Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFS

I know a couple of teachers in St. Joes in Crossmaglen and they were telling me that there's a bunch of young ones from Cullyhanna that have been going around recently styling themselves as the CYC - Cullyhanna Young Criminals. I had to laugh when I was told this and it is a bit of a running joke about the school apparently, but its also been noted by a few people as perhaps being quite a sinister development, especially as last week the cops were up at the school because some members of the 'CYC' have decided it would be a great idea to start stoning the teachers' cars after school (two days in a row apparently).

So just wondering if anyone else had heard of this? I wouldn't be surprised if these were the same lads that were responsible for other 'disturbances' in the area such as the attack on the parish priest's house.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on May 18, 2008, 09:58:05 PM
Great win for St Pat's to bounce back after Friday night's disappointment up at Ibrox.

Pearse Ogs were much the better side in the first 20 minutes with the 2 Clarke brother causing a lot of problems, particularly Ronan. They went 4 up after we scored an own goal but St Pat's got back into it late in the first half with a Shane McKeever penalty. Excellent second half performance to win by 2 points. Clarke was a lot quiter after Ciaran O'Hare was moved onto him although he always looked like he might be a threat. Ogs just didn't get enough of the ball to him in the second half. Another good performance from midfield and Aidan Mackin and Eugene Casey both had excellent games. Great to get back to winning ways so quickly and beating the county finalists with all of their county players available is a superb result for Cullyhanna.

A disappointing result yesterday.  The Ogs had the opportunity to have the game dead and buried in the first half.  Out of 19 chances in the first half we converted 6.  We took the foot off the pedal when we went 4 in front and allowed St Pats back into it, with a penalty coming at just the right time for them. 

Mackin took control of midifeld in the last 15 minutes and it was all St Pats from there.  Our defence worked well but our decision making and finishing in the last 3rd let us down.

Candyman

Sunday 18 May

ACL – Division One
Maghery 0-6; Crossmaglen 0-17
Killeavey 0-13; Clan na Gael 3-10
Mullaghbawn 1-13; Culloville 3-10
St Patrick's 1-11; Pearse Og 1-9

ACL – Division Two
Tir na nÓg 0-14; Ballymacnab 2-11
Whitecross 0-8;An Port Mor 3-5
Keady v Granemore (Off)
St Michael's 2-6; Carrickcruppen 3-9
Sarsfields 3-13; Wolfe Tones 0-7
Silverbridge 0-12; Clann Eireann 2-7

ACL – Division Three
Belleek 1-11; Lissummon 1-4
Collegeland 3-13; Tullysaran 0-10
St Peter's 1-17; Grange 0-6
Annaghmore v Madden (Off)
Clonmore 4-7; Crossmaglen II 3-10
Ballyhegan 1-12; St Paul's 0-9

ACL – Division Four
Forkhill 3-9; Dorsey Emmett's 0-10
Middletown v Derrynoose (Off)
O'Hanlon's 0-11; Clady 3-4
Phelim Brady's 1-9; Mullaghbrack 1-11
Shane O'Neill's 3-16; Corrinshego 1-4
Bye – Eire Og

Candyman

ARMAGH ALL-COUNTY LEAGUE TABLES AT SUNDAY 18 MAY 2008

ACL - Division One
TEAM P W D L Pts
Crossmaglen 6 5 1 0 11
St Patrick's 7 5 0 2 10
Culloville 6 4 1 1 9
Pearse Og 6 4 1 1 9
Mullaghbawn 6 3 1 2 7
Clan na Gael 7 2 2 3 6
Dromintee 6 2 1 3 5
Harps 6 1 2 3 4
Killeavey 7 1 0 6 2
Maghery 6 0 1 5 1

ACL - Division Two
TEAM P W D L Pts
St Michael's 7 5 0 2 10
Tir na nÓg 7 5 0 2 10
Sarsfields 7 5 0 2 10
Clann Eireann 6 4 0 2 8
Granemore 6 4 0 2 8
Ballymacnab 7 3 1 3 7
Carrickcruppen 7 3 1 3 7
Silverbridge 7 3 0 4 6
Wolfe Tones 7 3 0 4 6
An Port Mor 7 2 0 5 4
Keady 5 1 0 4 2
Whitecross 7 1 0 6 2

High Catch

Candyman, is your match v Dromintee on tonight and if so where is it on?

Candyman

Yeah its on 2nite and we are away to Dromintee.
Of all feckin nites to have a match, its on a monday... :-\

High Catch

Both sides need a win.

Are the county lads available?

bennydorano

Bit of help with directions from the Dromintee boys please, I dont think I've ever got to the Dromintee pitch while not getting lost somewhere along the way. 

If I go into Meigh is it the Railway Rd that takes you directly to the pitch?

FermGael

Could any of you kind Armagh folk give me directions or a map to Eire og playing fields??
I have a schools fixture there tommorrow.  Will be coming in from Belfast.
Much Appreciated
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

SouthArmaghBandit

How come Harps are struggling? I didn't expect to see them down around bottom.

Fermgael - if you come off the M1 at Lurgan head towards the town then right at the first set of lights. The end of the road right again. At the end of that road left. Then you come to a round about and the pitch is beside it.

winsamsoon

If a parish priest is coming out with comments like this then i don't know what can be done around that area. The priests are supposed to be the pillars of society. If they are stoking the fire then there is no hope for the common low lifes. Not being from the cullyhanna area only leads me to guess that what is happening is the countryside is turning into a town. It seems certain individuals are getting too big for their boots and starting to cause havoc in the local area. This sort of behaviour is very noticeable in bigger towns or cities but tends to be more low key in rural areas. The old drink/ drug culture is starting to seep into the country. This is probably the only part of our society that is still fairly settled in terms of violence and thuggery. It would be a shame to let village idiots ruin it. Though i know for a fact there are a lot of good folk in Cullyhanna so it is unfair to try and enthnicly clense them all for the behaviour of a few.

I thought Martin Mc Quillan was managing Cullyhanna the year. When we played them up there i was chatting to him and asumed he had taken over the reins. Who is this other guys you are refering too?? Has he white hair, because there was a guy with white hair trouncing about also.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

stpauls

Quote from: bennydorano on May 19, 2008, 09:20:50 AM
Bit of help with directions from the Dromintee boys please, I dont think I've ever got to the Dromintee pitch while not getting lost somewhere along the way. 

Benny, it has been a while since i have played in Dromintee, but if you are coming from Meigh, take the first road on the left after you come out of the village, Aghdavoyle Road i think it is called, it is at a kind of crossroads, and go along this road, and the pitch will be on your right hand side, around about a mile along the road. if it is still there, there should be a big grey wall around the ptich you cannot miss!!!

Broken_Cross

Quote from: FermGael on May 19, 2008, 10:11:40 AM
Could any of you kind Armagh folk give me directions or a map to Eire og playing fields??
I have a schools fixture there tommorrow.  Will be coming in from Belfast.
Much Appreciated

Here ya go

http://www.orchardcounty.com/modules.php?name=Club_Locator

doire na raithe

Quote from: bennydorano on May 19, 2008, 09:20:50 AM

If you know how to get to meigh your grand. Go straight through the village of Meigh, don't take the left at the pub, through the traffic calming measures (just an island with the speed limit on it) and it is the next left. Theres a sign there pointing down that road saying dromnintee playing fields. It is about a mile on down towards the bottom of that road on your righthandside, you cant miss it.

twotwocharlie

SPOT ON WIN . CHEIF THUG HIMSELF