Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: gallsman on May 27, 2021, 10:41:05 AM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on May 27, 2021, 10:33:30 AM
Quote from: gallsman on May 27, 2021, 10:26:38 AM
Henderson has to be back in? Really?

I'm not convinced on him either you know. He's a bit too rash some times, and he seems to think he should be secured 1st team football very early for a keeper.

Get rid of the 4 of them. Donnaruma is now a free agent, better than both options Utd have.

All I can think of when people talk about Henderson is Salah's goal against him a few weeks ago. Basically invited him to pass the ball into the net. I get the distinct impression that the reason lots of United fans want Henderson (along with recency bias of de Gea not saving some world class penalties) is simply down to the fact he's not de Gea, rather than truly believing he's the answer.

Henderson has had plenty of opportunity this year and hasn't looked up to it in my opinion.

I was never sure Henderson was the answer. He had a good spell at Sheffield U and thought he deserved his chance. He should be given a full season, hopefully he'll come good, behind a settled back four.

This last 5/6 years, I hoped United would get Schmeichel, as he's the best around. He's 34 now, so the odds of United getting him are becoming less and less (although they did sign VDS around that age).

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on May 27, 2021, 11:30:27 AM

I was never sure Henderson was the answer. He had a good spell at Sheffield U and thought he deserved his chance. He should be given a full season, hopefully he'll come good, behind a settled back four.

This last 5/6 years, I hoped United would get Schmeichel, as he's the best around. He's 34 now, so the odds of United getting him are becoming less and less (although they did sign VDS around that age).

Schmeichel is 35 this year same age as when Utd signed VDS. Can't see it happening. Schmeichel is well settled at Leicester.

Henderson was a good Goalkeeper at SU. But the pressures at smaller clubs are less. There can also be a sort of freedom for a player being on loan at a club. You have to presume there was a correlation in SU's loss of form this season and Henderson returning to Utd.

Helix.

Quote from: gallsman on May 27, 2021, 06:43:35 AM
Quote from: Helix. on May 27, 2021, 12:12:21 AMI'm not convinced with Sancho. Wouldn't be half the hype if he wasn't English.

Don't think that's true at all, Sancho is outstanding. Bellingham is even better.

I agree with Bellingham point he's exceptional. I would happily be proved wrong with Sancho but time will tell.

Milltown Row2

It's not about the penalties, Utd had enough class and technical players to win the game in normal time, penal are a lottery, keepers get lucky when saving them.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2021, 11:12:49 PM
It's not about the penalties, Utd had enough class and technical players to win the game in normal time, penal are a lottery, keepers get lucky when saving them.

Exactly. Keepers aren't expected to save penalties and especially not score them. Although the one person you would expect to stick their boot behind the ball!? As I posted during the game taking Greenwood off and leaving Rashford on was massive error. Greenwood was constantly taking players on and getting around them. Rushford's performance was very Martial 'esque'. Tried and failed to get round a defender early on and failed that seemed to set the stall out. And yes UTd have the quality to win over 90mins. They just didn't. Very cagey performance from them and only themselves to blame. Emery still probably walking about slapping himself on the back. On a side note as a Utd fan I don't think Henderson is the answer to the goal keeping problems.

tiempo

Utd is a family club with a rich history. I know some so called Yanited fans will be delighted for the defeat on Weds ebening as it might hasten the demise of the family who buy the players and pay the wages. But that same family are expected to now sign cheques to reinforce Ole at d wheel. Time to get behind Avram Joel Malcom Sharon and the wider family for the great work they have done so far and continue to do quietly behind the scenes, truly great custodians. A record that speaks for itself, since the family took the club forward in 2005 everything that could be won has been won.

Boycey

Read this morning that Utd won the toss the other night and opted to take 2nd penalty, anyone know if true?

Shocking decision if true...

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Boycey on May 28, 2021, 01:35:46 PM
Read this morning that Utd won the toss the other night and opted to take 2nd penalty, anyone know if true?

Nearly sure Virgin 2 commentary said that at the time.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 28, 2021, 01:38:08 PM

Aye Fernandes won the toss and opted for second pen. Seems a strange decision.

trailer

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 28, 2021, 01:45:38 PM

60% chance you win if you go first... bad mistake.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: trailer on May 28, 2021, 01:49:11 PM

All ten outfield players scored. DeGea didn't even look confident taking his penalty. The mistake was allowing the match to be decided on a sudden death penalty shootout.

Boycey

No disputing what your saying CO but once you were at the penalties why would you then choose to go 2nd? Presumably a club decision, not a whim by Bruno?

trailer

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 28, 2021, 02:46:49 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 28, 2021, 01:49:11 PM

All ten outfield players scored. DeGea didn't even look confident taking his penalty. The mistake was allowing the match to be decided on a sudden death penalty shootout.

Very true. But you get my point.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Boycey on May 28, 2021, 03:07:20 PM
No disputing what your saying CO but once you were at the penalties why would you then choose to go 2nd? Presumably a club decision, not a whim by Bruno?
Someone online said that due to DeGea's poor record on penalty saves going second in a deciding pen would have had them relying on an outfield player scoring a goal to win, rather than relying on DeGea to save.

Boycey

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 28, 2021, 06:22:15 PM
Quote from: Boycey on May 28, 2021, 03:07:20 PM
Someone online said that due to DeGea's poor record on penalty saves going second in a deciding pen would have had them relying on an outfield player scoring a goal to win, rather than relying on DeGea to save.

Nah surely not....