Carrickmacross

Started by whitey, October 07, 2019, 05:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

I wonder if this is a related story.

tonto1888

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 07, 2019, 07:48:14 PM
Easy to blame extremists. Some border towns in the north are totally overrun with Romanians and Bulgarians and whilst the truth might not be palatable, these lads aren't working and hanging around the streets all day, so people don't feel entirely comfortable.

Like plenty of the locals then

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 07, 2019, 07:48:14 PM
Easy to blame extremists. Some border towns in the north are totally overrun with Romanians and Bulgarians and whilst the truth might not be palatable, these lads aren't working and hanging around the streets all day, so people don't feel entirely comfortable.

Nightshift? Daytime is their own free time?

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Rossfan on October 07, 2019, 06:52:26 PM
Seems to be a right wing extremist Councillor called Trainor whipping up hatred.
Anyone who doesn't go along with the cosy consensus of the establishment will inevitably get dismissed in such terms.

Kidder81

Yeah it's easy to be a "isn't diversity great" luvvie as long as they aren't living too close to you

screenexile

Quote from: Kidder81 on October 08, 2019, 09:49:09 AM
Yeah it's easy to be a "isn't diversity great" luvvie as long as they aren't living too close to you

I live in a small town with 2 big factories and plenty of Eastern Europeans working here... most of them are sound there's been a few minor incidents but nothing major.

Let them at it I say who the f**k am I to tell people where they can and can't live.

I think the Oughterard thing was taken over by some alt right nutjobs as well!!!

trailer

This is Ireland. Sickening. What is it to be Irish anymore? No Foreigners. Claim culture. I need 10 houses. Homelessness. I'm alright jack. Burn the boats. Greed.

Main Street

A real Irish person, one of us, is told by his mates that they have started a petition somewhere on the internet about Carrick. And to please go on line to any appropriate discussion board and inform other real Irish people about the sh'it storm of rumblings all over social media about Carrick(real Irish) and them- - migrants - not real humans. When the concerned real Irish person is asked to provide a link, a link to the contrived petition is provided.

Denn Forever

Is this the Direct provision policy that is happening all round the country?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Rossfan

Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 08, 2019, 09:38:32 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 07, 2019, 06:52:26 PM
Seems to be a right wing extremist Councillor called Trainor whipping up hatred.
Anyone who doesn't go along with the cosy consensus of the establishment will inevitably get dismissed in such terms.
Just like Herr Hitler was in the 1920s eh?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM