Tyrone 2008

Started by tyroneman, August 14, 2007, 01:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleafgael

Roddy,

Dont take this the wrong way as its meant as a compliment, my take on Carmen is that as a team they play above the sum of their individuals. I put this down to the fierce pride and commitment displayed for the jersey and tradition. A lot of teams are beat in the changing rooms before the match against Carrickmore, they think at the back of their minds there going to get beat and then they are.

The Carrickmore forwards where much of a muchness imo from what limited times I have seen them this year. A couple had a big reputation, Donnelly especially, but dont seem to have lived up to expectations. They have a very tight defence and probably McGurk would be the pick of these who might be able to step up to sounty level. The only thing that I wouldnt be sure about with him is his temperament, he seems to foul a lot, and does he have the required pace for county football.

Longball,

Your panel shows Kevin Hughes have been cast to the side, he has been poor this last two seasons but I would persevere with him yet. There is definetly one big season left in Dooher yet.

longball

fair points oakleaf. im not too convinced in B Dooher- hes injured again. he ahd one unreal game this season and the rest were well below average. could be time for Tyrone to move on without him.
As for Kevin Hughes he is a player ive always liked but think there is better knocking on the door. Feel he could be led to the cull
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Wee Roddy

Oakleafgael just to clarify one or two things for you
Colm McGurk is the fastest member of the Carrickmore football panel. Anyone who has marked him will tell you that. He did a brilliant job on Niall McGinn in the league in Donaghmore earlier in the year.
Secondly Mark Donnelly is on a working holiday in Austrailia all year. He declined a trial last year because of this and the year before he pulled his hamstring in the league final which ruled him out.
I would like to ask you who the names are in the forward line who latter to decieve?

donegal gael

how can b dooher be left out he's your leader and an inspiration to the team and supporters.. i'd say mulligan would need to buck up his ideas and get fit! your man rouse never got much of a chance

Tyrone Dreamer

Longball if Tyrone start with a full forward line of Daisy, Mugsy and Gormley I dont think theyd go very far. McDermot is below the level and there is isnt enough ball winning capability in the line. Gormely and Daisy are both small but if its a smaller forward we're picking it has to be McGinn who offers a lot more potential than the other 2 mentioned. PJ Quinn I think will definately get a go this year. What about Boggs - will he be back for a 3rd year or has he improved any? In relaion to Carrickmore players Id have no probs with 1 or 2 getting a go but just wasnt sure who the best options were. A few years ago Mark Donnelly looked good but never seemed to score enough. There was also talk about Gabby McCallan being the best option but wouldnt play. I also see some have attacked my list. As I said I was never suggesting all the players should be in the panel, they were only possibilites for a trial and some I was basing on what others have said. On another note we do seem to have midfield problems still and thats why I think Jarelth Quinn could be worth another look at. Maybe someone who has seen him play this year a few times could confirm what sort of form he is in. I also think Colm Cavanagh will get a go in midfield this year, he has the height and can catch a ball. He's still very young at 19/20 and should improve from last year.

orangeman

Main thing is to forget about the Mc Kenna cup etc and concentrate on the c'ship by having players ready for football in August !

KIDDO

Seems that one bank  must have been reading the article by  Paddy Heaney ,in Tuesdays Irish News , as current Tyrone panelist Aidan Mc Carron is set to depart his salesman job with Tyrone sponsor Rocwell, to take up a well paid position with the Bank Of Ireland , only problem unlikeGooch and other kerry bank officials , is that Aidan has been unable to nail down a permanent   starting spot on  the first fifteen.

Norf Tyrone

Quotethis means no room for
B Dooher
S O'Neill- he would be on it but has long term injury and think this year will be a no go for him
P Rouse
A McCarron
M Penrose- though i thnk he never got a fair crack never got a run of games
M Magee

And Brendan Boggs.

Quote from: KIDDO on September 26, 2007, 10:16:31 PM
Seems that one bank  must have been reading the article by  Paddy Heaney ,in Tuesdays Irish News , as current Tyrone panelist Aidan Mc Carron is set to depart his salesman job with Tyrone sponsor Rocwell, to take up a well paid position with the Bank Of Ireland , only problem unlike Cooch and other kerry bank officials , is that Aidan has been unable to nail down a permanent   starting spot on  the first fifteen.

Who's Cooch?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

orangeman

Aidan Mc Carron wouldn't be the most high profile person on the panel, would he ?

oneillcup2007

Boys I ahte to see it but I think Tyrone needmore aggression in their team and certainly in the middle of the field.  Colm Cavanagh - I dont htink so.

orangeman

Aggression didn't win the 2 Sams - ability, skill, hard work and know how won through - every team can do with a bit of aggression but there is a balance to be struck when you operate at the highest level.

oneillcup2007

Tyrones most celebrated performance was Donegal in the championship this year, however I believe they played better football against Monaghan in the Mc Kenna cup in Breffni Park.  It was outstanding stuff.  Very few of these players were allowed to wear a jersey after this game.  I beleive Cavlan, Mulligan and probably a few othere are beyond their best.  The absolute minimum requirement for playing county football should be that you keep yourself in athletic condiditon.   

orangeman

It's a question of Tyrone players not having the necessary hunger I believe - players who are not regulars seem to have more to play for than people with 2 AI medals in their pockets.

orangeman

But then another question arises - are these non regular players good enough or talented enough to win an AI ? Answer - probably not.

oneillcup2007

Hard to answer that my orange friend unless they get the chance.