The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: highorlow on August 08, 2011, 12:53:27 PM
QuoteOutside the Kerry team, there are no players with AI medals. That kind of "history" is irrelevant.

Check your history, our lads (Mayo) have up to 7 and possibly more within the squad.

Pedant. You know what I meant.

Hound

Quote from: ross4life on August 08, 2011, 01:49:10 AM
Quote from: screenexile on August 08, 2011, 01:03:26 AM
What do you expect them to say. Dublin and Kerry are the form teams and the teams with the history and pedigree to back it up.

I think Donegal have an outside chance but Kerry will definitely beat Mayo. Every shred of info points to a Kerry Dublin final so why are pundits getting hauled over the coals for saying it?!
All semi final teams are on form & unbeaten, you'd swear Kerry,Dublin are the same level as Tipp,Kilkenny in Hurling the way pundits are talking them up.

I fancy at least one shock in the semi finals.

Love the way you dismiss the analysts for their views, but then call it a shock if Mayo and Donegal win. But you didnt say which one. Are you saying its wrong that Dublin and Kerry are favourites?

In any event, the pundits on the Sunday Game on Sunday night in no way suggested it would be a walkover for Kerry and Dublin. They all said Mayo and Donegal should not be written off. They did tip Kerry and Dublin to win, like the bookies.

Meaning any experts who fancy a "shock" can make big bucks with Mayo at 4/1, Donegal at 3/1 and the Mayo-Donegal double at 19/1.

Jinxy

:D
McStay is about to stab Tony Davis in the face with his biro.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Spillane is like a parody of a sports analyst. I always think of Apres match watching him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc7LkllDNmQ
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Jinxy on August 14, 2011, 10:55:04 PM
:D
McStay is about to stab Tony Davis in the face with his biro.

McStay war right all the way, Davis still sulking after the quater final. McStay defo tore him a new hole.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Jinxy

When Davis said "Mayo are losers" I could hear McStays teeth grinding.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Jinxy on August 15, 2011, 12:20:05 PM
When Davis said "Mayo are losers" I could hear McStays teeth grinding.

Davis will do anything to stop Kerry winning Sam, sick listening to him reading from his notes, I'd nearly bring back Tommy Lyons instead.

I said nearly.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

I think they should do a fans zone instead. Get different people in that were at the match. Vet them beforehand, and then get a skilled presenter to guide the discussion. I'm not talking about a Fan Zone type roar fest, but more like the chat people say when they are watching the Sunday Game anyway.

At this stage the pundit format for GAA has become tired. It's either a platform for controversial comments, or just nonsense mumbling. Even a panel with a well informed fan type (or a local paper journo) from each county and 1 of a Brolly/Davis/Spillane might be a better TV, as the fans could take any stupid comments to task.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Davis claimed that Keith Higgins was one of the best backs in the country in football (possibly) and hurling! Its been a while since I have seen our hurlers play, but Keith was always a forward when I saw them play. Any lads who follow Mayo hurling regularly care to comment.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 15, 2011, 03:17:38 PM
Davis claimed that Keith Higgins was one of the best backs in the country in football (possibly) and hurling! Its been a while since I have seen our hurlers play, but Keith was always a forward when I saw them play. Any lads who follow Mayo hurling regularly care to comment.

I;m not the greatest hurling fan I must admit, but he does play in the forwards with them alright.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 15, 2011, 03:23:47 PM

I;m not the greatest hurling fan I must admit, but he does play in the forwards with them alright.

So Davis just presumed he was one of the best backs in hurling in the country, just because he plays for the Mayo hurling team too. I know he is a very effective forward, and Connacht has choosen him on a few occassions for the Inter-pros, but always as a forward as far as I know.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 15, 2011, 02:27:21 PM
I think they should do a fans zone instead. Get different people in that were at the match. Vet them beforehand, and then get a skilled presenter to guide the discussion. I'm not talking about a Fan Zone type roar fest, but more like the chat people say when they are watching the Sunday Game anyway.

At this stage the pundit format for GAA has become tired. It's either a platform for controversial comments, or just nonsense mumbling. Even a panel with a well informed fan type (or a local paper journo) from each county and 1 of a Brolly/Davis/Spillane might be a better TV, as the fans could take any stupid comments to task.

Match of the Day is no better. Da da da da da da da
The format has been flogged to death .
And it's like the internet doesn't exist. 
There are so many ways to look at a match . But 3 middle aged smart casual ex players going through the motions, give us a break 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Jinxy

I wouldn't worry about it.
Tony was probably just mixing him up with someone else.
As usual.