62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Quote from: MK on October 18, 2020, 08:42:36 PM

a well-coached team against one without any identity or impetus

as seen at set pieces

For Goldsons first goal Duffy actually played him onside leaving a non defender to stop his run

Meanwhile when Celtic had a set-piece and invariably targetted Duffy in the opposing penalty area Goldson was there to  stop the target and thus defy the threat

TBH i haven't been impressed with Duffy...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

paddyjohn

Quote from: illdecide on October 18, 2020, 08:57:43 PM

as seen at set pieces

For Goldsons first goal Duffy actually played him onside leaving a non defender to stop his run

Meanwhile when Celtic had a set-piece and invariably targetted Duffy in the opposing penalty area Goldson was there to  stop the target and thus defy the threat

But he's Irish so that's ok. He can make all the mistakes he wants but he Irish...

I kinda feel for him, he's not a ball playing centre half but he's being asked to do that job.

MK

as seen at set pieces

No harm to you Ill'decide but this is a poor reflection on the manager/coach NOT the player who was signed by the management

Main Street

Celtic's problem has nothing to do with Duffy. He plays behind 2 other Centre Halfs  who are well able to play the ball forward and Ajer is a capable midfielder  . Since when does a team with playing 3 52 need all three centre halfs to be ball playing Beckenbauers?

illdecide

Jesus H i wasn't blaming Duffy at all...all i was saying that i wasn't impressed with him having come from a supposedly higher standard but he's only played half a dozen games and as u say Main St he's playing with two other centre halves who are meant to be better with the ball their feet.

illdecide

Quote from: MK on October 18, 2020, 09:23:34 PM

as seen at set pieces

No harm to you Ill'decide but this is a poor reflection on the manager/coach NOT the player who was signed by the management

MK it's only my opinion...and for what it worth it means nothing as long as NL is happy with him then that's all that matters. As for signings and a reflection on a manager what would be the % of signings for any manager's being a flop or a star. Look at the stats and i'd reckon all managers would have a similar % rate of good'ns and flops. Celtic have been well known recently for spotting talent but they have their fair share of terrible signings too just like every other club

MoChara

Couple of videos from Saturday under no pressure pinging the ball woefully out of play. Perhaps he's been asked to  pick the pass or just fancies it cause its Scotland but he has to be told to stop. We bought him to take no shite from attackers and nut in the odd goal from set plays at the other end, do the job and playout the simple ball.

Does anyone else think Lenny doesn't look like a well man these days? His complexion and even his weight starting to tell a story but what it is I'm not sure.

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on October 18, 2020, 08:56:44 PM
I just hope it all works out...Bringing in a new manager is a risk and so is keeping the existing one, what i want is to get the 10 this season and for NL to walk away from the poison he gets now from both sides. He played for Man City, Crewe & Leicester and captained N Ireland at that time and no one batted an eye lid at him but the day he signed for Celtic everything turned against him for pure bigoty and sectarian reasons. Now though he's getting it from his own fans which i think is despicable tbh and in my opinion wrong, WTF is wrong with people?. I just don't get it...

Back to the game yesterday and the more i think about it and look back at the players we have at our disposal would this Celtic team have made any difference...

V. BARKAS (which i'm not convinced off just yet)
C. JULLIEN
S. DUFFY
K. AJER
D. LAXALT (not match fit but we have to assume he's gonna be good)
J. FORREST
C. MCGREGOR
S. BROWN
R. CHRISTIE
O. EDOUARD
L. GRIFFITHS

Not making excuses for the defeat but that team surely would have done better with Ajeti waiting for a slice of it too?

Bringing in a new manager is not a bigger risk than getting rid of a guy who is out of his depth.

It's important we don't go for a cheap, yes man option this time. It's not too hard to get an upgrade on Lennon, that's the bottom line.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

illdecide

Dunno if you sound like a Parrot or a broken record...starting to get boring now

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on October 19, 2020, 12:10:18 PM
Dunno if you sound like a Parrot or a broken record...starting to get boring now

The only parrot here is you rolling out excuse after excuse for Lennon when pretty much everyone can now see how out of his depth he is.

Main Street

Quote from: MoChara on October 19, 2020, 08:01:57 AM
Couple of videos from Saturday under no pressure pinging the ball woefully out of play. Perhaps he's been asked to  pick the pass or just fancies it cause its Scotland but he has to be told to stop. We bought him to take no shite from attackers and nut in the odd goal from set plays at the other end, do the job and playout the simple ball.

And for Ireland v Finland, Duffy was pinging crossfield passes landing chest high one after the other. On Saturday, was there any player who had a half decent game?  Maybe Ajer and the new LB?  Overall though, it looked to be a wholesale flat tyre performance.

illdecide

Quote from: Angelo on October 19, 2020, 12:15:48 PM

The only parrot here is you rolling out excuse after excuse for Lennon when pretty much everyone can now see how out of his depth he is.

See, that's where you're full of it. Where have i defended Lennon these last few days...far from it. I've said all along i won't defend him nor anyone else if i feel they don't deserve it.

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on October 19, 2020, 02:14:56 PM

See, that's where you're full of it. Where have i defended Lennon these last few days...far from it. I've said all along i won't defend him nor anyone else if i feel they don't deserve it.

I'm not full of it.

I've criticised Lennon, validly and you're jumping down my throat for it. There's nothing I have said that others do not think and none of it has been unfair, he's not up to the Celtic job, that is being proven, you might not like to hear it but it's the truth so don't get you knickers in a twist.

MoChara

Quote from: Main Street on October 19, 2020, 12:49:26 PM
Quote from: MoChara on October 19, 2020, 08:01:57 AM

And for Ireland v Finland, Duffy was pinging crossfield passes landing chest high one after the other. On Saturday, was there any player who had a half decent game?  Maybe Ajer and the new LB?  Overall though, it looked to be a wholesale flat tyre performance.

i'll admit I don't watch internationals and I haven't watched a lot of him other than at celtic but from what I've saw that wasn't a strong part of his game, hopefully he proves me wrong of course

illdecide

Quote from: Angelo on October 19, 2020, 02:19:36 PM
Quote from: illdecide on October 19, 2020, 02:14:56 PM

I'm not full of it.

I've criticised Lennon, validly and you're jumping down my throat for it. There's nothing I have said that others do not think and none of it has been unfair, he's not up to the Celtic job, that is being proven, you might not like to hear it but it's the truth so don't get you knickers in a twist.

You accused me of backing Lennon no matter what and that's not true, I did not back him this week and to be fair no one could have and he's in serious trouble. His own friend Chris Sutton has criticised him and when that happens then your days are numbered...FACT. If Celtic lose another few games then he's for the chop and you'll be a happy man