The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Do you know what?
I bet Pat Spillane is shaking his head at the fact that a wing-back has scored 5 points from play.
This is a negative development in his view.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

INDIANA

Quote from: Jinxy on June 03, 2012, 03:03:56 PM
Do you know what?
I bet Pat Spillane is shaking his head at the fact that a wing-back has scored 5 points from play.

it was pure mule jinxy the first half. pure mule.

ardchieftain

Longford threw that away. Ironic that they played better when wiped out at midfield in the 1st half.

Hardy

Do you know what?

Bingo - the Wexford forwards are no good - their backs scored more.

Again, the whole analysis is completely negative. I'm serious - not one positive point made. Not one.

Wildweasel74

any chance brolly would stop talking oer the top of spillane, downright bad manners, pat hard to understand at the best of times but with brolly harping over him its downright impossible!!

Jinxy

It's just such a joyless, depressing experience watching gaelic football on RTE.
You've the double whammy of commentators that make you want to throw your telly off a bridge and analysts that don't analyse the game.
It's like they WANT people to stop watching.
I think Ryle Nugent sits in an office looking at the viewing figures for the Sunday Game and thinks to himself, "Why isn't this working? We've Ger and Martin on commentary, Brolly and Spillane spouting bile non-stop and people are STILL watching in huge numbers. We're going to have to step it up next week. Maybe we can get Jedward to do the sideline reports...."

spuds

Quote from: Hardy on June 03, 2012, 03:40:00 PM
Do you know what?

Bingo - the Wexford forwards are no good - their backs scored more.

Again, the whole analysis is completely negative. I'm serious - not one positive point made. Not one.
Ger Canning was on about "honesty of endeavour" after Brian Kavanagh picked the ball clean off the ground. Another beaut was after Ben Brosnan pointed a free Canning excites how scoring it shows his commitment, what does that mean ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Jinxy

Same shit, different year....

The Boy Wonder

Ah stop bitching girls - isn't it priceless entertainment !
Pat Spillane looking himself up on Wikipedia to check what he scored in his career  ;D

Jinxy

Switching from RTE to TV3 today was like walking out of an elderly relatives funeral and into a 21st birthday party.

Jinxy

McStay will have his dossier with him no doubt.

Hardy

The tossier with the dossier.

squire_in_navy_slacks

rte have mc stay..............tv3 have liam hayes............................bring back David Brady

Jinxy

Louth should have won a provincial title as recently as 2010.
RTE are really getting on my f**king nerves at this stage.