Beer....

Started by 5 Sams, November 21, 2008, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on June 09, 2015, 04:52:13 PM
Hop House is a decent lager. Still a lager though.

It is about time we produced a decent lager in Ireland.
MWWSI 2017

deiseach

Quote from: muppet on June 09, 2015, 04:52:50 PM
Quote from: deiseach on June 09, 2015, 04:52:13 PM
Hop House is a decent lager. Still a lager though.

It is about time we produced a decent lager in Ireland.

True. I shouldn't scoff at what is an improvement on what went before.

Canalman

At a risk of a cybersavaging from beerluvvies I honestly think a cold bottle (not can) of Heineken is hard to beat.

Pint of Guinness still the tops though.

gawa316

Live beside a local micro brewery http://sequoiabrewing.com/

Some absolutely top beers. The Tamarack being my favorite which is an amber but they do all sorts from mexican lager to IPA's to stout. A pint is $4.50 ($3.50) in happy hour, which really is hard to beat especially as you'd be paying similar for a pint of pish like bud light in other local bars. They actually have bud light on tap but of anyone orders it they ring a bell to embarrass the feck out of them.

omaghjoe

Quote from: gawa316 on June 09, 2015, 05:57:28 PM

Some absolutely top beers. The Tamarack being my favorite which is an amber but they do all sorts from mexican lager to IPA's to stout. A pint is $4.50 ($3.50) in happy hour, which really is hard to beat especially as you'd be paying similar for a pint of pish like bud light in other local bars. They actually have bud light on tap but of anyone orders it they ring a bell to embarrass the feck out of them.

Ha nice touch.... Fresno eh? how'd u end up there? Getting hot yet?

gawa316

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 09, 2015, 06:19:17 PM

A women!

105 yesterday and the feckin lecky went off for an hour.  How do you know Fresno?

omaghjoe

Quote from: gawa316 on June 09, 2015, 06:26:13 PM

A women!

105 yesterday and the feckin lecky went off for an hour.  How do you know Fresno?

Jaysus

Well if you more than one it prob worth it ;)

Im in Socal so I been passed through and stopped off a few times. Socal is too hot for me, so I dunno how the feck you manage there

Puckoon

Don't go south of Shaw.

omaghjoe

gawa316

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 09, 2015, 06:53:44 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 09, 2015, 06:26:13 PM

A women!

Jaysus

Well if you more than one it prob worth it ;)

Im in Socal so I been passed through and stopped off a few times. Socal is too hot for me, so I dunno how the feck you manage there

Got a place with a pool and that helps big style. Don't know what we'd do otherwise as with 3 under 5 yrs.

gawa316

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 09, 2015, 07:28:36 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on June 09, 2015, 07:01:08 PM
Don't go south of Shaw.

Breaking Bad territory?

Some spots are hairy enough south of Shaw alright. Very rarely in that area though. Anyway back on topic, some great local brewery's around. Firestone is another fav in Paso Robles.

omaghjoe

Quote from: gawa316 on June 09, 2015, 07:46:42 PM
Don't go south of Shaw.

Breaking Bad territory?

Some spots are hairy enough south of Shaw alright. Very rarely in that area though. Anyway back on topic, some great local brewery's around. Firestone is another fav in Paso Robles.

Quite found of many of their brews esp thedry hopped ones but have never tried their IPA for obivious reasons

Laginitas is another good one, make a great IPA and not a stupid hop overloaded one like most of them out here

SV Pale Ale still tops the lot for me, already a classic fast becoming a legend and in good supply nearly everywhere in CA now so you can always fall back on it

gawa316

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 09, 2015, 08:21:22 PM
Don't go south of Shaw.

Breaking Bad territory?

Quite found of many of their brews esp thedry hopped ones but have never tried their IPA for obivious reasons

Laginitas is another good one, make a great IPA and not a stupid hop overloaded one like most of them out here

SV Pale Ale still tops the lot for me, already a classic fast becoming a legend and in good supply nearly everywhere in CA now so you can always fall back on it

Yeah I like both those IPA's you mentioned. I was just in Hawaii with work (life is a bitch) and loved the Kona Fire Rock IPA, maybe sitting at a bar in Waikiki looking out to the tropical seas made it taste even better

omaghjoe

Quote from: gawa316 on June 09, 2015, 08:30:02 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on June 09, 2015, 08:21:22 PM
Don't go south of Shaw.

Breaking Bad territory?

Yeah I like both those IPA's you mentioned. I was just in Hawaii with work (life is a bitch) and loved the Kona Fire Rock IPA, maybe sitting at a bar in Waikiki looking out to the tropical seas made it taste even better

Yeah but you have to live in Fresno so it is a bitch ;)

Don't like Kona now but I am sure it would taste good in Hawaii!

There so many great beers here your spoilt although I've been on the Belgain stuff lately for the change. The hops are completely different taste and aroma to American craft beer which tends to be citris piney hops, great for the change. Hard to beat a Duvel. Also dunno what is about American Belgian Style beers but they're all crappy, I think they try to give them a touch of sourness even the non sour types.

laoislad

The Crafty Brewing Company Irish Lager.
Bought these bad boys in Lidl on friday. Really nice.
Would recommend!
They also do stout and ale.
https://thetaste.ie/wp/lidls-new-irish-craft-beer-range/
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.