Jersualem Street - worst street in the Holylands?

Started by StGallsGAA, February 18, 2009, 11:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

I was visiting a mate in Jeruslaem Street last Friday night and when leaving Andersonstown was told to watch myself in 'that' street!  My mate then told me a few horror stories and said that even the students did their level best to avoid it!   

When I got there there were a few kids playing hurley/hockey with bits of timber and a stone a couple of them hurled abuse at me cos i walked on their 'pitch'.   When I go to my mates house he said it was pretty bad some nights and girls avoided it like the plague at night.

Anyone know of bad experiences suffered by students there?

Derry Dolly

most of those streets are bad,jerusalem,carmel,palestine etc. but i think it was on jerusalem last year that a guy i new from school had paint stripper poured all over his (and a few others) car by some not-so-nice locals  :o :o
girl i new also got her car burnt out at the bottom of either jerusalem or damascas st 2yrs ago..spides!  :-\

Minder

I think we have been down this road before, no pun intended.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the scenic route

i dunno i live on fitzroy down near the ormeau road its no too hot ive lost a few car wing mirrors. alot of foreign nationals for neighbours, mate was walking down the street one evening down the street one day and he got hit by a yogurt on the shoulder looked up and their was a few of the said foreign national kids laughing lol, he wasn too happy but i pissed melaughing at him.
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

Hank Everlast

i used to live down the bottom of jerusalem st 4 years ago and it was bad even then.... but as derry dolly says theres about four or five streets in that wee area that are the worst and are best avoided at times!

doire na raithe

Minder

So i believe there is a 50 page thread on it but tear away anyway.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: doire na raithe on February 18, 2009, 01:10:01 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 18, 2009, 12:03:34 PM
I think we have been down this road before, no pun intended.........

So?
There is an unwritten rule that multiple threads on the same topic are a waste of time. Everyone (apart from T. Fearon) usually stick to it.

I'll summarise for you so that the thread can be closed. Here goes "There are both local scumbags and student scumbags living in the Holylands. Both sides don't get on."

Carry on.