Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenDover

I used to love playing in the Gaelic Field especially on County final day and your right the 6ft drop from one end to the other is very decieving. Ahh the joys of living a stones throw away never had to worry about parking, though there's an exceleent view from the bungalow roofs in Drumarg  ;D

Candyman

Was it u Ben that wrote PIRA on the chimney pots... ;)

fcuksake

Quote from: Onion Bag on November 01, 2007, 03:45:59 PM
Its one pitch i never liked, Either playing on it or being a spectator, The pitch itself has a big steep hill down towards the cathedral, very deceiving, and you have to be at the field about 2 hours before it starts in order to get parked, A Nightmare

every ground encounters this problem, we just have to live with it. whatever the occassion, when there is a large number of people, parking is always going to be an issue..just look at HQ.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

asitis

i see silverbridge are back in training for next year already. they must have qualifed for the champions league judging by the games they're playing.

High Catch

Quote from: asitis on November 02, 2007, 12:20:03 AM
i see silverbridge are back in training for next year already. they must have qualifed for the champions league judging by the games they're playing.

Who are they playing? Bit early for that carry on?

illdecide

I know we touched on this b4 but i was reading the local paper this morning and it had the league tables in it and Whitecross and Culloville are in a dog fight both on 16pts, i said previously that we went down 4 years ago on 15pts and now some team is going to be relegated with 16pts. Next year with St Pats and Killeavey in the division it could be even worse as those 2 teams are as good as whats in the division.

Here's hoping the Athletic Grounds are opened for next years championship, we always liked playing there with the big open spaces, its a bit like Davitt Park in a way and it has been proved over the last 8 years or so that Clans are not suited to a smaller pitch like Abbey Park(where we seem to have to play majority of our championship games). And it will be good for all clubs to have a neutrel ground open again for the county final.

I suppose i should finish off by wishing Cross the best of luck for Sunday as much as they are the old enemy when any team from Armagh goes into the Ulster/All-Ireland series they will have my support. (f**k i sound like a right boring bastard this morning)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

inthemaking

Quote from: asitis on November 02, 2007, 12:20:03 AM

what are you talking about? this is a load of nonsense

BenDover

Def wasn't me Candyman I was probably out on the field playing at the time that was wrote, BUT where were you  :D :D

Candyman

i was in the opposite dug-out!!!  :D

seeheartalk

Good Luck to all Armagh sides in Ulster at the weekend: Cross in the Senior, Whitecross in the Intermediate and Carrickcruppen in the Intermediate Final replay.

crossfire

Thanks illdecide and also seeheartalk

DrinkingHarp

Anyone know if the Cross match is being broadcasted on the internet ?

or a link to a radio station that will have the match?

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Shortso79

Try     http://www.fivefm.co.uk/

Say they have either the cross or bridge match on

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 03, 2007, 12:34:25 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 03, 2007, 11:29:06 AM
The 'bridge aren't playing.

That would be Mayobridge, there is more than one `bridge in Ireland  ;)
Yes, but not in armagh and this is the armagh club thread!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?