse's c**k as long as enough yeast, hops or barley was in it. But some of the suggestions for best beers here are unbelievable. Offering a pint of Carling or a pint of Bud as an answer to to this question is no different to replying Ford Focus or Renault Megane when asked what car you would like to drive. There's nothing wrong with a Focus or a Megane, but when given all the choices in the market, it smacks of a lack of class and taste.

leenie

i find it amusing to see men drinking coors lite..... looks funny

or if they were drinking bulmers ligth too !
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thewobbler on November 22, 2008, 06:36:22 PM
I'm not a beer snob, for I'd drink piss from a horse's c**k as long as enough yeast, hops or barley was in it. But some of the suggestions for best beers here are unbelievable. Offering a pint of Carling or a pint of Bud as an answer to to this question is no different to replying Ford Focus or Renault Megane when asked what car you would like to drive. There's nothing wrong with a Focus or a Megane, but when given all the choices in the market, it smacks of a lack of class and taste.
Jesus beer isn't an aspirational product. If you like it you drink it, if you don't you won't. If everyone had the same tastes there would only be about 3 beers on the market. People have given their personal opinion on what beer they prefer not what they think are the 3 best beers in the world.
Citizen Kane is regularly named best film ever but it wouldn't make my top 50. Shoot me!

gerry

stout

stout

tennents

shorts

jameson

vod and bull
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,