Club boi

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 22, 2017, 10:15:14 PM
Quote from: Club boi on September 22, 2017, 04:04:13 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 21, 2017, 04:46:07 PM
Quote from: Club boi on September 20, 2017, 06:03:14 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 20, 2017, 01:53:14 PM
Quote from: Club boi on September 20, 2017, 09:32:40 AM
Il Bomber Destro - You slate Mc Carron -

"I thought defensively we were hugely exposed against Dublin - McNamee, McCrory and McCarron in particular. McCarron looks like his legs are gone"

An then you name him in your team!!!!!!!! Strange

Hardly strange when there's little better options. I also concluded that we need to be wiser in who we match him up against and signed it off with a horses for courses analogy. Try paying more attention next time around.

You wrote that much I got bored. But you did state Mc Carron should -

"marking bigger and more static men"

How many Countys now line out with big non mobile full forwards you want him to mark??

Well Dublin started one on the edge of the square last weekend. Donegal may decide to move Murphy back in there this year. Monaghan use Jack McCarron there, he picked up Aidan O'Shea inside last year - so to answer your question - quite a few.

Right so hang on, O'Gara yes I'll give you that 1 but was it his 1st start of the year?? Whats happens if he doesnt start?? Mc Carron benched??

Donegal "May decide" to move Murphy ha ha

Jack McCarron was badly found out when Cahmpionship came around. Didint touch leather after the league

And as for -

Fermanagh - Sean Quigley
Derry - Carlos McWilliams
Down - Connaire Harrison

Laughable. Any of our defenders could mark these 3rd grade footballers in Cahmpionship football

Your point is invalid and thin

You asked what counties play big static men on the edge of the square, I've given you a few examples there off the top of my head if you want more I can give you an endless list. In the past year I think you will find that the following will have played full forward for their counties:

Kerry - Donaghy
Monaghan - McCarron
Fermanagh - Sean Quigley
Armagh - Ethan Rafferty
Derry - Mark Lynch, Emmet McGuckin
Dublin - Eoghan O'Gara
Meath - Mickey Newman

Laois - Donie Kingston
Sligo - Pat Hughes
Cavan - Michael Argue
Cork - Peter Kelleher
Galway - Sean Armstrong
Dublin - Eoghan O'Gara
Mayo - Aidan O'Shea, Danny Kirby
Donegal - Hugh McFadden

So you are talking out of your hole, it matters not a jot if the player was found out or not, you claimed teams don't play big static men on the edge of the square - they do, ergo McCarron can still have a role to play despite it being obvious his legs are gone. I appreciate there might be too much logic there for you to comprehend though.

Apart from the 2 x O'Gara's from Dublin, and possibly Donaghy, how many others of that list will be challenging for honours in Croke Park??

And don't say O'Shea, never seen him in full Forward once this year, in fact he played more in full back

Carmen Stateside

Big static men -  Sean Armstrong   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Club boi on September 23, 2017, 10:10:36 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 22, 2017, 10:15:14 PM
Quote from: Club boi on September 22, 2017, 04:04:13 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 21, 2017, 04:46:07 PM
Quote from: Club boi on September 20, 2017, 06:03:14 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 20, 2017, 01:53:14 PM
Quote from: Club boi on September 20, 2017, 09:32:40 AM
Il Bomber Destro - You slate Mc Carron -

"I thought defensively we were hugely exposed against Dublin - McNamee, McCrory and McCarron in particular. McCarron looks like his legs are gone"

An then you name him in your team!!!!!!!! Strange

Hardly strange when there's little better options. I also concluded that we need to be wiser in who we match him up against and signed it off with a horses for courses analogy. Try paying more attention next time around.

You wrote that much I got bored. But you did state Mc Carron should -

"marking bigger and more static men"

How many Countys now line out with big non mobile full forwards you want him to mark??

Well Dublin started one on the edge of the square last weekend. Donegal may decide to move Murphy back in there this year. Monaghan use Jack McCarron there, he picked up Aidan O'Shea inside last year - so to answer your question - quite a few.

Right so hang on, O'Gara yes I'll give you that 1 but was it his 1st start of the year?? Whats happens if he doesnt start?? Mc Carron benched??

Donegal "May decide" to move Murphy ha ha

Jack McCarron was badly found out when Cahmpionship came around. Didint touch leather after the league

And as for -

Fermanagh - Sean Quigley
Derry - Carlos McWilliams
Down - Connaire Harrison

Laughable. Any of our defenders could mark these 3rd grade footballers in Cahmpionship football

Your point is invalid and thin

You asked what counties play big static men on the edge of the square, I've given you a few examples there off the top of my head if you want more I can give you an endless list. In the past year I think you will find that the following will have played full forward for their counties:

Kerry - Donaghy
Monaghan - McCarron
Fermanagh - Sean Quigley
Armagh - Ethan Rafferty
Derry - Mark Lynch, Emmet McGuckin
Dublin - Eoghan O'Gara
Meath - Mickey Newman

Laois - Donie Kingston
Sligo - Pat Hughes
Cavan - Michael Argue
Cork - Peter Kelleher
Galway - Sean Armstrong
Dublin - Eoghan O'Gara
Mayo - Aidan O'Shea, Danny Kirby
Donegal - Hugh McFadden

So you are talking out of your hole, it matters not a jot if the player was found out or not, you claimed teams don't play big static men on the edge of the square - they do, ergo McCarron can still have a role to play despite it being obvious his legs are gone. I appreciate there might be too much logic there for you to comprehend though.

Apart from the 2 x O'Gara's from Dublin, and possibly Donaghy, how many others of that list will be challenging for honours in Croke Park??

And don't say O'Shea, never seen him in full Forward once this year, in fact he played more in full back

How many counties will be challenging for honours at Croke Park?

At the moment? 3, 4 at a push.

Out of those counties how many played a big static player at full forward during the year? 2.

If this is the case you're making, it's not one bit convincing.

lenny

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 23, 2017, 10:11:57 AM

Exactly, lol, but sure bomber is an expert and the rest of us are all stupid. Has he evr seen some of these boys playing?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: lenny on September 23, 2017, 05:03:10 PM

Exactly, lol, but sure bomber is an expert and the rest of us are all stupid. Has he evr seen some of these boys playing?

You certainly seem to be somewhat dim either as you keep coming onto another's county's forum.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 23, 2017, 08:55:53 PM
Quote from: lenny on September 23, 2017, 05:03:10 PM

You certainly seem to be somewhat dim either as you keep coming onto another's county's forum.

Lenny is obsessed with all things Tyrone. I think I can safely say, that I have never and will never even open a Derry county team thread never mind post on it. I find it odd that people like Lenny so regularly read and post on this thread. Each to their own I suppose.
That was never a square ball!!

Degrassi Hi

I don't know if this lad has been mentioned on this thread or not but young McKernan from Coalisland would be streets ahead of Aidan McRory on his performance alone last night. Although Lee Brennan weighed in with some fine scores the young 'island defender made life very difficult for him. Hope to see both on the county starting line up next year

Beantown

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on September 26, 2017, 07:43:30 AM
I don't know if this lad has been mentioned on this thread or not but young McKernan from Coalisland would be streets ahead of Aidan McRory on his performance alone last night. Although Lee Brennan weighed in with some fine scores the young 'island defender made life very difficult for him. Hope to see both on the county starting line up next year

McKernan marked him very well in drawn game too

ose 14

if mccarron mccrory and mcnamee were any good tyrone wouldnt need two sweepers. mark bradley would have support and tyrone might have a midfield to compete. logic? dont need too many bullet points for that. note to mickey taker and mr ed play 3 forwards didnt do mayo any harm. what tyrone need is fast hard defenders who can man mark on their own and 3 half backs who can actually tackle.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: ose 14 on September 27, 2017, 11:05:09 PM
what tyrone need is fast hard defenders who can man mark on their own and 3 half backs who can actually tackle.

Who are these three fast hard defenders?

vallankumous

if mccarron mccrory and mcnamee were any good tyrone wouldnt need two sweepers. mark bradley would have support and tyrone might have a midfield to compete. logic? dont need too many bullet points for that. note to mickey taker and mr ed play 3 forwards didnt do mayo any harm. what tyrone need is fast hard defenders who can man mark on their own and 3 half backs who can actually tackle.

Mayo haven't won anything in years.

LeoMc

Would McKernan and McLaughlin be physically strong enough to take on Brogan, Kilkenny, McManamon, Flynn or Connolly?
It is one thing being able to hold a small man like Brennan or Bradley to a couple of scores but there are not too many small InterCounty forwards out there apart from our own.

vallankumous

Quote from: LeoMc on September 28, 2017, 09:24:08 AM
Would McKernan and McLaughlin be physically strong enough to take on Brogan, Kilkenny, McManamon, Flynn or Connolly?
It is one thing being able to hold a small man like Brennan or Bradley to a couple of scores but there are not too many small InterCounty forwards out there apart from our own.

And the one who's about to become footballer of the year.

southtyronegael

We have a good enough mix size wise of defenders. I think its more to do with gettin away from zonal marking and give each player responsibly to mark his man and extra coaching In how to tackle cleanly and aggressively like the Dublin and mayo players.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: vallankumous on September 28, 2017, 08:01:26 AM

Mayo haven't won anything in years.

No, maybe not, but they've come a hell of a lot closer than we have to the top prize in the last 10 years (almost) -- Darragh Ó Sé hasn't named Mayo as the 2nd best team in Ireland of the last 30 years for no reason (Kerry or ourselves notwithstanding).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...