The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

I think it is a shame that the GAA have given the rights to TV3 for the minor final.  TV3 cannot be picked up on Sattelite TV in the North, and most people in the north cannot get it on analogue either.  When analogue is done away with next month then absolutely nobody in the North will get TV3.  Will they still be given matches?

Syferus

Of course they will. Use their website if you want to catch the minor match.

armaghniac

QuoteWhen analogue is done away with next month then absolutely nobody in the North will get TV3.

Not quite true. Those who are getting analogue at present are getting it from masts in the 26 counties and will still get TV3 on digital, indeed more will get it.

But there still remains a broader issue here.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

joemamas

Quote from: mackers on September 18, 2012, 11:10:25 AM
I switched it off when Davis said that "Mayo would have to play well to beat Donegal"...................Christ on a bike, brutal stuff.

I posted this a week or so ago.

Davis is an utter and complete clown, the most unprepared analyst I have ever seen. Did any of you see his patethic ramble last week, Whealan and Mchugh just stayed quite and let him dig himself a bigger hole to climb out of, comical to Say the least. Again, as they say, "he must have pictures on somebody", otherwise maybe he pays RTE to be on the show, hair and makeup included.

Mcstay is by far the best analyst, could smile now and again, as he does come across as a bit dour.

Did not see latest nonsense on Sunday game. Will not bother to view it. I cannot understand the sports powers to be at RTE, do they have any clue as to what the public think of the show.

ExiledGael

I don't like complaining about GAA coverage because but the preview was an embarrassment. Could have been put together by someone who has never even watched a game - "keeper's kick outs are good, defenders are tight, midfield is going well and forwards are getting scores, Mayo will have to play well to win". What on earth is the point?
It wouldn't be so bad except these are two of the most fascinating teams in the country in terms of preparation and tactics, especially given where they were in the recent past. Would it really be that hard to grab a little before and after footage, show what both managers have implemented since their arrival, how their gameplan works and what that could lead to on Sunday?
You'd get more insight from an alco down the local, inane rambling, especially Davis.

ONeill

You'd get more insight from an alco down the local, especially Davis.

Jaysus I didn't know Davis was a wino. Fair play to him.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ExiledGael

That would, at least, explain things

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 04, 2012, 11:46:59 PM
Whatever happened to Tohill on TSG

He was sacked for not meeting his quota of idiotic cliches, refusing to be controversial for the sake of it, knowing what he was talking about and for having an IQ.

Bud Wiser

Did anyone notice the commentary with a minute to go in the chicks with sticks all ireland final.  Red faces all round but managed to cloud it out in the replay.  " another great score from Cork, that's two scores now  (or something like that) and when the teams go in at half time it will be the Cork team that have the bit between their teeth" except he got teeth confused with legs.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Minder

Is there no chairs that swivel in Sligo? O'Hara was having great craic with it last night. He seemed a bit nervous but did ok.

The "coverage" of the Leinster hurling games and the Weatmeath v Carlow game was pitiful, but to be expected.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Jinxy

Brolly could shut up every now and again.
You can hear him yapping away to himself like a child when the other panellists are talking.
Very patronising towards Whelo as well.
"That's actually a really good point Ciaran!"
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ck

Quote from: Jinxy on May 20, 2013, 06:00:02 PM
Brolly could shut up every now and again.
You can hear him yapping away to himself like a child when the other panellists are talking.
Very patronising towards Whelo as well.
"That's actually a really good point Ciaran!"

Agree. His agreeing with Whelan was almost stating that the point had met Joes approval which should be seen as a tremendous achievement.
Personally I was disappointed for O'Hara. I find his voice hard to hear, but more importantly his points were pretty bland. I've heard him before and he's usually more opinionated.  Joe disagreed with him at one stage and he backed down straight away. Less of that Eamon son, fight back like yo did on the pitch for 20 years

Syferus

Sure he's only a rookie. Is there any video of Broly in his first TSG season knocking about? It'd make interesting viewing.

ranch

Brolly is the best pundit on TSG by far, at least he gives opinions.
Whelan also makes some good points. Canavan was good whilst on TV3.

Spillane has gone to f*ck over the years, just spouts cr*p.

muppet

Quote from: ranch on May 20, 2013, 07:36:23 PM
Brolly is the best pundit on TSG by far, at least he gives opinions.
Whelan also makes some good points. Canavan was good whilst on TV3.

Spillane has to f*ck over the years, just spouts cr*p.

It would be nice if TSG was actually about the Games and not the panelists.
MWWSI 2017