Tyrone 2008

Started by tyroneman, August 14, 2007, 01:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Down in the first round ? What you think ?

tyrone86

If I'm not mistaken Gilmore, Kerr, O'Hagan, McRory, Devlin, Cavanagh and Cassidy all are u21 again this year. The last 5 definitely are but Kerr and Gilmore I'm not 100% sure about.

belfastboy

tyrone minors 01
J Devine, R O'Neill, D Carlin, M McStravock, J McMahon, K McCrory, P Quinn, P Donnelly, B Mulligan, C Donnelly, S Cavanagh, T McGuigan, L Meenan, M Penrose, G Toner.

Tyrone minors 98
Pascal McConnell, Gavin Devlin, Michael McGee, Fran Loughran, Ciaran Meenagh, Darren O'Hanlon, Peter O'Neill , Cormac McAnallen, Kevin Hughes; Gavin Wylie, Martin Hughes, Stephen O'Neill, Aidan Lynch, Enda McGinley, Eoin Mulligan.

who was the better team? Who hasn't been tried by management and who should be tried?

tyrone86

I just checked all the lads I mentioned plus Niall McGinn Eskra are underage from the AI winning minor team of 04

tyrone86

The 98 team was the better side hands down. With the exception of the drawn Down game in Healy (Brian McGuigan Centre Half Back for the first 15 minutes - what where you thinking Mickey) they won all of their games at a canter. And don't forget McGuigan missed the guts of the year with a broken collarbone. And Philly Jordan was only a sub on that side.

tyrone86

tyrone86

Tyrone v Down 2005: G Kelly (Stewartstown), N Loughran (Carrickmore), C McCarron (Dromore), S O'Neill (Dromore), J Gilmore (Cookstown) (0-1), N Kerr (Coalisland), C McGinley (Errigal Ciaran) (0-1), C Cavanagh (Moy) (0-1), S O'Hagan (Clonoe), J Kelly (Errigal Ciaran) (0-2), A Cassidy (Augher), S Donaghy (Loughmacrory), G Devlin (Stewartstown) (0-1), C McCarron (Omagh) (0-3), C O'Donnell (Omagh) (0-1). Subs: N McGinn (Donaghmore) (0-5, 3 frees) for Donaghy, P Toner (Coalisland) for Devlin, D McBride (Strabane) for O'Hagan

tyroneman

Article from the Indo............. Hope we DO discover some hidden gems (esp for MF and FB) and also that MH actually gives them some decent game time in the McKenna / NFL..........

Cavanagh backs hunt for hidden Tyrone gems

SEAN Cavanagh believes undiscovered talent is waiting to be unearthed in Tyrone's lower divisions.

The former AllStar has welcomed a new initiative which will give players from smaller clubs a chance to impress county manager Mickey Harte.

The county's own Allstar scheme, run by Teamtalk magazine, is to honour selected teams from all four divisions, which will be invited to take part in trials later this month.

"I think the Teamtalk AllStars has been a good idea. We played a trial game against the main Allstar team last year as well and it helped us discover some new players, such as Damien McCaul," said Cavanagh.

"And with players from the lower divisions getting their chance now as well, it's a great opportunity for some of them.

"Hopefully we'll be able to uncover a bit more talent from the lower leagues and get the best 15 players playing for Tyrone next year."

While Cavanagh is keen to see new players emerging to strengthen the Tyrone squad, he is equally anxious to welcome back a raft of established stars who played little or no part this year due to injury.

"We'd like to see Brian McGuigan back playing football, and the other injured boys, the likes of Stevie O'Neill, Brian Dooher.

"We have had a disappointing couple of years with injuries, so we'd like to rebuild during the winter and be ready to give it a good rattle in 2008."

JOEPPT

Saw Sweeney play a few times over the past 2 years. Still looks that he could do a job for Tyrone. Strong in the tackle and the way Tyrone have been going would  be useful

loughshore lad

Now the season is over list people you would like to see get a run in at least the McKenna Cup and maybe even the National League in order to breathe some much needed life into the county set up that in my opinion looks a bit stale.  To start the ball rolling I will name a few:

PJ Quinn - Moortown

Cathal McCarron, Sean O'Neill, Mickey Garry - Dromore

Niall McGinn - Donaghmore

Shane Sweeny - Aghayarn (not really nre blood but he has been absent for 2 seasons and is better than people in the squad in my opinon)

Colm McGurk, Ciaran McAleer, Gaby McCallin - Carmen

Fear ón Srath Bán

Niall Gormley of Trillick should get a full run out too, and wouldn't mind seeing a few of the Coalisland lads having a chance, despite the aberration of the County Final.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tyrone Dreamer

Tyrone havent produced a good scoring forward at county level in over 5 years - this is a major problem. McGinn looked like a great prospect but I see he has ruled himself out as he'd rather concentrate on playing for Dungannon Swifts which is disapppointing and unless he makes it to the big time in soccer is a waste of talent. I think there is decent talent in the county and the Dromore full forward looks well worth a shot in the McKenna Cup. Also its important that some of the lads showing potential like Cavangh jnr, Mulgrew and McMahon Jnr really kick on. I think its a must that Harte gets Sweeney back. Not only is he a decent man to man marker but would also add some much needed height to the corner back positions. Wonder will Boggs be back - he's yet to play much football in 2 years. Whats the situation with Aiden McCarron, is he injured?

clarshack

havent really seen much of PJ Quinn but a lot of people dont seem to rate him.

Norf Tyrone

QuoteWonder will Boggs be back - he's yet to play much football in 2 years. Whats the situation with Aiden McCarron, is he injured?

Brendy I'd say will try to get in the Tyrone panel again at least. This year he got little Club football due to being in the County set-up, and then broke his shoulder when back with the Club!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

sam03/05

Gilmore and Kerr are both deffo under 21 for tyrone this year. In fact Gilmore has another two years at under 21 for Tyrone. Thats if the competiton is still being played by then.