Las Vegas Shooting

Started by TabClear, October 02, 2017, 07:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: J70 on October 03, 2017, 02:27:15 PM
Quote from: stew on October 03, 2017, 12:35:33 PM
Clinton has come out and demanded the silencer bill be defeated! I did not know the NRA in congress were trying to get this bill passed, I hope they get it shoved up their collective arses, she is 100% right but as usual she has a clear ulterior motive, nevertheless, well done for highlighting the fact arseholes think it a good idea to be able to subdue rapid gunfire.

They are saying this is the largest loss of American life in American history, tell that to the people who got slaughtered at wounded knee!

Finally, a CNN bigshot posted that she wasnt upset that so many lost their lives because the crowd were mostly repugs and Republicans so who the F**K cares basically, they quite rightly fired her stupid ass.

You just can't help yourself! 😄

What's Clinton's "clear ulterior motive"?

I think they're talking about the largest, civilian mass shooting.

Wounded Knee was US Army on official duty. Utterly shameful, but they were carrying out government policy, reprehensible as it was.

Clinton wanted to score political points at a time when that was the last thing people needed to hear, it only helped solidify the fact that she will lower herself to any extent as long as she remains relevant, is
that clear enough for you?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

whitey

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 05, 2017, 11:51:52 AM
Quote from: whitey on October 05, 2017, 11:50:15 AM
Quote from: easytiger95 on October 05, 2017, 06:37:51 AM
As apparently I have to do in Dublin, according to you. But as I said again and again, it's not about numbers, it's about how and why you used them, and why you chose to inject race into this discussion. Something you did and still refuse to answer for.
My country, right or wrong, eh whitey?

Stats prove that a large percentage of murders occur in very specific areas. Low or no murders occur in many other parts of the country

Stats prove that many of those killed have rap sheets as long as your arm...ie violent career criminals....just like your buddies the Hutchs and the Kinahans

So im sure the murder and gun death stats for law abiding people who live ourside of high crime areas is significantly lower than some of the nonsense being posted on here

The people in those areas don't matter. Whether you realise it or not, that's what you are saying.

No...statistics tend be mainpulated by people who have an agenda.  I am pointing out that National crime and gun statistics dont paint a complete picture.

It started off with me responding to someone implying that the average American was armed to the teeth......In my state Massachusetts 85% of people dont even own a gun, so the average for the entire country is absolutely meaningless for the 6.8 million people who live here.

blewuporstuffed

I can kind of understand what Whitey is trying to say here (i think)
Its like saying Ireland has a problem with gang violence and giving the statistics for gangland killings.
When in truth, Dublin has a problem with gang violence , those statistics have little bearing on the lives of someone who lives in rural monaghan for example.

That said, that doesn't mean we should do anything about reducing gang violence in dublin.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

magpie seanie

Quote from: whitey on October 05, 2017, 12:00:42 PM
As apparently I have to do in Dublin, according to you. But as I said again and again, it's not about numbers, it's about how and why you used them, and why you chose to inject race into this discussion. Something you did and still refuse to answer for.

Stats prove that a large percentage of murders occur in very specific areas. Low or no murders occur in many other parts of the country

Stats prove that many of those killed have rap sheets as long as your arm...ie violent career criminals....just like your buddies the Hutchs and the Kinahans

So im sure the murder and gun death stats for law abiding people who live ourside of high crime areas is significantly lower than some of the nonsense being posted on here

The people in those areas don't matter. Whether you realise it or not, that's what you are saying.

No...statistics tend be mainpulated by people who have an agenda.  I am pointing out that National crime and gun statistics dont paint a complete picture.

It started off with me responding to someone implying that the average American was armed to the teeth......In my state Massachusetts 85% of people dont even own a gun, so the average for the entire country is absolutely meaningless for the 6.8 million people who live here.

On that we can agree.

screenexile

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 05, 2017, 12:11:55 PM
Its like saying Ireland has a problem with gang violence and giving the statistics for gangland killings.
When in truth, Dublin has a problem with gang violence , those statistics have little bearing on the lives of someone who lives in rural monaghan for example.

That said, that doesn't mean we should do anything about reducing gang violence in dublin.

Yeah and it's not like the Irish Government are making it easier for them by letting the gang members buy guns and ammo in the local Superquinn!!

seafoid

People with mental illness on Ireland do not have access to semi automatic weapons. You can go to a concert in Ireland knowing you will not be mowed down. Whitey's argument ignores this.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

https://www.ft.com/content/f81c6202-a8bd-11e7-ab55-27219df83c97

"As well as some long-range sights attached to rifles, he had fitted 12 of his firearms with "bump fire stocks", ATF investigators said — attachments that simulate the rapid bursts of a fully automatic rifle. Bump stocks are relatively cheap, costing around $100, and are legal under Nevada law. "

Why are bump stocks legal? Why would anyone need one ?

J70

Quote from: seafoid on October 05, 2017, 12:42:13 PM

"As well as some long-range sights attached to rifles, he had fitted 12 of his firearms with "bump fire stocks", ATF investigators said — attachments that simulate the rapid bursts of a fully automatic rifle. Bump stocks are relatively cheap, costing around $100, and are legal under Nevada law. "

Automatic weapons are, for the most part, banned, yet you can legally buy a device which turns your semiauto into an automatic.

But...but... constitution... second amendment... government tyranny... good guy with gun... only the criminals will have bumpstocks...

magpie seanie

Quote from: J70 on October 05, 2017, 01:03:08 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 05, 2017, 12:42:13 PM

Automatic weapons are, for the most part, banned, yet you can legally buy a device which turns your semiauto into an automatic.

But...but... constitution... second amendment... government tyranny... good guy with gun... only the criminals will have bumpstocks...

And....is there anything to be said for another prayer....

seafoid

Guns are tied up with GOP power. It doesn't matter about MA where Whitey lives. The issue is in red states where the NRA organises. It is tied up with Fox and GOP radio. Guns have been a rallying cry for the people who betray voters for over 40 years. They get people excited about rights while they pauperise them in real life.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/dec/16/americans-gun-control-newtown-editorial

"Vested interests have managed to dilute relatively sensible gun control laws dating from the middle of the 20th century and to put in their place a deeply dubious claim that the US constitution confers a right of individual gun ownership. This claim has now been upheld twice by the conservative majority in the US supreme court. The net effect has been to create a generation of legislative pessimists. Today's US politicians see no prospect of getting even quite moderate and sensible laws like a new assault weapon ban through Congress. They fear the money and campaign power of a gun lobby which said at the weekend that the Newtown massacre could have been avoided if teachers had been armed and able to shoot back in the classroom.
America's tragedy is that this lockdown on serious debate actually coincides with a decline in the proportion of Americans with guns. Only one in five Americans has a gun, yet on guns the minority overrules the majority. If Mr Obama can change the culture after Newtown he will have done something very important. But don't hold your breath. Mad men with guns will always be a danger, whatever the gun laws. But modern America still seems to lack the will to make even modest regulatory changes, let alone to confront a real and growing danger to the health and survival of significant numbers of its young people."

vallankumous

When the Martians or the Zombies arrive the US will be the safest place on the planet.

whitey

The biggest problem in my view is that there's such disparities in gun laws from state to state.

IL has some of the strictest gun laws, but go 10 minutes outside Chicago and you're in Indiana which has some of the loosest laws....I read that you can buy a gun at a yard sale in Texas, no I'd....no background check

The crazy thing is that in spite of all the guns the murder rate is actually close to half what it was twenty years ago

BTW....did anyone see this video.  I thought it was a joke, but it's real

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5H3JibnlNEc

Eamonnca1

In my state Massachusetts 85% of people dont even own a gun,

Did you hear what you just said there? That means 15% of people own a gun. You don't think that's a bit of a high number? When you lived in Ireland how many people did you know who owned a gun? Was it as high as 1%?

tyssam5

Quote from: screenexile on October 05, 2017, 12:14:22 PM

Yeah and it's not like the Irish Government are making it easier for them by letting the gang members buy guns and ammo in the local Superquinn!!

The gangsters are starting early...

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/30/toddler-shootings-guns/

tyssam5

Inner city gang violence, drugs etc, career criminals.... compared to other wealthy countries take all that out and there's still a major problem so not sure why you are trying to deflect the conversation so much.

https://everytownresearch.org/documents/2017/07/gun-laws-violence-women-infographic.pdf