The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Whishtup on February 12, 2018, 12:32:40 AM
It looks like Tomas O'Shea actually isn't taking the time to watch some of the games that he's reflecting on and just reverts to cliche'd diatribe to get through his slot.  Disappointing.  Man, these TV licenses kill me...

Lookit Des, I s'pose...
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Welcome to Syferworld Easy tiger  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Jinxy on February 11, 2018, 11:06:26 PM
So I could watch a match through your eyes and listen to the commentary through your ears with the technology available to us now?
What an age we live in.

You never know, you might be able to think what he thinks too. 🤤
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyCake

Nearly choked on me tae when they showed a Div 3 match last night!

Itchy

Quote from: Whishtup on February 12, 2018, 12:32:40 AM
It looks like Tomas O'Shea actually isn't taking the time to watch some of the games that he's reflecting on and just reverts to cliche'd diatribe to get through his slot.  Disappointing.  Man, these TV licenses kill me...

He said Kildare v Tyrone was a terrible game but by all account i heard it was very exciting with some good scores. I thought Sean Cavanagh had some homework done on what he was saying. Sure a Kerry man only needs a few cute hoor cliches and sure that will be grand altogether.

westbound

It seems to me that there is a directly inverse relationship between the amount of analysis/homework done Vs the length of time on the panel.

Kavanagh being new to the panel feels like he has to do some work to warrant him getting the gig. Tomas is there a few years now so has realised rte will pay him the say regardless of how much prep work he does!

Jinxy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 12, 2018, 09:58:55 AM
So I could watch a match through your eyes and listen to the commentary through your ears with the technology available to us now?
What an age we live in.

I don't think I've enough RAM.

the goal was on

Sean Cav done his homework!! Sais flynn had no real impact when coming on for dublin the other night!

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on February 12, 2018, 01:06:47 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 12, 2018, 09:58:55 AM
What an age we live in.

I don't think I've enough RAM.
Add some JAM

https://youtu.be/I_2D8Eo15wE

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tonto1888

was good to see a bit of our game on last night. And they even showed the div3/4 tables. Maybe they read this thread

Itchy

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 12, 2018, 03:53:28 PM
was good to see a bit of our game on last night. And they even showed the div3/4 tables. Maybe they read this thread

Or maybe they had no footage due to cancelations, had to borrow Armagh TV footage and had to show the table to make the approach plausible. Lets see does another Div 3 match get shown for the rest of the year.

Rossfan

I hear Smug Jim is now refusing to talk to RTÉ.
I presume they'll have to stop all GAA coverage now.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Orchard park

Quote from: Rossfan on February 14, 2018, 10:52:53 AM
I hear Smug Jim is now refusing to talk to RTÉ.
I presume they'll have to stop all GAA coverage now.

part of the process

Jinxy

If every single manager in the country stopped giving interviews it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

trileacman

Quote from: Jinxy on February 14, 2018, 11:31:14 AM
If every single manager in the country stopped giving interviews it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Agreed. The way people get annoyed about media bans you'd think every county manager and footballer in the country was Jose mourinho.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014