Ger Canning or Darragh Maloney??

Started by Quarterback, September 03, 2008, 04:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

By law, every time Marty Morrissey is mentioned, I have to post this picture. Sorry. (Did you see him at the Olympics doing the Beach volleyball 'feature'? Surreal).

muppet

Quote from: Minder on September 05, 2008, 09:47:15 AM
The thing that sickens me is (and Maloney does not seem as guilty) is the use of nicknames, particularly "The Gooch" "Star" "The Rock" etc etc..........That isnt their name. Marty The Martian is particularly bad for this.

Even more annoying is the use of their name and their knickname at the same time.

Tomorrow listen for Canning naming 'James Cha Fitzpatrick'. It is either James Fitzpatrick or Cha Fitzpatrick, only commentators call him James Cha Fitzpartick.
MWWSI 2017

joemamas

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 05, 2008, 09:59:46 AM
By law, every time Marty Morrissey is mentioned, I have to post this picture. Sorry. (Did you see him at the Olympics doing the Beach volleyball 'feature'? Surreal).

loved your story about his MC at the boxing years back.

is the beach vollyball bit on youtube or rte.

For whats its worth, Canning and Morrissey are both terrible. Canning is the more annoying of the two, as he is usually more incorrect re players scores. the way he change his tone makes me want to puke, for a good laugh listen to his reaction when Donnacha O Connor got sent off in drawn game.

Marty is well just Marty.

Moloney better by a mile. nobody in RTE seems to give a fcuk. Time for the GAA to get their own network, then they could dictate schedule of games to boost ratings.

I have to say I enjoyed tv3 commentary and analysis (david brady aside , he made me cringe everytime he spoke)

Carmen Stateside

:D :D would love to see the beach volleyball bit!

Frank Casey

Do ye think Marty is more like Cousin Podge or Rodge?
KERRY 3:7

muppet

If there is one thing worse than watching Kilkenny it is listening to Canning commentating on it.

And his first sentence had 'James Cha Fitzpatrick'. He doesn't even notice Duignan calls him 'Cha Fitzpatrick'.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

"Worse that watching Kilkenny?" I think they're absolutely magnificent to watch. How can you not enjoy watching the very best at their very best?

Agreed on Canning, of course.

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on September 07, 2008, 04:16:31 PM
"Worse that watching Kilkenny?" I think they're absolutely magnificent to watch. How can you not enjoy watching the very best at their very best?

Agreed on Canning, of course.

I just them.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

I just them too!

Seriously, though, I think it's great sport, even though so one-sided. For me it's like watching Ali, Lester or Arkle. I'd use the word awesome, except I wouldn't use that word!

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on September 07, 2008, 04:24:17 PM
I just them too!

Seriously, though, I think it's great sport, even though so one-sided. For me it's like watching Ali, Lester or Arkle. I'd use the word awesome, except I wouldn't use that word!

I wouldn't use awesome either, hate was the missing word in the other post.
MWWSI 2017

Aaron Boone

Any confirmation yet who has Sunday's big gig?

saffron sam2

Canning should never have been given another gig after crediting Kerry's second goal in the 1986 final to Mikey Spillane.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

joemamas

Quote from: saffron sam2 on September 18, 2008, 10:03:49 AM
Canning should never have been given another gig after crediting Kerry's second goal in the 1986 final to Mikey Spillane.

Priceless, as they say in America, he must have a photo of someone somewhere.

guy crouchback

does anyone else think that Micheal o Muircheartaigh has lost it. it could be that he is  getting old but the amount of mistakes he is making recently is unreal. he regularly gets the score wrong and has taken to rambling on with stories while play is going on. he used to this only in breaks in play.

cavanmaniac

Maloney or Canning? Well it's hardly a poser of daddy or chips proportions, is it?

Just imagine how much less of an impact Mugsy's goal v Dublin would have had a few years back if it had been Ger 'funeral cortege' Canning or Marty 'Deise-Banner-Treaty-Breffni-Rebel county' Morrissey at the mic.

No contest.