The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpower

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 18, 2008, 10:56:13 PM
QuoteI think Tommy Lyons is used to make all the other pundits look good.

He really is the most annoying and useless pundit possible.

Ah Tommy is not that bad .he has the experience of been involved at the top end and brings some realism to the debates

Aaron Boone

Spillane's the best pundit they have. He doesn't make too many mistakes presenting any more but he's still a better pundit. Lyons is ok for me too.

INDIANA

quite like the new format, lyons is a pretty good analyst most of the time. i think some of you are so out of date you'd prefer if they wore slippers and sat around in rocking chairs while mrs doyle from Father Ted brewed the tea

Jinxy

Lyons constantly moves his feet like a restless child.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Doire abú

Noticed that  as well. Have to agree with the consensus that he knows **** all as well.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Doire abú on May 18, 2008, 11:10:37 PM
Noticed that  as well. Have to agree with the consensus that he knows **** all as well.
Very harsh lads, the man has 2 Leinsters and an All Ireland club under his belt, All Ireland U21 too??  Maybe just not good at expressing himself?

Jinxy

If he stopped thinking about his feet for a second maybe he could provide some semi-coherent analysis!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

joemamas

Lyons is a real p***k and is beyond annoying.  Knows Fu*k all about football, constantly stating the obvious. while his achievments were listed, his failures were a whole lot more

Mike Sheehy

Quotewhile his achievments were listed, his failures were a whole lot more

Even the most sucessful have had more failures over their career than sucesses. Thats the nature of sport.

orangeman

Quote from: joemamas on May 19, 2008, 12:38:51 AM
Lyons is a real p***k and is beyond annoying.  Knows Fu*k all about football, constantly stating the obvious. while his achievments were listed, his failures were a whole lot more

Is this pick on Lyons day ? Ok - he does annoy me as well !  ;) :D

Minder

Quote from: Bogball XV on May 18, 2008, 11:18:58 PM
Quote from: Doire abú on May 18, 2008, 11:10:37 PM
Very harsh lads, the man has 2 Leinsters and an All Ireland club under his belt, All Ireland U21 too??  Maybe just not good at expressing himself?

He shouldnt be an analyst on national TV then......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

I think, despite leading Offaly and Dublin to Leinster titles, and Crokes to an AIC title, Tommy Lyons' greatest contribution to modern society is introducing 'Arse Boxing' to the vernacular.

goldenyears

watched the sunday game for the first time in the new season last night and thought it was awful

the studio decor, the new gadgets, the camera panning as people spoke and the over head shots..!

did anyone notice the camera moving around reflected in the screen behind tohill's head? jaysus it was cringe worthy stuff

do any of these rte/bbc fellas watch sky sports at all to show how it should be done??

Maroon Heaven

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 18, 2008, 10:59:00 PM
They've stopped the graphics moving behind Spillane's head = good.
They still insist on the shots from above = still hilarious.

Good to see Graphics are away. Over head is just too much.

I'd like to see Spillane turn around and talk to Tohill when he is doing his bit. Looked too wooden still. Would bring Tohill in more and is sitting there looking like a young lad on Communion waiting for his picture to be taken.

ziggysego

Spillane was being a wee bollocks. Saying that Tohill still has a lot to learn about analysing, but he's getting there.
Testing Accessibility