Armagh V Cavan - Ulster Championship - 15th June 2008

Started by AFS, April 22, 2008, 01:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

High Catch

So only 20 out of the 50 at county training will actually be involved in the championship games?

I can't see that being too benificial.

Surely the reserves would be better training with their clubs?

orangeman

Remember that Keoghan's future depends on the outcome of this match !  ;)

Onion Bag

Quote from: High Catch on June 03, 2008, 11:29:04 AM
So only 20 out of the 50 at county training will actually be involved in the championship games?

I can't see that being too benificial.

Surely the reserves would be better training with their clubs?

We are only assuming High Catch, we dont know

Onion Bag

No i was just agreeing with the fact that the reserves are probably training full time with the panel, so that in the case of an injury they are aware of whats going on round them and they arent coming in Cold

Uladh

You know the championship is fast approaching when the injury rumours start flying, so here goes -

My uncle went to watch armagh train in dundalk last night (fair crowd of spectators apparently) and he reports that aside from the lads training on their own none of ciaran McKeever, Aidan O'Rourke, Martin O'Rourke or Oisin McConville were stripped out. the very helpful physio (also from dundalk) told him and his friend that the first two are very unlikely to be ready for next week.

ye have te love de gossip.

thebandit

bennydorano

Quote from: Uladh on June 04, 2008, 10:35:21 AM

You know the championship is fast approaching when the injury rumours start flying, so here goes -

My uncle went to watch armagh train in dundalk last night (fair crowd of spectators apparently) and he reports that aside from the lads training on their own none of ciaran McKeever, Aidan O'Rourke, Martin O'Rourke or Oisin McConville were stripped out. the very helpful physio (also from dundalk) told him and his friend that the first two are very unlikely to be ready for next week.

ye have te love de gossip.
Any sign of Toner?

Uladh

Training away apparently. the lads doing their own training included swift, brian mallon and one of the kernans though there were more who he didn't recognise

corn02

35 training. the panel of 30 plus five reserves. The other 10 are just kept an eye on at club level.

bud

does anyone know who exactly the 5 reserves are, and the 10 on stand by?

billy the kid

why on earth would Armagh need an extended panel of 50??

Surely the trainings arent that intense.

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

corn02

billy the kid

Quote from: Uladh on June 03, 2008, 11:03:07 AM

So there's 50 training? 35 plus 15 reserves?

Im just goin by this man.

Thought 50 was a bit big but 45 isnt much better.

I know your only meant to keep a panel of 30 but I assumed Armagh were just doing what Tyrone done the last couple of years and kept 5 extra and then had these other 15 men, who lets face it bar an outbreak of the black death in the changing room, dont have a hope of playing for Armagh again this year.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!