NFL Division 4 2014

Started by Gold, February 01, 2014, 04:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

Hopefully we bounce straight back up. The Baker still has  some magic left to sprinkle i think.

Looking forward to Carrick tomorrow v Leitrim!

C'mon Antrim!!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Syferus

Quote from: Gold on February 01, 2014, 04:41:47 PM
Hopefully we bounce straight back up. The Baker still has  some magic left to sprinkle i think.

Looking forward to Carrick tomorrow v Leitrim!

C'mon Antrim!!

Don't forget your umbrella.

Gold

I hope you replace us in the basement. I hope the English invade your land-locked county and the rest of us are freed. We could have a 31 County Republic. We'd sit on our arses and do nothin

You could swap your primrose for red!

JP

Antrim at 4/6 looks good to me. Can't see anything but an Antrim win.

Gold

1-8 to 0-3 to Leitrim at HT

f**k

glens abu

Jesus that's bad,maybe playing against a strong wind in first half,any further scores

Syferus

Lovelies 1-11 Antrim 1-06 FT.

Hopefully our little brothers can mount a promotion push now.

Man of Kent

Looking forward to my first county game of the season tomorrow, London vs Clare.

A bit of a beating in the opening fixture at Wicklow, but hope springs eternal.

Rossfan

Hope you enjoy it.
Why is this fixture on this weekend I wonder?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Man of Kent

?????

Any reason why it shouldn't be this weekend?

Rossfan

Quote from: Man of Kent on February 22, 2014, 09:29:16 PM
?????

Any reason why it shouldn't be this weekend?
No NFL games this weekend ( obv other than this one) . Resume next weekend.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Man of Kent

Oh, I see. I thought you were suggesting something sinister!

I'm Just glad to see some football. Chances are limited for a Man of Kent! :)

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Rossfan on February 22, 2014, 09:00:16 PM
Hope you enjoy it.
Why is this fixture on this weekend I wonder?
Clare got it brought forward because it was due to be played on St Patricks weekend?

Man of Kent

London 1-8 (1-3) Clare 2-14 (2-7)

Well the euphoria of last summer is well and truly over for London after the second (heavy) defeat of season.

Clare ran out worthy winners at Ruslip in a strong wind and on a tricky surface that offered erratic bounce and saw players struggle to keep their feet. Indeed I have never seen a game where players traveled while almost exclusively kicking, not bouncing the ball. 

Clare effectively won with two goals in the first 15 minutes, both of which London could (and should) have avoided. The first saw London appear to have control of the ball only to lose possession in front of goal giving Traynor no chance. The second saw the keeper spill the ball at his near post and with defenders helpless the ball was smashed into the roof of the net.

London's talisman Lorcan Mulvey did nip in front of the Clare 'keeper to punch a goal for the home team on 22 minutes, but he wasn't his dominated self (I believe he is back from injury and missed the trip to Wicklow) and was replaced at the start of the second half after a heavy challenge.

Any hope of London revival was short lived as Clare replied to the London three pointer by racking up 6 points in 8 minutes to the home sides 1.

As always London's efforts was not in question however they didn't seem to be at the races today. Paul Coggins must already be concerned that the wooden spoon beckons!

On a separate note how much do Div. 4 sides charge for admission?  In the short time I've been watching London I think the price of league games has doubled, £5 to £10. Bearing in mind that Ruslip is a clubhouse with a playing area, no seats or terrace. While I'm happy to pay ten quid seems a lot to me.

armaghniac

QuoteOn a separate note how much do Div. 4 sides charge for admission?  In the short time I've been watching London I think the price of league games has doubled, £5 to £10. Bearing in mind that Ruslip is a clubhouse with a playing area, no seats or terrace. While I'm happy to pay ten quid seems a lot to me.

The GAA doesn't do selective pricing, in general. A decent seat in a covered stand for a Div 1 or Div 2 game would be the same price. In Ireland, you can buy the ticket during the week before the game for a discount.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B