Beer....

Started by 5 Sams, November 21, 2008, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: The Iceman on August 11, 2011, 05:00:29 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 11, 2011, 04:47:24 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on August 11, 2011, 02:53:48 AM
Christ Smithwicks is pish. Even with a Guinness head in it. Even after a few.

we would call that a pint of special

I would argue that in the parts of May I have visited it is known as a pint of schpecial

:D that would depend on how many pints they had drank  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

laoislad

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 11, 2011, 04:47:24 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on August 11, 2011, 02:53:48 AM
Christ Smithwicks is pish. Even with a Guinness head in it. Even after a few.

we would call that a pint of special

It's called a pint of Derry where I'm from. Or half and half is a black and tan.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Mayo4Sam

Pint of special alright, fuckin hate drinkin with one of the lads outside mayo, always havin to explain what a pint of special is. Whats it called in other places?

Pint of special
Pint of Derry
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Never beat the deeler

Just sitting down with a bottle of Little Creatures after 18 13hr days in a row..... bliss!
Hasta la victoria siempre

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on August 12, 2011, 11:04:24 AM
Just sitting down with a bottle of Little Creatures after 18 13hr days in a row..... bliss!

Nice one deeler what part of the world are ya based
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 12, 2011, 11:54:53 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on August 12, 2011, 11:04:24 AM

Nice one deeler what part of the world are ya based

Perth, WA. How bout yourself?
Hasta la victoria siempre

5 Sams

Nice wee bargain in Lidl in the wee 6 at the minute. 4 bottles of Franziskainer for £4.....mmmmm
The Aristocrat Years

All of a Sludden

Are Aldi or Lidl in the north selling Hobgoblin, Speckled Hen or any other ales? Local off license is €3.50 a bottle, Aldi sometimes have them at €2, was hoping to pick them up cheaper in the north.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

thewobbler

Quote from: All of a Sludden on March 24, 2013, 09:09:00 PM
Are Aldi or Lidl in the north selling Hobgoblin, Speckled Hen or any other ales? Local off license is €3.50 a bottle, Aldi sometimes have them at €2, was hoping to pick them up cheaper in the north.
Your best bet is Sainsbury's or Tesco. Lidl do
Bishop's Finger, but I've never seen it on offer.

In the other two, there's almost always a 3 for a fiver deal, across the real ale range, while individual ales sometimes go as low as £1 a bottle.

Greene King Reserve IPA has moved to the top if my rankings. It is immense.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thewobbler on March 24, 2013, 09:28:59 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on March 24, 2013, 09:09:00 PM
Your best bet is Sainsbury's or Tesco. Lidl do
Bishop's Finger, but I've never seen it on offer.

In the other two, there's almost always a 3 for a fiver deal, across the real ale range, while individual ales sometimes go as low as £1 a bottle.

Greene King Reserve IPA has moved to the top if my rankings. It is immense.
Sainsburys were doing 3 for a 5er on some of these yesterday. Possibly on some your local Whitewater brews.

Hardy

Time to revive Cliff's beer theory from Cheers:

A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers, and that's why beer is so good for you.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Hardy on March 24, 2013, 09:59:11 PM

A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members

In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers, and that's why beer is so good for you.
;D Love the Buffalo Theory.

5 Sams

Magnificent. Anyone remember the episode where Norm got the job as a beer taster in the brewery?
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 24, 2013, 10:20:29 PM

Magnificent. Anyone remember the episode where Norm got the job as a beer taster in the brewery?
The King of Beers.

Main Street

I had a bottle of Bourbon County stout last week (then Cliff's theory appeared to be a fact).
It's brewed in Illinois, I don't know where else it's available, but it's a stunningly brilliant drink, without doubt the best stout i've had so far.
Warning,  it's strong with a buffalo kick for the reckless,  one 650 ml bottle was quite enough for me.

5% is for wimps