TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Started The Stranger on Netflix. Very good so far.

An Watcher

Anyone seen Godfather of Harlem. Missed the conclusion the other night but it doesn't seem to be on RTE player? Why is this. Great show and I'm going to miss the conclusion

Square Ball

Quote from: mrdeeds on February 05, 2020, 05:26:23 PM

Loads in work watched or in the process of, all very good reports.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

macdanger2

Quote from: An Watcher on February 06, 2020, 08:10:57 PM
Anyone seen Godfather of Harlem. Missed the conclusion the other night but it doesn't seem to be on RTE player? Why is this. Great show and I'm going to miss the conclusion

I saw an ad tonight for the concluding episodes on rte, not sure when they're being broadcast though - check the schedule for the next few days

Worth watching?

An Watcher

Oh I thought they were on Tuesday night past there. Maybe this isn't the case

Taylor

Quote from: mrdeeds on February 05, 2020, 05:26:23 PM

3 episodes in and it starts to come together a bit.
Decent viewing.

Better than that Messiah shite  ::)

thewobbler

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 06, 2020, 09:29:21 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on February 06, 2020, 08:10:57 PM

I saw an ad tonight for the concluding episodes on rte, not sure when they're being broadcast though - check the schedule for the next few days

Worth watching?

All the ingredients are there but for some reason it doesn't taste right.

lurganblue

The White House Farm show is def an interesting watch on ITV.  I'm not old enough to have remembered this case in the news at the time so it's all a bit new to me.  Horrible what went on there.

Stephen Graham with a Welsh accent in this one. 

johnnycool

Quote from: lurganblue on February 07, 2020, 09:16:50 AM
The White House Farm show is def an interesting watch on ITV.  I'm not old enough to have remembered this case in the news at the time so it's all a bit new to me.  Horrible what went on there.

Stephen Graham with a Welsh accent in this one.

Catching up on ITV Hub and it's a good watch. I do vaguely remember it at the time so know the final outcome but interesting all the same.

quit yo jibbajabba

Great actor but getting a lot of stick for his accent in this one

tyroneman

Quote from: screenexile on February 05, 2020, 01:31:51 PM
Started Armando Iannucci's new show Avenue 5 and I'm 3 episodes in. . . not great I would have to say I don't find it anywhere near as good as his other stuff!

Agree...hopefully it's a slow burn and gets better.

Saw first episode of Danny McBride's Righteous Gemstones....again, hope it gets better like Vice Principals did

screenexile

Quote from: tyroneman on February 07, 2020, 01:15:24 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 05, 2020, 01:31:51 PM
Started Armando Iannucci's new show Avenue 5 and I'm 3 episodes in. . . not great I would have to say I don't find it anywhere near as good as his other stuff!

Agree...hopefully it's a slow burn and gets better.

Saw first episode of Danny McBride's Righteous Gemstones....again, hope it gets better like Vice Principals did

Did Vice Prinicpals get better?? I gave up quite quickly on that one!

Main Street

How quick?
I lasted 10 minutes with vice principals.

Babylon Berlin is on a season 3 now.
I decided to rewatch first, starting with S1 ep 1

BennyCake

Did anyone see the David Baddiel documentary 'Confronting Halocaust Denial' on BBC?

Couldn't say it was a very balanced program to be honest. Oh and there was an interesting fella from Ennis on it.

screenexile

Quote from: BennyCake on February 21, 2020, 12:22:47 PM
Did anyone see the David Baddiel documentary 'Confronting Halocaust Denial' on BBC?

Couldn't say it was a very balanced program to be honest. Oh and there was an interest fella from Ennis on it.

It's hard to balance a programme like that... do you put Priests and Cardinals on a documentary about how the earth was formed?