Tyrone 2008

Started by tyroneman, August 14, 2007, 01:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Is it true that SON's out for the year? The knee injuries apparently isn't coming along as first hoped.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Congrats to Fuzzman -you'll have many sleepless nights !!!!!!! I hope not all the same -   ;D :D :D >:(

Is it the case that SON and Micky Harte may no longer have the very close relationship they once enjoyed ??? Just a thought......... ????

To whom it may concern

apparently o'neill expressed on behalf of several team mates their frustration with the backroom staff/training...harte told him to worry about getting fit and thinks aren't as close as before....does seem odd that we supply so many outstanding coaches to other counties whilst depriving ourselves

feetofflames

If its true that O Neills Career may be cut short by the wrong type of training prep work, If I had his talent Id be angry too.  But id ask does anyone know better than Mickey in Tyrone football - Id doubt it.  I heard the talk of wee Peter too, didnt believe it but ye never know.   
Chief Wiggum

Norf Tyrone

Quote"Its a boy" I cried out as everyone else was expecting a girl for some reason

Jamie Patrick was born last Tue at 9lbs 7 ounces in the Coombe in Dublin
Everyone is keen he'll be raised a dub but he'll be a Red hand Toffee like his da

Any news I've missed?

Yip....Everton were beat in the CC Semi  ;D

I see you got a wee mention in the CNG notes this week.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

tyrone86

Quote from: To whom it may concern on January 24, 2008, 04:52:58 PM
apparently o'neill expressed on behalf of several team mates their frustration with the backroom staff/training...harte told him to worry about getting fit and thinks aren't as close as before....does seem odd that we supply so many outstanding coaches to other counties whilst depriving ourselves

Call me a cynic but on the day O'Neill announces his retirement there's talk of tension between himself and Mickey? Co-incidence?

orangeman

Don't think so - I believe I posted this today :

Is it the case that SON and Micky Harte may no longer have the very close relationship they once enjoyed  Just a thought......... ?

So I got the story before it was announced - obviously they read this board and decided to come clean before I divulged the story !  ;) ;) ;D

It would be very regretable if SON was leaving because of a difference of opinion / row between him and management ???????

I had heard that the players wanted Canavan to have a leading role in the set up - any one hear this ??????

tyrone86

Quote from: orangeman on January 24, 2008, 11:18:06 PM

I had heard that the players wanted Canavan to have a leading role in the set up - any one hear this ??????

Never heard that one but can anyone answer me this - has there been anyone of prominence on any of Harte's backroom teams (at any level) with the exception of Paddy Tally that hasn't been from a Clogher Valley club or had ties with St Ciaran's Ballygawley?

never kickt a ball

Quote from: tyrone86 on January 24, 2008, 11:30:32 PM
Quote from: orangeman on January 24, 2008, 11:18:06 PM

Never heard that one but can anyone answer me this - has there been anyone of prominence on any of Harte's backroom teams (at any level) with the exception of Paddy Tally that hasn't been from a Clogher Valley club or had ties with St Ciaran's Ballygawley?

Fr Gerard McAleer?

tyrone86

Well that's one's a bit of a grey area considering his proximity to what would have been the old Glencull catchment but I take your point.

ONeill

I'd heard last Halloween that two leading lights in the Tyrone senior set-up hadn't seen eye-to-eye for the guts of a year. Today's news almost confirms what I'd previously taken with a pinch of salt then.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyroneman

I think we have a major, major problem here.

There is no-one at present who would be considered a top class (i.e. up there with Gooch, McDonnell, Mortimer,Bradley etc) forward in the Tyrone set up. To my mind no team has won an AI in the last 25 years without at least 1.

Mugsy has been capable of sheer brilliance in the past but never consistancy.He has also failed 9/10 times to shine when he is the main man i.e. without Peter or SON beside him

I also think there may be something to this backroom staff rumour...........when Tally was there we at least were fit and healthy. We eventually became fit due to the volume of games in 2005, not down to the fitness regime. The last 2 seasons we have been very lethargic looking compared to our work rate of old.

We also sem to have a never ending run of injuries...............................can't all be down to bad luck

tyrone86

I may have may red and white spectacleson but if Mugsy has a fully fit Brian McGuigan providing him with kind of ball he can win then you have something you can build on. Mugsy may be chastised for his lack of consistency but when McGuigan got into full flight in '05 so did the flame haired one.

tyrone86

With O'Neill's retirement now fact, one wonders what the status of his club mate Brian Dooher will be given the latter's regular struggle with injury.

loughshore lad

It was well known within Tyrone footballing circles that S'ON told MH last October during one to one meeting that was being held between players and management that he was quitting Tyrone to concentrate on playing club football. Obviously MH hoped S'ON could be coaxed back but the lad had made his mind and seems set to stick to that. Its excellent news for Clann na Gael but a real hammer blow to Tyrone. Also makes me wonder if McGuigan will have the heart now to attempt a comeback for Tyrone?
I think its falrly clear there is a lot of discontent within the camp as regards to the bacroom staff, training methods and injury prevention/rehabilitation in particular. I know of one player who voiced concerns on the training side of things in these one to one interviews in October who was promptly told to just worry about playing and leave everything else to the management - why ask for feedback and then dismiis suggestions out of sight.