Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Saffrongael

Quote from: Itchy on March 16, 2020, 12:29:11 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 16, 2020, 12:11:33 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/VivaElReyDeEsp/status/1239211245070422016

Posted without comment.

They should be batton charged off the beach the stupid f**kers.

Wouldn't be surprised if some of our own weren't there
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

TwoUpTwoDown

Amidst the madness of all this, you can't help but laugh that Arlene and  co are now "following science"...yet the same crew believe the world was created in only a handful of days. Oh my the irony  ::)

armaghniac

Quote from: mackers on March 16, 2020, 11:51:48 AM
That's not what I'm getting at. Foster said that they are stalling on closing schools in the north because when they close they will be closed for 16 weeks.  The British Health Secretary said yesterday that the lockdown on over 70s will be coming within "weeks" and when it does come it will be for four months.  When you compare this to what's happening in China and South Korea it doesn't stack up.  I'm not doubting that the next few weeks/months will be tough but is there scientific evidence to justify that the lockdowns on schoolchildren and over 70s for such an extended period?  Are they just trying to focus minds?

The virus is not going to go away. If you restrict things then you'll manage to keep the hospitals from overflowing, but if you then relax things too much the whole rigmarole would start again, China now has the latter problem.
Schools will be likely be closed until September. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on March 16, 2020, 01:08:44 PM
Amidst the madness of all this, you can't help but laugh that Arlene and  co are now "following science"...yet the same crew believe the world was created in only a handful of days. Oh my the irony  ::)

I'm surprised Arlene hasn't blamed the 'Homosexuals'
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Itchy

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 16, 2020, 12:53:17 PM

Posted without comment.

Wouldn't be surprised if some of our own weren't there

They deserve the same if they are.

armaghniac

Posted without comment.

It does seem a collection of yobs, but it could be argued that well spaced people on a beach were relatively safe or even that it would be the best place for them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Quote from: armaghniac on March 16, 2020, 01:17:31 PM

Posted without comment.

It does seem a collection of yobs, but it could be argued that well spaced people on a beach were relatively safe or even that it would be the best place for them.

The country is on lock down by order of the government, so unless you are buying food or going to work you have to stay at home.

screenexile

Reports coming that France are going into full lockdown for 5 weeks. Only leave the house once a day for shopping with a curfew @ 1800.

RadioGAAGAA

Posted without comment.

Off the beach?

Baton charged into deep water and told to fuckin swim home.
i usse an speelchekor

Mikhailov

Quote from: armaghniac on March 16, 2020, 01:14:08 PM
That's not what I'm getting at. Foster said that they are stalling on closing schools in the north because when they close they will be closed for 16 weeks.  The British Health Secretary said yesterday that the lockdown on over 70s will be coming within "weeks" and when it does come it will be for four months.  When you compare this to what's happening in China and South Korea it doesn't stack up.  I'm not doubting that the next few weeks/months will be tough but is there scientific evidence to justify that the lockdowns on schoolchildren and over 70s for such an extended period?  Are they just trying to focus minds?

The virus is not going to go away. If you restrict things then you'll manage to keep the hospitals from overflowing, but if you then relax things too much the whole rigmarole would start again, *China now has the latter problem*
Schools will be likely be closed until September.

China still in lockdown. Limited movement unless necessary , temperature taken when you leave apartment, when you enter shops to get necessities. Risk getting arrested if you break lockdown criteria. Only very domestic virus cases in China - they have and are still in lockdown which started weeks ago

RadioGAAGAA

That's not what I'm getting at. Foster said that they are stalling on closing schools in the north because when they close they will be closed for 16 weeks.  The British Health Secretary said yesterday that the lockdown on over 70s will be coming within "weeks" and when it does come it will be for four months.  When you compare this to what's happening in China and South Korea it doesn't stack up. 

Indeed. Within weeks will be far too late.

I'm not doubting that the next few weeks/months will be tough but is there scientific evidence to justify that the lockdowns on schoolchildren and over 70s for such an extended period?  Are they just trying to focus minds?

Yes. Look at the spanish flu.
i usse an speelchekor

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 01:16:01 PM
Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on March 16, 2020, 01:08:44 PM

I'm surprised Arlene hasn't blamed the 'Homosexuals'
In the old days in Europe "the Jews" would have been blamed.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

https://www.ft.com/content/30a3a26e-674f-11ea-800d-da70cff6e4d3

The airline industry is warning that it must shed jobs and obtain state support to survive the coronavirus crisis, as carriers around the globe grounded the majority of their fleets and took steps to conserve cash.

In the past 24 hours, United Airlines of the US, IAG — parent of British Airways, Aer Lingus and Iberia — Air France-KLM, easyJet, Finnair, Air New Zealand and Aeroflot all unveiled drastic measures to cut costs after several countries, including Germany and Spain, closed their borders.

Willie Walsh, head of IAG, will postpone his retirement to steer the group through the health emergency. Announcing a 75 per cent reduction in capacity over the next two months, Mr Walsh said there was no guarantee that many European airlines would survive.

"The situation is going to be quite dynamic in the next few weeks," he said. "There are many airlines out there who are severely stressed with little or no cash resources." There was no guarantee that many European airlines would survive, he said.

His comments came as the Centre for Aviation, a respected aviation consultancy, warned that by the end of May most airlines would be bankrupt due to the unprecedented travel restrictions that are being rolled out by governments around the world. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU