Laois Intermediate Football Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rover

I agree the abuse from supporters of both teams was at times way over the top. I would know most supporters from both teams and it is amazing how some people behave in the heat of the moment.
I would have to say that both sidelines were well behaved and did not involve in nasty stuff.

On another note Rosenallis won U17 football championship tonight defeating the Heath by one point.
Good game could have gone either way, great week for Rosenallis and hopefully more success to come next weekend.

Neutralobserver

Quote from: The Rover on October 04, 2019, 10:10:50 PM

On another note Rosenallis won U17 football championship tonight defeating the Heath by one point.
Good game could have gone either way, great week for Rosenallis and hopefully more success to come next weekend.

Well done to all involved. Future is looking good there

SCFC

Fair play to Rosenallis. Decent chance of reaching a Leinster final now although the Kilkenny team will be no pushover. Senior champions in KK.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: SCFC on November 11, 2019, 09:53:24 AM
Fair play to Rosenallis. Decent chance of reaching a Leinster final now although the Kilkenny team will be no pushover. Senior champions in KK.

No KK football team have won a game outside their own county in more years than any can remember. Surely Rosenallis should walk this?

Laoiseabu

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on November 11, 2019, 11:12:45 AM

No KK football team have won a game outside their own county in more years than any can remember. Surely Rosenallis should walk this?
The Kilkenny lads bet the Dublin champs at the weekend and had a massive lead on them at one stage too .They were The same Dublin lads that bet Emo a couple of years ago in the Leinster intermediate. Won't be easy at all . Plenty of decent footballers in Kilkenny only there is no interest .

Neutralobserver

rosenallis have had easier draws all along the club championship and the same in the leinster championship so i would not see them stumbling agains the kk champs.  dublin club football outside of senior is not strong at all and also they could have taken the kk football team to lightly and got caught on the hop. rosenallis still fresh as no real hard games and its a definite final for them to cap off a good year.

Neutralobserver

From Rosenallis to The Rock to Rhode and back again – the amazing career of Mark Dunne https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/11/22/from-rosenallis-to-the-rock-to-rhode-and-back-again-the-amazing-career-of-mark-dunne/

Am I missing something here... a laois man been honoured for playing for offaly...which one is their actual club as the 3 have been in different counties also?.. also any1 know of any1 else that has worn both county colours as with the rivalry between both it sounds unusual ? I taught if this happened they would be outcasted and not honoured..

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 11, 2019, 11:33:30 AM

The Kilkenny lads bet the Dublin champs at the weekend and had a massive lead on them at one stage too .They were The same Dublin lads that bet Emo a couple of years ago in the Leinster intermediate. Won't be easy at all . Plenty of decent footballers in Kilkenny only there is no interest .
Predicted this a few weeks ago . Mullinavat could win the thing out now . People in Laois have a fierce habit of overrating their teams .

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 23, 2019, 04:44:23 PM
Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 11, 2019, 11:33:30 AM

Predicted this a few weeks ago . Mullinavat could win the thing out now . People in Laois have a fierce habit of overrating their teams .

Disappointed to see that result. I think John Lennon was carrying an injury and went off in the first half. Rosenallis also had a man sent off early in the game. If Lennon and Murray had stayed on the pitch it would've made a huge difference.

High Fielder

I don't think it would. Mullinavat were far superior and wasteful in front of goal. They were fitter, bigger and played well as a team. It was actually quite sobering to see a Kilkenny team being that dominant

Neutralobserver

Quote from: High Fielder on November 23, 2019, 10:23:17 PM
I don't think it would. Mullinavat were far superior and wasteful in front of goal. They were fitter, bigger and played well as a team. It was actually quite sobering to see a Kilkenny team being that dominant

Quiet sobering or quiet embarrassing. Kilkenny team in a football final. It's like having a louth team in the hurling final. Fair play to mullinavat but did rosenallis take them for granted. I've never heard of kilkenny club in a leinster football final. Maybe it's just how much laois football has declined but all In all a good year for rosenallis.

High Fielder

You should never be embarrassed when you're beaten fair and square. They were a physically imposing team who also tackled well. Laois teams will always struggle against that.

Neutralobserver

Quote from: High Fielder on November 23, 2019, 10:50:45 PM
You should never be embarrassed when you're beaten fair and square. They were a physically imposing team who also tackled well. Laois teams will always struggle against that.

Where was the plan to combat that. At the end of the day its kilkenny football. Correct me if I'm wrong but are they the only county without and intercounty football team?

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Neutralobserver on November 23, 2019, 11:43:34 PM
Quote from: High Fielder on November 23, 2019, 10:50:45 PM

Where was the plan to combat that. At the end of the day its kilkenny football. Correct me if I'm wrong but are they the only county without and intercounty football team?
It's not that big a disaster . It's the best team in the whole of county Kilkenny beating our intermediate champions Rosenallis who are fond of the hurling themselves in a big way .Wouldnt it be worse if the Kilkenny lads were able to beat our senior football champions ?  I'd be more concerned with Portlaoise losing to Éire Og tonight and the decline of a club with a population of 25,000 people .

ollie12

Did that Kilkenny team not beat the Dublin champions in the previous round?? I don't think you'd say Dublin football is on decline cos of that result.