Tyrone 2008

Started by tyroneman, August 14, 2007, 01:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Star Spangler

Why was this thread pushed into the local section when similar threads on Sligo and Down are kept in the main section?  Is there anti-Tyrone bias amongst the moderators of this here site??

neutral

I definitely would like to see John mc Conville worked on over the winter for Tyrone next year. 

loughshore lad

Quote from: neutral on August 23, 2007, 09:55:17 AM
I definitely would like to see John mc Conville worked on over the winter for Tyrone next year. 

Have to agree here (although from a club perspective probably not!), am baffled why he didnt even get a trial last year. He has the height and power Tyrone are crying out for, he is an excellent footballer and nice lad as well.

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 17, 2007, 02:57:15 PM
well he made a mistake a few years ago against Armagh and has never been forgiven for it.
If you look at Thornton's goal scoring record from underage level right up, you will find he is probably one of the best goalscorers in Tyrone.

Dont think Thornton is the answer, sure that miss was in 2002 before Harte took over. Prior to that he would have been on Hartes minor and under 21 sides so Harte must not feel he is county senior standard or would have him on the panel otherwise. McGuigan made Thornton look good in those underage sides, he would probably be found out at senior level where defenders would have the pace and power to deal with him.

neutral

I would have my doubts about Ritchie at senior level,  but against Meath when we were looking a goalscorer could he have given us something?   

Puckoon

Players come in and out of form, It certainly wouldnt hurt to take a look at a number of these players, not just in trial situations, but in the arena of the mckenna cup. Combined maybe that would be a fairer crack of the whip than just taking boys in for trials. I think tyrone need that direct running top inside forward who is a real goal threat.

charlie stubbs

hatre i feel should try a different approach to the mckenna cup this year and try and solve your problem areas as oppossed to making the main objective to win it.Should try sort out a full back and a midfield partner for cavanagh.A lot of posters seem to think its all doom and gloom for tyrone,but i think if people underistamate you it when you ayt your best e.g. donegal game.There could however be similiarities between armaghs decline and the position tyrone are in at the minute i.e. bad ai quarter final defeat and manager staying on.

ps before i get slated i appreciate harte has did a wonderful job

longball

Feel that there will be number of players to be cut from the current tyrone panel- dont think big packie mcconnell is going back- hes signed for Derview soccer team and dont think he fancies committing to county senior ball
A number of other players will will be surplus to requirements as well such as M Penrose, A McCarron, P Rouse etc
i think for National League anyway Tyrone should have the following lineout
1. J Curran 2. PJ Quinn 3. C Gormley 4. D McCaul 5. Ricey 6. Enda McGinely 7. P Jordan 8. C Cavanagh 9. Joe McMahon 10. S Cavanagh 11. R Mulgrew 12. Justin McMahon 13. S O'Neill 14. O Mulligan 15. Niall McGinn
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Wee Roddy

I heard a rumour last week that Joe McMahon and Stevie O'Neill have withdrew their services. This did not come from the horses month but someone close to him who would see one of them more than most.

longball

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 21, 2007, 01:54:37 PM
I heard a rumour last week that Joe McMahon and Stevie O'Neill have withdrew their services. This did not come from the horses month but someone close to him who would see one of them more than most.

No problem 9. S Cavanagh 10. Phillip Toner 13. Daisy McDermott

Think Peter Donnelly will be pushing hard for full back line and couple of other coalisland boys will be panel members.

What new faces do u all think there will be?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Tyrone Dreamer

Couldnt see O'Neill withdrawing his services after going through so much this year to try and play when injured. Just hope he and McGuigan are fully fit for next year to give Tyrone a chance of getting back to the top. Would like to see a team like this at the beginning of the league:
Curran
PJ Quinn
Joe McMahon
Shane Sweeney
McMenamin
E McGinley
McCaul
Justy McMahon
C Cavanagh
T McGuigan
R Mulgrew
O'Neill
McGinn
McConville
S Cavanagh
We need to find 1 or 2 forwards to challenge the established players

SuperHans

Yeah think S sweeney should be back in.did niall gormley do enough this year to convinve ppl he should be on the panel/team.

what about M Murray, Paddy O Farrell, M Garry, K McCrory, Enda Clarke

oneillcup2007

Heard from a good source that Harte is going to be at the big match on Sunday and he has a number of Fianna forwards and half backs pencilled into his little black book.. looks like there will be a few island men on the county panel next year.   :)Watch this space folks!!!!!

orangeman

Fianna have a lot of quality players - it will be very interesting to see how many he has in that wee book alright.

loughshore lad

Quote from: oneillcup2007 on September 21, 2007, 05:06:40 PM
Heard from a good source that Harte is going to be at the big match on Sunday and he has a number of Fianna forwards and half backs pencilled into his little black book.. looks like there will be a few island men on the county panel next year.   :)Watch this space folks!!!!!

Anyone think after yesterday MH will be including a number of Fianna men in his black book? If so who?

tyroneboi

Quote from: loughshore lad on September 24, 2007, 09:43:24 AM
Quote from: oneillcup2007 on September 21, 2007, 05:06:40 PM

Anyone think after yesterday MH will be including a number of Fianna men in his black book? If so who?

To be honest after yesterday i dont think too many. Maybe Curran will get a chance this year and possibly Paddy O'Farrell. Think they are more of an outstanding team more so than a team of outstanding individuals.