Limerick v Mayo, Gaelic Grounds. 9/6/18.

Started by Mayo4Sam14, June 06, 2018, 02:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 11, 2018, 04:54:42 PM
Need to be careful when saying "only 26" when referring to C O Connor. He's playing non stop for the seniors since he was teen in a lot of high intensity and hard hitting games along the way he picked up a lot of injuries I don't expect him to play as long for Mayo as say Andy Moran has who was a late bloomer as scoring forward.

It's not like age can make him much slower and his job will allow him to do this for as long as he wants so I wouldn't be so sure.

sans pessimism

"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

larryin89

Need to be careful when saying "only 26" when referring to C O Connor. He's playing non stop for the seniors since he was teen in a lot of high intensity and hard hitting games along the way he picked up a lot of injuries I don't expect him to play as long for Mayo as say Andy Moran has who was a late bloomer as scoring forward.

See your point but he's never been as fit as he is now
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: sans pessimism on June 11, 2018, 05:14:07 PM
Rot from the inside out ya gobshite

Seriously? That is your response to what was said? I don't think you realise how horrendous this post is.

sans pessimism

Quote from: Syferus on June 11, 2018, 05:06:36 PM

It's not like age can make him much slower and his job will allow him to do this for as long as he wants so I wouldn't be so sure.
14,662 posts that smell like a bucket of week old fish heads
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Syferus

Quote from: sans pessimism on June 11, 2018, 05:26:31 PM

These responses are genuinely pathetic. What's the point of being on a discussion board if this is the way you choose to articulate yourself?

Walking around so deeply angered by a simple opinion (that many agree with, no less) that you think you're entitled to post this sort of nonsense? If you want an echo chamber stick to Willie Joe's blog.

whitey

How fast is Andy Moran.....his pace (or lack of) didn't stop him from winning player of the year last year. You honestly know fvck all about football

sans pessimism

Quote from: Syferus on June 11, 2018, 05:32:24 PM
Quote from: sans pessimism on June 11, 2018, 05:26:31 PM

These responses are genuinely pathetic. What's the point of being on a discussion board if this is the way you choose to articulate yourself?

Walking around so deeply angered by a simple opinion (that many agree with, no less) that you think you're entitled to post this sort of nonsense? If you want an echo chamber stick to Willie Joe's blog.
Nonsense and simple in the one post...sums you up petfectly.Now unlike yourself I have a life away from the keyboard,but feel free to tap all night
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: larryin89 on June 11, 2018, 04:40:59 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 11, 2018, 10:48:07 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on June 11, 2018, 06:52:47 AM
Quote from: Syferus on June 11, 2018, 03:27:13 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on June 10, 2018, 10:13:25 AM
Can't help get the feeling when people from outside of Mayo speak of Cillian they always like to put a negative spin on it . He's a class act who would make it on any team in the country despite what others say about his contribution from play blah blah. He's ruthless, plays on the edge admittedly , wins his ball , he's strong , he chases back , he's not shy and he's only 26. A fantastic addition to this team who are not the same without him. He will smash the fook out of coopers record

Hes a good free-taker who is slow and very dirty.

Describes him perfectly in one line without the fluff and tears-in-the-eyes stuff.

If you weren't spouting shite on a daily basis, your attempts to be controversial and provocative would have more impact.

He's not wrong though

How do you make that out  ?
Mayo top scorer of all time and only 26 . Former ypoty and all star.  Oh what's the point im thinking whilst typing , whats the sense in it, if ya think Cillian is as syferus describes above you're not worth my time.

Volatile temper, bit of a sly c***, lacks pace, doesn't exactly set the world alight from play most of the time. Although his frees were a bit better yesterday but haven't been as good for the last while.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

larryin89

And you're a Mayo person .....I doubt it somehow
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

MayoBuck

I don't understand the criticism Cillian gets. Even within the county I know a few people who think Alan Freeman is a better forward than him. So what if he's not that fast? Are Andy Moran/Gooch/Geaney/McManus that quick?

People seem to latch on to any poor game he has and hold it over him forever. McManus was scoreless from play against Fermanagh but nobody questions him. Likewise Gooch was poor against Dublin in 15 and 16. Cillian scored 3 from play in the final last year, yet the begrudgers will say he missed a free at the end so it doesn't matter. Andy and Jason Doherty didn't score in the 2nd half of that game but nobody questions their performances.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: larryin89 on June 11, 2018, 09:34:48 PM

So does that mean I can't call it as it is? I've had a ST and been to every game for years, can't stand him

spuds

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 11, 2018, 10:14:22 PM

So does that mean I can't call it as it is? I've had a ST and been to every game for years, can't stand him
An STD like Syferus?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: MayoBuck on June 11, 2018, 09:48:50 PM
I don't understand the criticism Cillian gets. Even within county I know a few people who think Alan Freeman is a better forward than him. So what if he's not that fast? Are Andy Moran/Gooch/Geaney/McManus that quick?

People seem to latch on to any poor game he has and hold it over him forever. McManus was scoreless from play against Monaghan but nobody questions him. Likewise Gooch was poor against Dublin in 15 and 16. Cillian scored 3 from play in the final last year, yet the begrudgers will say he missed a free at the end so it doesn't matter. Andy and Jason Doherty didn't score in the 2nd half of that game but nobody questions their performances.

Andy Moran is 34 years of age and Jason Doherty is great player for work rate etc isn't exactly a top class kicker. Dean Rock would've kicked it. Dean Rock is a marquee forward.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: spuds on June 11, 2018, 10:18:37 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 11, 2018, 10:14:22 PM

An STD like Syferus?

I think it's actually pronounced Syfelus