Tyrone 2008

Started by tyroneman, August 14, 2007, 01:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

orangeman

I saw Shane Sweeney y'day and thought he still could do a job for Tyrone - big, strong, fast, skilful and a bit of a hard nut !

Tyrones own

Quote from: orangeman on September 30, 2007, 10:47:21 PM
I saw Shane Sweeney y'day and thought he still could do a job for Tyrone - big, strong, fast, skilful and a bit of a hard nut !

Rarely put a foot wrong imo, better yet,
did he ever produce anything less than Mulligan has since '03
any chance he got? yet one still starts and the other isn't even on the panel :-\
  - Walter Lippmann

parttimeexile

Quote from: Tyrones own on October 01, 2007, 04:47:09 AM

Rarely put a foot wrong imo, better yet,
did he ever produce anything less than Mulligan has since '03
any chance he got? yet one still starts and the other isn't even on the panel :-\

Sure weeney took himself off the panel because of work commitments.I'm sure he could be there if he wanted to.

loughshore lad

You are right there orangeman he had a great game for Aghayarn yesterday. No doubt in my mind he could still play for Tyrone.

tieroan

I really think that Mickey should take a look at Stephen McNally and Niall Kerr. Both are young but they have a county air about them.

Tyrones own

[/quote]

Sure weeney took himself off the panel because of work commitments.I'm sure he could be there if he wanted to.

I think if he had been making the starting 15 or even knocking on the door of it we
might have seen his commitments altered a little.
Probably didn't want to knock his shite out 4 or 5 nights a week so that he could sit on the bench
and watch consistent starters under perform, can't say I'd blame him.
  - Walter Lippmann

orangeman

The level of commitment is huge - especially if you're living in places like Aygharan where the travel distance is greater - maybe his hear wasn't fuly in it - but he struck me as a player who Tyrone could be doing with - they lack defenders who can purely defend - man markers -

longball

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on September 29, 2007, 10:44:41 AM

Aidan McCarron

A Big NO in my books! believe he isnt even willing to play for Fintona as would rather play soccer at the moment. Tyrone need players who are hungry to play Gaelic football! which sadly puts question marks over N McGinn!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

rrhf

Mc Ginn loves playing Gaelic for his club.  I dont know what the intentions are for the county although I strongly believe he could make it.  He just loves sport and that to his credit.  But its his own business.

orangeman

Does Mc Ginn get paid by the Swifts ?
What if Donaghmore were to give him expenses ?

Tyrone

Quote from: longball on October 02, 2007, 01:53:59 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on September 29, 2007, 10:44:41 AM

Aidan McCarron

A Big NO in my books! believe he isnt even willing to play for Fintona as would rather play soccer at the moment. Tyrone need players who are hungry to play Gaelic football! which sadly puts question marks over N McGinn!

Aidan McCarron has only played 2 Games of Soccer in a Year so i dont know where that came from. He has been struggling with a Hamstring injury and with Fintona already relegated he has been told by Tyrone Physios to rest. I heard he came on against aghaloo an scored 4 points from play in ten mins. Wudn have him in the first 15 for Tyrone but definetly worth his place in the Squad

orangeman

Haven't seen much of Mc Carron so can't really say - will he take part in the trials that are coming up ?

sam03/05

Some Dromore players really caught the eye and must be worth a shout.
Mickey Garry
Shaun O'Neill (full forward)
Sean O'Neill (half back)

these players look superb.

Tyrone Dreamer

Sam 03/05 them 3 players you mentioned were superb today. There is obviously a difference between club and county but they are definately worth a look at. Fabien O'Neil was very good at corner back but may be a little small for county. Didnt see enough of Cathal McCarron today to judge him.