Ulster Final 2008 - Armagh vs Fermanagh

Started by wanderer, June 29, 2008, 11:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quoteyes well we didnt see this workrate from armagh on sunday

Really? I am sure the highly paid pundits like Brolly didn't notice that one. I'll pass it on to the Armagh camp.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

McManus.

aye well they are only backing armagh as a safe bet. it suits all us fermanagh ones to be underdogs.

Armamike

For good portions of the Down and Fermanagh games Armagh competed ok at midfield - it's not true to say they were completely wiped out. The last 20 mins in both games was a big problem obviously.  McGrane has been accused of tiring late in games, but he has been competing well with his direct opponents , winning and breaking the ball - its the Armagh half backs and half forwards who haven't contributed enough. Not sure if it's a lack of hunger, wrong tactics or whatever, but there simply were not enough bodies in there competing for the ball with Fermanagh men in that last 20.  A fully fit Martin O'Rourke staying on the pitch for the full 70 would be a good help too.
That's just, like your opinion man.

McManus.

fair enough armagh did play a good game in the first half. but they simply are not fit enough to finish the 70mins. they have players on that team which are well ovr 30. fermanagh have a young and fit team they proved this on sunday that they were running rings around the armagh boys. armagh dont have enough power or strenght to see off fermanagh and i cant see this armagh team going much further.

Yes I Would

You could be right Mc Manus!! You just could be right!!

Armamike

If i were from Fermanagh i'd be confident too, based on that last 20 mins or so. But the first 50 mins wasn't exactly great was it? It's hard to know if Armagh can get things fixed at midfield in time, as others have said it has been an ongoing problem area.  But if i was a Fermanagh supporter i'd be hoping for my own team to show a lot more composure in front of the posts.

That's just, like your opinion man.

McManus.

fermanagh wernt great in the first 50mins but we all believe it was nerves none if these boys have ever been in a ulster final but when they realised that they have the skills to win they went into action. fermanagh will come out on sunday and will play for the full 70mins they will have an even better second half and armagh wont be able 2 content with them. of course armagh will still be hot favourites to win bt i dont think they will be able to finish the game off they will have a good 1st half but they wont turn up for the 2nd half.

balladmaker

Quotefermanagh wernt great in the first 50mins but we all believe it was nerves none if these boys have ever been in a ulster final but when they realised that they have the skills to win they went into action. fermanagh will come out on sunday and will play for the full 70mins they will have an even better second half and armagh wont be able 2 content with them. of course armagh will still be hot favourites to win bt i dont think they will be able to finish the game off they will have a good 1st half but they wont turn up for the 2nd half.

Who the feck are you...Nostradamus?  ;)

Skiddybadoo

Quote from: balladmaker on July 24, 2008, 12:31:26 AM
Quotefermanagh wernt great in the first 50mins but we all believe it was nerves none if these boys have ever been in a ulster final but when they realised that they have the skills to win they went into action. fermanagh will come out on sunday and will play for the full 70mins they will have an even better second half and armagh wont be able 2 content with them. of course armagh will still be hot favourites to win bt i dont think they will be able to finish the game off they will have a good 1st half but they wont turn up for the 2nd half.

Who the feck are you...Nostradamus?  ;)

No, he's NostraMcmanus ;D ;D

McManus.

QuoteWho the feck are you...Nostradamus?  ;)

and what excaly would you mean by that?

Skiddybadoo

Quote from: McManus. on July 24, 2008, 01:27:24 AM
QuoteWho the feck are you...Nostradamus?  ;)

and what excaly would you mean by that?

I wouldn't wanna predict Balladmaker's response.

Go to bed McManus, your Summer Club starts early in the morning.

Good night and good luck.

High Catch

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 24, 2008, 08:54:31 AM

AOR, it has been good to see him back, he is a great reader of the game and is always in position but he hasn't the legs or speed.  Too often he was left trailing a faster Fermanagh player who had 3 or 4 yards on him before he got going.  He can play by sitting in from of Francie but his distribution of the ball can be quite poor, often losing possession.  It's time to remove sentiment, AOR has done a great job in the transition without McGeeney but McKeever needs to be given his chance to take over at CHB with Donaghy moving into half back.

Surely abit harsh?

Goats Do Shave

I thought he was definately exposed last Sunday! Was because his little brother wasn't there to bail him out??

corn02

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 24, 2008, 08:54:31 AM
He can play by sitting in from of Francie but his distribution of the ball can be quite poor,

One of the stupidest things I have ever heard on the GAABOARD.

Tommy Tibbs

He can play by sitting in from of Francie but his distribution of the ball can be quite poor,

Agreed, A O'R's districution in general is of a very high standard from centre half back, quite possibly an significant improvement to the days of Geezer. He may have had a bad day last week but that doesnt mean he's finished.