45 Years

Started by stephenite, August 29, 2008, 02:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Meant to put this up yesterday - thought the occasion should be remembered considering what's going on in Denver. I'd be interested to hear from our US based members about what they feel has changed, if much at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEMXaTktUfA

heganboy

well, have you noticed who's running for election...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stephenite

Think the reference to events in Denver would have made that much obvious. Was more asking from a man on the street perspective - I've seen the interviews with rednecks in bars who won't vote for Obama because he's a muslim, but what's your own experience?

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: stephenite on August 29, 2008, 05:51:22 AM
Think the reference to events in Denver would have made that much obvious. Was more asking from a man on the street perspective - I've seen the interviews with rednecks in bars who won't vote for Obama because he's a muslim, but what's your own experience?

He is actually Christian if that matters. Most voters go by what their friends tell them or a 15 second snippet on the news which I find discouraging.
Here you have a chance to vote that will influence not only your life, the nation and the world but about 40-65% (imho) take it serious and research or at least get some info to make an informed decision. The US has allowed women(1920) and blacks(fully in 1965) to vote which shows strides in the political proccess. With that being said it will be an uphill battle for Obama but with the economy, energy,war and international relations all on shaky gounds hopefully the American public will put aside the race card and vote for a change. Now we all know the president is not the last word on political decisions (congress and representatives check and balances) but the president can influence the direction of the US.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

thejuice

That speech is great. I was compiling a file of great speeches and quotes but lost it when I moved house. Im going to restart it soon. I'll probably start with Dr Kings speech.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

muppet

I'd never heard the full thing, thanks for that Stephenite.
MWWSI 2017