stephen ireland

Started by Clown, December 16, 2008, 01:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Quote from: dublinfella on December 18, 2008, 01:22:49 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on December 18, 2008, 01:37:35 AM

aye and the same one who did nothing when he was bullied and abused before on of the FAI's games. no one with any pride would put up with that sort of crap. and a smirking little shit like S hunt does nothing to dispell the notion.
its mot Stephen Ireland that has the problem it the FAI and their crap soccer team ,he's better off without them.

Has he ever actually alledged he was "bullied and abused"? Thats an aside, but if you think the 'proud' way to deal with stick is to invent the deaths of two grannies you are on a different planet to the rest of us.

The FAI bashing is tedious. What on earth, even if it did happen, is it to with the FAI? Would it be the GAA's fault if a county player quit a panel because he didn't get on with his team mates?
Stephen Ireland didn't attend a scheduled meeting in Manchester with Trappatoni and Brady, two players whose boots he is not fit to lace. That is pure brat behaviour, as is thinking he can just decide at some point to stroll back into the squad.
Talented player, but simply not worth the hassle at the moment. Hopefully he grows up and decides he wants to play for his country as opposed to having international week off.

I'd say the FAI could bear some responsiblity if it happened during international duty, when a player is being verbally abused and bullied, who else would be held accountable?
Could you name any player on the ROI squad fit to lace Brady or Trapa's boots?
Considering the pub team midfield we have I'd say he is well worth the hassle.

Doogie Browser

Interesting article in todays Mail on Ireland giving a different slant on him nowadays.  Three kids at 22 though, him and the missus must think the rhythm method is shagging to the sound of Kanye West.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1097071/Has-Man-Citys-midfield-marauder-Stephen-Ireland-finally-grown-up.html

dublinfella

Quote from: fitzroyalty on December 18, 2008, 01:47:51 PM

I'd say the FAI could bear some responsiblity if it happened during international duty, when a player is being verbally abused and bullied, who else would be held accountable?
Could you name any player on the ROI squad fit to lace Brady or Trapa's boots?
Considering the pub team midfield we have I'd say he is well worth the hassle.

I would hold the team management accountable. As it happens I think the entire situation was symbolic of the shambles that was the Bobby Staunton regeime, but the manner in which he behaved and left the FAI carrying the can was unforgivable.

The FAI become involved if the player makes a complaint, which at no point did he do. Again, at what point to the GAA become involved if a player leaves a county panel and rumours abound?

He stood Trappatoni up in Manchester. He is finished for the foreseeable future, even if he does decide to grace us with his presence. Traps has lashed better players for a lot less and his success stems from his discipline as a manager. Could you imagine Big Jack putting up with this? Or Fergie? etc.

Main Street

Quote from: rosnarun on December 18, 2008, 01:37:35 AM
[
aye and the same one who did nothing when he was bullied and abused before on of the FAI's games. no one with any pride would put up with that sort of crap. and a smirking little shit like S hunt does nothing to dispell the notion.
its mot Stephen Ireland that has the problem it the FAI and their crap soccer team ,he's better off without them.
What is your source for the bullying allegations?
They are total nonsense.
Even his father emphatically denies SI was ever bullied. A long time ago Dunne took SI to task by publicly asking him to dispel such bullying rumours. It was in SI interests that such rumours be bandied about casting a slur on his team mates to deflect from himself.

Puckoon

Some performance from the boul boy today.

stiffler

Unreal performance from the Cork man today....such a talented player with a fragile mentality.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

anglocelt39

Could you imagine Big Jack putting up with this? Or Fergie? etc.

Read Paul McGrath's autobiography and you can do more than imagine you can see what big Jack "put up" with, and Fergie up to a point before he gated McGrath and Whiteside. Villa then "put up" with Paul at Club level and damn near won a few titles in the process. Had this very sort of pub conversation today and one lad pointed out that Keano was well enough indulged in his time as an international player, the sort of theory seemed to be that he doesn't really get on with others (history suggests this was a fair assessment) so let's try flying him in on the day, using his superb ability as a justification for this different treatment. Worked out well for a while.

Might now be the chance for Trap, Brady etc to show some real managerial mettle and bend the rules a bit to get  a serious talent operating, making some allowances along the way as were made for Keano and McGrath. Reckon Ireland's not worth the hassle-Glenn Whelan or Darren Gibson anybody.

I've heard a few of the Stephen Hunt yarns as well, good grafter, no  more or less. Wouldn't be laying on any special transport for the Clonea Power lad in fairness.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Old Bill

pure class today and has been the form midfielder in the prem this year bar none. Worth 15-20m now and not the 5m that he was going to Funderland for. Outstanding player even if he did have a dodgy hair transplant! sparky has called him the shining light this season. Phil brown very good manager did the right thing today in bringing his dung over to the fans at HT. Paul Mc Shane wouldn get a game with Linfield either.

rosnarun

QuoteStephen Ireland didn't attend a scheduled meeting in Manchester with Trappatoni and Brady, two players whose boots he is not fit to lace. That is pure brat behavior, as is thinking he can just decide at some point to stroll back into the squad.
what the feck has that got to do with any thing . brady showed his management class well enough at celtic. who care what lind ofplayer he was.
of course the fai are responsible . if they are not responsible for the team representing them. what exactly are they useless shower of c***ts responsible for apart from lining their own pockets like most soccer people.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

thebandit

He's coming back according to Today FM News

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: dublinfella on December 18, 2008, 01:22:49 PM
Hopefully he grows up and decides he wants to play for his country as opposed to having international week off.

Does today's news mean that your wish has come true and now you welcome him back into the squad Dublinfella?

Clown

can anyone post a link to todays news of him coming back ?

magpie seanie

He is a good player alright but I think we could have Andy Reid saga mark II coming up. Trap is very single minded and I wouldn't take it for granted he'll pick SI. Also - we do tend to overstate how good some of our players are. Ireland has got a lot of goals and done some good stuff but some of the hyperbole written on this thread and elsewhere about him is mind boggling. It was the same with AR. For what its worth I'd pick them both is a 5 man midfield with Doyle up front on his own.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 07, 2009, 01:03:00 PM
He is a good player alright but I think we could have Andy Reid saga mark II coming up. Trap is very single minded and I wouldn't take it for granted he'll pick SI. Also - we do tend to overstate how good some of our players are. Ireland has got a lot of goals and done some good stuff but some of the hyperbole written on this thread and elsewhere about him is mind boggling. It was the same with AR. For what its worth I'd pick them both is a 5 man midfield with Doyle up front on his own.

Andy Reid is an easier fella to like than Stephen Ireland but Ireland seems to have the better career, don't you think?